• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New info on HGVC and SFX

Bill4728

Reaction score
There is new info about making a deposit in SFX using your HGVC points.

Originally Posted by kdorward
Mark,
When I called HGVC about depositing a week that I was going to use for an exchange for SFX they said it has to be my home resort. That it couldn't be for example Hawaii. Do you know who you talked to. Also if I upgrade to platinum membership how much will I have to pay for a bonus week??

It used to be, you could only deposit your home resort where you actually owned. It has recently changed to where you can now reserve any week with HGVC and deposit that week with SFX. Sometimes the news doesn't always reach the front line in a timely manner.

So... for example, go ahead and reserve a week at HGVC in one of their Hawaii properties. There is no need at that point to mention depositing with an exchange company. Then login to your SFX account at www.sfx-resorts.com/memblogin.htm and click Deposit a week.

Complete the deposit form. We will then send that to HGVC who will verify the dates and size are correct, and then sign off on it. At that point it will be credited to your SFX account for an exchange... Plus a Bonus Week as per our offer.

temerson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Always glad to find out there are more ways to maximize the use of HGVC pts. Has anyone tried this yet?

Bourne

TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked a 1Br Gold(3400 pts) reservation at my home resort and banked it with SFX for a 3-1 promotion. Already exchanged/used two out of the three.

TerriJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a link where I can learn more about SFX and what it takes to join?

Thanks.