• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Your Input: Change Legacy weeks to CWA and get Ovations option

Arb

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I need some real help from someone who knows more than I do.
We have two Wyndham weeks that were converted to points years ago. We might be stuck trying to sell them or give them away in a couple of years.
We have an offer to put a "certificate" in our account that would convert us to Club Wyndham Access and also get the Ovations option that we would likely use in the next few years.
No money is required from us. I don't see a downside to this -- am I missing something?
Carole

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There is no way, no money is required now if they are changing you from a converted fixed week to CWA. What do you currently own?

Arb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fairfield Harbour NC and also Longwharf in Newport RI

Arb

TUG Member
Reaction score
The man is assuring us that no money is required. It seems odd.
We're taking a break from the meeting. Since what we own is so old, it would be hard to get rid of when we're done with it. Getting ovations would be a plus.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
The only way to know what Wyndham will take via Ovation is to call them. It’s very possible they would take one or both of your contracts. The salesperson definitely wouldn’t know for sure.

Reactions: Arb

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It won't cost you any money to convert your 2 weeks (as long as you purchase another 105,000 or so access points for $17,000+). Regardless of what he said you will not walk out of there with your units converted to CWA and you not making a purchase.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
It is always difficult to parse out the sales speak.... "no money required" might just be sales speak for "no cash payment required"... aka they can finance the downpayment via Paypal and the rest via Wyndham.

As was pointed out tschwa2, the number of times a sales person will do anything to help an owner WITHOUT making a sale are between slim and none. No matter what they say, their purpose in life is to ring the cash register, and nothing else.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tell them you will do it and find out. And when he said he can not do without a small package buy you will know

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tell them you will do it. If there is more than a couple of sheets of paper, you can smell a rat. If you are checking off boxes that you didn't read, you may be applying for a credit card. Either way, you have a minimum of days to rescind the contract. Call their bluff....

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tell them you will do it. If there is more than a couple of sheets of paper, you can smell a rat. If you are checking off boxes that you didn't read, you may be applying for a credit card. Either way, you have a minimum of days to rescind the contract. Call their bluff....
Yes, I checked with my boss and . . .

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
No money might mean pay him $20,000 now and 'make up the difference' on reduced maintenance fees and / or the value from a Wyndham rewards card over the next 20 years.

Bob