• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Westgate Advice

custcarcen

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any Westgate locations or units in Orlando that anyone has nice things to say about ?

We are looking for multiple 2 or 3 bedroom units in a winter month next year and it looks like only Westgates are available.

Or is it just that they become available earlier than say, marriotts ?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Set up an ongoing search for the resorts of your choice.
Don't worry that the weeks are not online at this time.

Dave*H

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in Westgate Lakes 4 years ago in a 3 bdrm lockoff unit, and it was fine. Keys to an enjoyable stay:

- Do not sign up for anything that masquerades as an owner update, resort information, etc. In our case, they insisted we sign up for some sort of resort information meeting in order to get access to pools, etc. I'm not sure how they were going to keep us out of the pools since I didn't see anyone checking. Not a big deal to us anyway because we were there for Disney, not to hang out at the pools. In any case, I scheduled the meeting for Friday afternoon and never showed up. Nobody ever tried to contact me about not showing up and the front desk didn't mention it at checkout either.

- Unplug the phones so that the sales weasels can't pester you. They did leave a couple of messages. Every now and then, I would plug in the phone, listen to and delete any messages.

I had no complaints about the actual unit. The only problem we had was that parking was tight and a couple of times we had to park a ways away from our unit. Most of the complaints about Westgate are about the sales weasels and how Westgate screws the owners. Those aren't issues to someone exchanging in.

That said, 2 years ago, I managed to trade into 4 2-bdrm units at Marriott's Cypress Harbour for a family reunion. I believe they bulk bank so I waited for the bulk bank to occur and then made the trade. I can't remember exact when I made the trade, but I think it was in the Feb/Mar time frame for a 2nd week of June stay.

You should talk to II about setting up a group search (not sure exactly what II calls it) such that your exchange only happens if all the units are available. That will pick up an exchange for any bulk bank that might occur.

sstug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at Westgate Town Center and the units are very nice. Take Dave*H's advice and avoid the sales meeting. I've also stayed at Westgate Vacation Villas which is attached to Town Center and had nice villas but have also heard some of the older ones are a bit run down. So if you stick with Town Center which is newer you should get a very nice room. I don't think it will hurt to hold out for different resort since it seems like there is usually plenty of Westgate availability.

memereDoris

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also would recommend Westgate Town Center. The rooms are very nice and clean. The concierge service is very good. Parking is not a problem.

GeraldineT

Reaction score
I find that Westgate reminds me of a nice apartment complex as opposed to a resort. The units are nice but as compared to a Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham Bonnet Creek or Sheraton Vistana. IMO!

John Doe

Reaction score
We have just joined the forum as guests.:hi:

We too own a timeshare unit at the Westgate Town Centre Resort. We originally purchased a 2 bedroom lockout unit in 2006 and have since upgraded to a 4 bedroom lockout unit which has been fully paid off fortunately.

When vacating at the Town Centre resort we have always been treated very well and find the standards of the resort to be very good indeed.

Due to the current financial situation ( only working part time now ) and the fact that the maintenance fees are increasing each year, we may have to consider getting rid of the unit later this year.

Thank You

Last edited: