• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need to Sell HGV Timeshare

SForestGirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV
Hello, I'm a new TUG user and need to sell my HGV timeshare. We bought it several years ago, never use it, and it is making my husband so mad that it is literally threatening my marriage. I'm not really sure where to start. Is HGV a desirable time share that people would want to buy or do I need to start thinking in terms of just giving it back? 5,000 points on the Island of Hawaii. Where on this website should I start?

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Is it completely paid off? If so, you can try to Sell via Tuggs or Redweek.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@SForestGirl Welcome to TUG. What specific resort/building, size and season do you own? This will help us give you a valuation.

HGVC is a great system. You don't have to only use this in Hawaii so could perhaps use closer to home because you will lose money if you sell.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
What is preventing you from using it? As you are trying to divest yourself of it, book a trip. Use what you pay for.

You say you have 5000 points? Sounds like a gold 2 bedroom. Where is it? Do you owe anything on it? Theses are all questions that need to be answered before you can determine your best course of action.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
SteelerGal, yes it is paid off. I think we bought back in '08.
What’s the MF? If you pay for a membership on tug you can post it to the marketplace here.

SForestGirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV
@SForestGirl Welcome to TUG. What specific resort/building, size and season do you own? This will help us give you a valuation.

HGVC is a great system. You don't have to only use this in Hawaii so could perhaps use closer to home because you will lose money if you sell.
CalGal Traveler, it is 5,000 points, Kohala Coast Suites at Waikoloa Beach Resort, every odd numbered year, Type 1--2 bedroom gold home resort season

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
That is a popular resort, but many people prefer Platinum Season, as the MF is same but more points. You might find a broker to assist, otherwise you can try Redweek or Tug Marketplace to sell it yourself

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
If you just want to be done, give it away via the Bargain Basement. I have picked up The Bay Club via Bargain Basement.
If you want to sell, you can use Redweek Full Service. That’s how I sold our HGVC.

HGVC Lover

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo and HGVC Paradise
I am curious....what and where can you see timeshares at "The Bargain Basement?" Thanks for any help..

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
I am curious....what and where can you see timeshares at "The Bargain Basement?" Thanks for any help..
Click on Marketplace from the top menu and select plan an ad.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
I might be interested. How much are the MF's?

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Hello, I'm a new TUG user and need to sell my HGV timeshare. We bought it several years ago, never use it, and it is making my husband so mad that it is literally threatening my marriage. I'm not really sure where to start. Is HGV a desirable time share that people would want to buy or do I need to start thinking in terms of just giving it back? 5,000 points on the Island of Hawaii. Where on this website should I start?

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to use your timeshare since you bought it back in 2008. There are so many wonderful places to visit with your 5,000 points. Was there somewhere in the HGVC system that you wanted to travel to when you purchased the points? I have read that Kohala Coast Suites is a popular place. Do you need help from us here on TUG to help plan trips and use the system? It is probably a TUG member's favorite hobby, planning vacations and saving money, so I'm sure we could make the purchase seem less overwhelming. We bought our first timeshare in 2004 and have since accumulated many timeshares because it is a great way to travel. Our most recent purchases have been HGVC, and the system is very easy to use.

If you absolutely cannot use the points and getting rid of the timeshare is the only option you see, then take the advice others have given and find a broker (only find one with no upfront fees), or list it on the various resale sites, or as a last resort, offer it for free.

hockeybrain

TUG Member
Reaction score
Worst comes to worst contact call HGVC telling them you want to sell. Hilton will get back to you with $ to take back your timeshare. Price will be lower than you can get through a recommended broker but you will get the timeshare hassle in your case off your hands as fast as possible.

HGVC Lover

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo and HGVC Paradise
LOL....you can learn something new everyday.....thanks for the quick response!!!