• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need some recommendations - birthday gift for sister

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
My younger sister's birthday is coming up. I plan to order something for her. My thought was some kind of wine accessory as I know she enjoys her glass of wine each evening. She's strictly a white wine drinker, although she told me she has now tried a couple of reds she likes. Oh yes, per my opinion, her taste is wine is very poor, lol.

Anyway I'm looking for suggestions, something under $50. TIA

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could order her some actual bottles of wine from some place like Total Wine for delivery. I would rather have a bottle of wine than a wine accessory. All I need is a corkscrew and a glass!

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Help out a local winery that has had to shut down their tasting room. Send her a selection of different wines for her to try out. Total Wine is probably doing a booming business so try one of the smaller outfits that may be struggling.
Sue

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Get her a Costco gift card and let her choose her own wine. They have (arguably) the best wine selection for the price of any retailer in the country.

Dave

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
My friend makes and sells these, if you are interested. They are around $15 but she would have to add postage.
1587758184905.png

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Some things to consider:
1. A wine aerator (We drink reds, and these do make a red taste richer. Not sure about white wine, though)
2. Bottle opener - I used to struggle until my wife bought me one of those rabbit ears openers. Now I get the cork out easily every time. No more bits of cork in our glass.
3. Just go to Amazon and search "wine accessories." Lots of hits.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I like the order of some nice vino, Maybe an aereator. or some kind of device to re-seal an opened bottle for future tippling. Maybe some fun colored charms to put around wine stems to identify whose glass is whose. A gift card wrapped up pretty with ribbons and bows would be festive, and she could choose her own wine with it.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
You could order her some actual bottles of wine from some place like Total Wine for delivery. I would rather have a bottle of wine than a wine accessory. All I need is a corkscrew and a glass!
Thanks. Two reason why I won't do that. One, I would never try to pick out a wine for her since our tastes are so different. Second, her son is her supplier. He and his wife own a wedding venue and he has a wine supplier he buys from.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Get her a Costco gift card and let her choose her own wine. They have (arguably) the best wine selection for the price of any retailer in the country.

Dave
I'd have to check but I don't think there is a Costco near them. And as I just posted she told me her son is now her supplier.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I like the order of some nice vino, Maybe an aereator. or some kind of device to re-seal an opened bottle for future tippling. Maybe some fun colored charms to put around wine stems to identify whose glass is whose. A gift card wrapped up pretty with ribbons and bows would be festive, and she could choose her own wine with it.
I like the idea of an aerator, but most of those are for reds. I could get an inexpensive one for the times she does drink red. She is the only one in the house that drinks, so she has a pretty easy time figuring out which is her glass.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
My friend makes and sells these, if you are interested. They are around $15 but she would have to add postage.
View attachment 19626
I LOVE this! I was thinking that some kind of personalized wine glass would be fine. Can you private message me your friend's contact info.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I decided to do a wine aerator stopper, and I want to order the wine glass from Jacki's friend.

My sister is a solo drinker, meaning she's the only one in the house who drinks wine. They don't entertain or socialize. So when the white wine is opened, she pours her glass and the bottle goes into the refrigerator.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I like those socks that say, if you can read this bring me a glass of wine