• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Recommendations for Mac Finance Software

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Was going to purchase Quicken but found out the one I need is for Windows only. I'm looking for some finance software to track and report on expenses. I really want to understand our spending at the detail level, discretionary and non-discretionary, as well as high level as DH nears retirement. Searching the Apple App store, I find:

1. Money i, $10, 3 star
2. iFinance, $15, 3.5 star
3. Finance 7, $15, no rating
4. iCash, $50, no rating
5. Koku, $30, 3.5 star

Any experience with any of the above or can you recommend another app that will meet my needs. Other bells and whistles would be nice, but not necessary. I will not be reconciling or downloading banking or investment information. TIA for any recommendations.

Ingrid

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
What about Money Dance. We have MS Money and have considered replacing it with this. It runs $50, but you can get a free trial.

Last edited:

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Dioxide. I spent some time reviewing MD last night and it looks good. I also have been thinking of putting my check registers in Excel. I may change my mind and put all my home-made spreadsheet data into the finance program. More work, but it will allow for all financial data in one place.

In researching finance programs for the Mac, I had forgotten that this is one of the areas a Windows based PC excels...but I'm not going back!

Ingrid

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Evaluate iBank (free trial available).

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just ordered this from Best Buy. It would seem it would work, since it says Mac/Windows??

TurboTax Deluxe Federal + State + Federal E-File 2011-Mac/Windows
SKU: 3756409

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I just ordered this from Best Buy. It would seem it would work, since it says Mac/Windows??

TurboTax Deluxe Federal + State + Federal E-File 2011-Mac/Windows
SKU: 3756409

Yes but that's not a general accounting package.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Try mint.com

Mint gets high ratings for personal finances, browser based for pc or mac, and they have ipad version too.

arosa1016

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been a using of Quicken for years on the mac. When Apple went to Loin then Quicken wasn't an option anymore. I tried Ibank, Mint, you name them. Finally found Moneydance and am thrilled with it. The support is great and the app once you work with it is far more powerful and fun compared to Quicken. So glad I have this and Quicken is now saying they are going to come out with a new version for the mac. Moneydance has a free one month trial and if you like it looked on the internet and you are sure to find a discount on it.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for all the recommendations. I have looked at MoneyDance and iBank and will look at the others once my holiday guest leaves this weekend. I've decided to replace my homemade spreadsheets and put all financial info into one program so want something a bit more robust (and easy to use) than a simple expense tracking program.

Ingrid

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Why aren't you looking at Quicken for the Mac? I know the version is not as robust as the PC version but it has most of the same features and integration. Your other option is to run Quicken for PC in Bootcamp. I am new to the Mac and trying to resolve this same issue.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why aren't you looking at Quicken for the Mac? I know the version is not as robust as the PC version but it has most of the same features and integration. Your other option is to run Quicken for PC in Bootcamp. I am new to the Mac and trying to resolve this same issue.

I'm using Lion and the Quicken package I want doesn't run on Lion. However, having purchased and abandoned Quicken years ago, I'm not a fan.

Ingrid

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I liked the old Quicken for Mac - I hate the new Quicken and regret buying it.