• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need info regarding Timeshare Relief, Inc.

sd624

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering selling my time share. I have contacted Timeshare Relief, Inc. and have talked to a person by the name of Joel. What can anyone tell me about this organization and the possibility of guaranteed exit solutions?

pranas

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had problems with them. My advice - stay away

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please provide details of what this organization/person is telling you...

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
If You Want That Kind Of Relief, It's Apt To Cost You Big Bux.

I am considering selling my time share. I have contacted Timeshare Relief, Inc. and have talked to a person by the name of Joel. What can anyone tell me about this organization and the possibility of guaranteed exit solutions?
Typically you pay $3,500 or so & the company takes the timeshare off your hands -- or so you think. Might happen. Might not. Either way, it still costs you $3,500 or so.

Click here for a hypothetical nightmare scenario describing how this bamboozle fits into the overlapping layers of timeshare hornswoggle that are out there waiting to ensnare the unwary.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

sd624

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had problems with them. My advice - stay away
What kind of problems? Did you receive false information? Were their discrepencies in what they told you? A little more information would be helpful.

sd624

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please provide details of what this organization/person is telling you...
I watched their 33 minute video. He offered to get rid of the timeshare from my portfolio, provide me with a deed release and no future payments for maintainence or membership fees would be required or forthcoming. All I would need to do was to pay several thousand dollars, which is less than the fees I would pay for next year. He was very pleasant and not pushy and he is giving me time to consider his offer. He claims there is a 100% guarantee that the sale would be final or the $$ I paid would be returned to me.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ever tried putting it on dBay for $1 or on www.bidshares.com for $1 or the TUG giveaways for $1?

These postcard companies like the one you are dealing with, will usually prepare a deed. THey just don't always record it, and if it is not recorded it does not take it out of your name. Also they use out of state closing companies that do not use lawyers from the state involved to prepare their deeds. Those that do get recorded from pcc's that I have seen in North Carolina are very often void because they are not prepared correctly, so that the resort could still hit you up for fees if they looked at those deeds closely enough.

J

JoeMid

They are the Best of the Bunch and one of the oldest PCCs out there, heck, they've even upgraded to letters so they are now an EC (Envelope Company). My experience is that they will do what they say they will do.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are the Best of the Bunch and one of the oldest PCCs out there, heck, they've even upgraded to letters so they are now an EC (Envelope Company). My experience is that they will do what they say they will do.

Based on your business model I am assuming you are rating them as a purchaser not a seller

You will be rid of your timeshare

AND

Your bank account will be $ 3,500 lighter

They take money from the old owner to get out of the maintenance fees using the same sales techniques that are used to buy - exaggerated claims of the downsides, high pressure pay now or accept the consequences . . + $ 3,500

They resell the timeshare for whatever the fleaBay market is + $ 1 - ????

Insist on closing using their affiliated closing company +$ 350 - $ 500

Will usually add in the current year's maintenance fee as a condition of sale (which was paid for by the by original transferor) + $ 700 - 900

This where TUG's ad prohibition is frustrating :wall: , if the poster was able to list what he wanted to get rid of perhaps valid advice could be given as to it's real market value

Last edited:

ctyatty

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the PCC where would we get all the great deals?

Some people have no marketing savvy and would rather write a check than sell their TS, that is fine with me.

So long as an informed judgment is made, I don't have a problem with it.
I have a big problem with someone lying to someone telling them that their timeshare is "worthless" or worse a liability when that is not the case.

J

JoeMid

Based on your business model I am assuming you are rating them as a purchaser not a seller
I'm retired and have no business so no business model, I do have hobbies, travel and timeshare.

You will be rid of your timeshare

AND

Your bank account will be $ 3,500 lighter

They take money from the old owner to get out of the maintenance fees using the same sales techniques that are used to buy - exaggerated claims of the downsides, high pressure pay now or accept the consequences . . + $ 3,500

They resell the timeshare for whatever the fleaBay market is + $ 1 - ????

Insist on closing using their affiliated closing company +$ 350 - $ 500

Will usually add in the current year's maintenance fee as a condition of sale (which was paid for by the by original transferor) + $ 700 - 900
at least you got there finances right, I think it's a superb business model

This where TUG's ad prohibition is frustrating :wall: , if the poster was able to list what he wanted to get rid of perhaps valid advice could be given as to it's real market value
if you were so dang interested you could always PM or email the OP.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Originally Posted by e.bram
does anybody have personal(not anecdotal) knowledge of Timeshare Relief or others having taken the money and not taking ownership of the TS?

PCC bankrupt This thread is about a PCC that declared bankruptcy. They just took the money from a bunch of people then declared bankruptcy and all the people who paid them were out of luck.

Last edited: