• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help with room requests at Lawrence Welk Villas on Green. Suggestions Please!

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay fellow TUGgers who have stayed here or own here, I need help!

I just booked the large 1 bedroom for our family for Spring Break '09 and I don't know the property at all. I will be calling in 3 days to make room requests and would really appreciate some help.

We have 2 small children, 5 and 2 years old, so obviously they will be sleeping on the sleeper sofa. I would like our room to be first floor and hopefully have some grassy area off the patio for the kids to play. Do you know what buildings would offer this? We'd also like to be within walking distance of the playground and the pool. I don't know if the weather will be conducive to swimming, but I'm sure we'll go to the playground everyday, so if they are at opposite ends of the area, we'd prefer to be closer to the playground.

If anyone can give me suggestions for building numbers I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Janna

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Janna, I know I made notes when I was there, but I don't know where they are right now. I'll try to look tonight in my Welk folder. I know people have posted maps of Welk here on Tug which might show up on a search. The bottom units for most of the Villas on the Green are downstairs, but that's what you need to get the grassy area off the patio. I'm trying to remember if there is a seperate playground or if the water park and playground are at the new Boulder Creek Clubhouse. I think that's where they are. OK, I found a map, but no notes Buildings 47 and 48 and 49 all show barbeque in between each building and are right next to Boulder Springs Recreation Center and near parking. Other barbeques are up y buildings 56, 55 and 57, but that is farther from the rec center. Nothing is very far away however. Enjoy, it's a very relaxing place, although we have only stayed in the older Villas where we used to own unit 231 for week 27.
Liz

applegirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much Liz for those recommendations. I will try to find a property map on TUG and hopefully when I call in a few days I will get a nice person who will truly help me make the best request for our needs.

Can't wait to see the property!

Janna

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
You have mail

I sent you a PM :)

honeybunney

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Torry Pines building. I think that's what it was called. Just like what Liz said that the lower floor's patio leads out to the huge grass area. I loved the location because it was walking distance to the market and theater. The parking lot was between our building and the pool recreation area. I believe the playground was located on the otherside of the pool area.

applegirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks also to mas and honeybunney! I will definitely find this building on the map after mas sends it to me via email.

Thanks for everyone's help! Looking forward to staying there.

Janna

brego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Janna, I have a question for you. Was this an exchange? If so, how did you ensure that you were getting the larger 1 bedroom unit?

Thank you.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
Hi Janna,
We are also going to be at Villas on the Green over Spring Break. Any chance you could email me the map?

We are booked for a 1 bedroom though the Preview Package but would love to get the bigger size since our boys are 6&9.

Any idea how much shows cost or what their daily actvity schedule looks like?

Thanks!!

applegirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from our trip at the Welk resort staying at the Villas on the Green buildings. We stayed in the Fountains group of buildings in unit #1371 and we loved our unit! The view was beautiful of the mtns and golf course, our unit was ground level so the kids had a grassy area to play on just as I had hoped for. Our BBQ area was also lovely, placed in the middle of this courtyard type area. Our building was also located directly across from the Boulder Springs pool area and playground. I called the resort about 6 weeks out and made very specific room requests and location requests and obviously it worked because I was very pleased with our room assignment.

I will be writing a detailed resort review in the next couple of days here on TUG, so look at that if you are going to be staying in Villas on the Green.

brego, I knew I was staying in the larger one bedroom by looking at the ameninties details when you are looking to possibly exchange on II website. The larger unit has an oven which makes it a full kitchen. I also called the resort to get the square footage of both sides of the unit and knew I needed the larger lock-off side. Both sides came up as possibilities when I was looking to exchange back in October or so. I exchanged my Marriott Shadow Ridge lock-off for the unit we had at the Welk property. A very good trade in my mind.

Thanks to all who responded to my original post! This was a great resort that we will look forward to going back to.

Cheers,
Janna

wwomant

Reaction score
Janna,

I also have the larger 1 bed at Villas on the Green reserved, and am going with my hubby and 2 children, ages 4 and 2. We're leaving in 3 1/2 weeks, and I'm really looking forward to it! We plan to hit the pool just about everyday, although we'll go to the playground a lot too, it's secondary to the pool for us. Do you have any tips or recommendations for me? Did you have to walk down stairs to get to the unit you had? When I called about a room request I was told that if I wanted a patio I'd have to walk downstairs, and if I wanted a balcony I'd have to walk upstairs. I chose patio, but am second guessing that. Sounds like you like the patio though? I didn't make any other requests. Thinking maybe I should call back and do so though.

Any tips you have for me would be much appreciated. :)