• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Help with New II Account

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently joined II as I now own a resort that exchanges with both II & RCI. Can someone explain how the request first works? I am confused, I went to the website and it asks for my week. Since I haven't received the confirmation yet I can't give it the week. Week has been requested and I should have the confirmation any day now. But If I can request first, why do they need my week?

Help Please.

Suzanne

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
A request first is based off the specific week you will be depositing. If a match is made your week is immediately deposited and you are confirmed into the requested week. It doesn't hold your match and then you confirm.

You are allowed to cancel the confirmed exchange within 24 hours of the match and restoring your week to undeposited status but the do nothing default is an automatic deposit of your unit when the match is made.

For that reason you need to pay the exchange fee and have the exact week and reservation set up in the system when making a request first so it can auto deposit and exchange.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your trading power is based on the week you are offering to give up in the exchange. Once you have a week that shows in your account you can start the exchange process. Once you start the exchange II will confirm with your resort that the week you are using is available for exchange.

The process is detailed in II membership terms and conditions which are found on the website but are not that easy to find. On the very bottom of the main page click on legal information then on the left you will see the link to the membership terms which includes info on exchange procedures.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently joined II as I now own a resort that exchanges with both II & RCI. Can someone explain how the request first works? I am confused, I went to the website and it asks for my week. Since I haven't received the confirmation yet I can't give it the week. Week has been requested and I should have the confirmation any day now. But If I can request first, why do they need my week?

Help Please.

Suzanne

Where do you own (the name of the timeshare resort)?

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
With my II account it shows all the possible weeks I could deposit. I used to own two timeshares that I could deposit into Interval. Even though I no longer own either one of them, they both still show as available for exchange.

So unlike RCI, I could actually start an ongoing search with those weeks that I don't own or haven't deposited. However, when there's a match, II will deposit those weeks and verify the deposit with your resort. Of course, my exchange wouldn't go through as the week wouldn't be verified.

Presumably you must have given them information about the week you own when you opened your account? How long ago did you open your account? When you go the Exchange tab on the home page after signing in, there should be an option for "My Units." That should show all available units whether they've been deposited or not.

So the big difference between that and RCI is of course you can only search in RCI with units you've actually deposited.

I hope my explanation isn't too convoluted.

suzanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks BevL for your help. I joined about a month ago and did have to give them the resort info which they verified. I have received the new II Resort Book and Membership kit from II.

I will go back in and check the site again.

Suzanne

With my II account it shows all the possible weeks I could deposit. I used to own two timeshares that I could deposit into Interval. Even though I no longer own either one of them, they both still show as available for exchange.

So unlike RCI, I could actually start an ongoing search with those weeks that I don't own or haven't deposited. However, when there's a match, II will deposit those weeks and verify the deposit with your resort. Of course, my exchange wouldn't go through as the week wouldn't be verified.

Presumably you must have given them information about the week you own when you opened your account? How long ago did you open your account? When you go the Exchange tab on the home page after signing in, there should be an option for "My Units." That should show all available units whether they've been deposited or not.

So the big difference between that and RCI is of course you can only search in RCI with units you've actually deposited.

I hope my explanation isn't too convoluted.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I am not sure if this would actually work. I think II actually confirms the week you have put up for a request first OGS when you place the request. They don't want until you have confirmed your week.

I believe this because when Marriott owners place a request first OGS, they often get notice from Marriott that their reservation has been cancelled. It really isn't cancelled, but it is just an internal process that Marriott is doing for weeks where the owner is going through II. It does show however that II is going to the property, at least Marriott, when you place a request first search. Not when you actually confirm a match.