• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Help Rescinding HGVC

Ypk0921

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgv CRANE BARBADOS
can someone please give me fax number , phone number to call and address to send the letter please

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
can someone please give me fax number , phone number to call and address to send the letter please
Congrats for finding TUG in time to rescind. The instructions on rescinding should be in your contract. How much was your contract for?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
It depends on which property you closed at. The instructions are in your contract. Some have a sheet that you just sign and send back, others you need to write out a paragraph. The address will be in the contract and the deadline to rescind. In the paragraph, you just need the contract number, where you bought, when, your names, and each owner sign and then send certified USPS.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
As others have said, look at your documents, in there are instructions to rescind. Don't call anyone, just send the mail as directed, and I would use certified / registered mail, something to ensure you have proof it was sent, and was delivered.

Last edited:

Ypk0921

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgv CRANE BARBADOS
I visited Elara in Las Vegas for a Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV) presentation. I currently own an HGV with a maximum of 6000 points every alternate year at The CRANE HGV, purchased for $18,000 in 2021. During the presentation, the sales representative suggested upgrading to 9280 points yearly with an additional 8000 bonus points for $10,000. I agreed and signed on an iPad for a loan and a $2000 down payment. The representative went back to the office, and due to paperwork delays, I requested the contract to be mailed to me.

The next morning, I visited the office again to express my decision not to proceed with the deal. However, the sales representative informed me that the papers had already been mailed, and I could decide after reviewing them. According to a text from the sales representative, my down payment has been deducted from my credit card, and the loan process has started, even though I have not signed the contract.

please guide me what to do

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I visited Elara in Las Vegas for a Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV) presentation. I currently own an HGV with a maximum of 6000 points every alternate year at The CRANE HGV, purchased for $18,000 in 2021. During the presentation, the sales representative suggested upgrading to 9280 points yearly with an additional 8000 bonus points for $10,000. I agreed and signed on an iPad for a loan and a $2000 down payment. The representative went back to the office, and due to paperwork delays, I requested the contract to be mailed to me.

The next morning, I visited the office again to express my decision not to proceed with the deal. However, the sales representative informed me that the papers had already been mailed, and I could decide after reviewing them. According to a text from the sales representative, my down payment has been deducted from my credit card, and the loan process has started, even though I have not signed the contract.

please guide me what to do
When did you sign it?

Ypk0921

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgv CRANE BARBADOS
the agent said my 5 days will start once I receive the documents through the mail but I dont believe him

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would be concerned. If anyone here has the Vegas address to rescind, you could send a certified letter now with as much info as you know, like Names, property that you bought, date you signed, and requesting to rescind. All owners need to sign.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If anyone has a recent Vegas contract, please look in it and provide the address to rescind.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
This seems not the normal process in that the contract has not been signed, but a down payment has been collected and a loan started. Something seems odd in the way HGVC did this one. AFAIK, the rescission period does start from the signing of the contract, but that's usually done at the purchase.

I'd definitely get things moving as fast as possible despite what seems to me to be odd.

Or maybe I'm misremembering the process and this is normal.

Cheers.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A search shows Hilton Grand Vacations at 6355 Metrowest Blvd. Orlando, FL 32835.

I would send a Certified letter there. Mark 'Rescission' on the front of the envelope. It wouldn't hurt to send the same letter to the Las Vegas address too.

The salesweasel was lying about your allowable time. In Nevada it's 3 days, and Sunday was day 1. Get thee to the post office pronto!

I caught this Las Vegas address: Diamond Resorts IW Resort Ownership U.S. Corporation, and Resort Ventures, L.P. located at 10600 West Charleston Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada 89135

Reactions: brp

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A search shows Hilton Grand Vacations at 6355 Metrowest Blvd. Orlando, FL 32835.

I would send a Certified letter there. Mark 'Rescission' on the front of the envelope. It wouldn't hurt to send the same letter to the Las Vegas address too.

The salesweasel was lying about your allowable time. In Nevada it's 3 days, and Sunday was day 1. Get thee to the post office pronto!
Do Vegas properties use the corporate office in Orlando to rescind? Our Hawaii one was to the Hawaii office.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would post to the HGVC owners FB group also. Out of the 20k+ members in that group, someone has to have bought in Vegas recently and can look in their contract for the address.

I would send to the Orlando address posted above if you don't get something different .. Today!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would send letters to both (or any possible) addresses to establish that the OP's intention is clearly to cancel this purchase.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the long run, you have a very good fallback position if they say that you did not follow the instructions outlined in the contract as they have not given you the contract.

Definitely do it today to the Orlando and property addresses, as suggested above. In the end, salesweasels aside, HGV are an upstanding company and I would not expect them to weasel on this in the back office.

Cheers.

Ypk0921

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgv CRANE BARBADOS
What information I need in the letter ?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is thread with examples

Cheers.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Contract number, date signed, names & signatures of everyone that signed the contract. Including a COPY of the signature page of the contract, and a clear statement that you wish to cancel send it USPS Certified w/return receipt so you know it's delivered. Then be patient. It can take up to 45 days to get your refund, and they are not required to tell you.

Jim

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Contract number, date signed, names & signatures of everyone that signed the contract. Including a COPY of the signature page of the contract, and a clear statement that you wish to cancel send it USPS Certified w/return receipt so you know it's delivered. Then be patient. It can take up to 45 days to get your refund, and they are not required to tell you.

Jim
Seems that OP does not have the contact, though, and it has not yet been signed. So s/he can't include that.

Cheers.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I thought Nevada was 5 days for timeshare rescissions.

Ypk0921

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgv CRANE BARBADOS
1700609544302.png

This is what representative just told me that only deposit of $2000 was charged to the card and loan and contract is pending for my signature when I will receive the contract in mail

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reactions: brp

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Nobody ever got penalized for rescinding too soon.
True, but didn't necessarily want to cause panic if the OP didn't get to a post office before closing. Though I see they are on the west coast, so that may not be an issue.