• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Help, I have 3 days left to resend.

siftertn101

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndahm, Vidanta
My wife and I got cornered by Vida Vacations (Vidanta) while on a cruise, when we were in port in Cozumel. I'm sure you all can guess what happened. We singed a contract and have 3 business days left to resend. I have contacted my credit card company. Our big problem is that there is no address of anyone to contact in the contract. It says to go to a websight that we will not have access to for at least another week. I called Vidanta and told them I wanted to resend and the lady I spoke to said she would open up a file stating this and someone would contact me within the next 5 days. I said I would like an address to send a certified letter too. She refused to give me an address or anyone else to speak to, but not to worry since she had opened a file and that it was within the 5 business days. I have already made one big mistake, not going to fall for this and make another. Does anyone no where I need to send a letter? The contract mentions ICE,OVC,PRTC,VRM and GLC. seems most of these are the same entity under different names.No mention of Vidanta, but was sent there after calling PRTC for access to websight. PRTC said to call them because they sold it to us...any help will be greatly appriciated...thanks...Chris

SunFunTravel

Reaction score
If you want to rescind your contract please see the article in the link below. It will explain your rights and how to rescind within the 5 day grace period. Understand the developer is not going to assist you in this process as they want the contract to be enforced. Just curious what you bought, how much they got you for. I ask because Vidanta is a great company to own with so long as you didn't over-pay.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-protect-yourself-when-buying-mexico-timeshare.html

http://www.mescam.com/5dayRecind.htm

Last edited:

siftertn101

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndahm, Vidanta
Thanks for your reply. I will take a look at the links you provided.
We ended up with 1 free wk, 10 reserve weeks,and 25 preferred weeks. We also received four cruise certificates.We were told that we would only have to pay taxes and gratuities, but upon looking further it shows they charge $799 for a USD activation fee, what ever that is. So, not nearly as good as we thought. We paid $10,080 for this.
Originally in the negotiations. They were going to pay off our Wyndham Access contract, but at the very end that was thrown out and we would pay the amount we paid with nothing more owed.
Don't think I need or want 2 vacation time plans, timeshare, scam or whatever word you choose. Thought this one may be the better deal in the long run, but we are still in the resend period for this and I believe Wyndham will be us for a long while yet.
Thanks...Chris

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Will you be in a port with reliable mail service before time runs out? I wouldn't trust the person who said they would open a file any further than I can throw a Mayan Pyramid!

Immediate Cancellation Procedure
You need to send your cancellation by a means that you can easily prove that you complied with Article 56. Since you have reached this page via the internet, we recommend that you send your cancellation notice by email. At the bottom of this page are a sample cancellation notices which you can copy and edit to apply to your specific case. You should email this notice to all email addresses that are listed anywhere on your contract. You should also copy yourself, and PROFECO (the Mexican Federal Consumer Protection Agency at: extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx/ Even if you cancel in person with dozens of witnesses, the only way you are going to make the cancellation stick is a provable record of the cancellation and the best is by email with copies to yourself and to PROFECO. If you really want to be sure; and you really want to piss the resort off, check out my email listing and include every single Mexican and US government official on your email.

Sample Cancellation Email for Vacation Package Cancellation

Date

Vacation Package Company Name
Vacation Package Company Address

I am writing you today to cancel my “XXXXXXX" (Silver / Gold / Platinum) package that was purchased on X/XX/XXX and to get a FULL REFUND for the $XXXX.00 which you have already charged to my credit card. I am providing you with notice that I am canceling this contract within five working days from (the delivery of, or the signing of) the contract IAW Article 56 of ARTICLE 56 OF LEY Federal de Protección al Consumidor. (Article 56 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law states: “The contract will be perfected within five working days from the delivery of, or the signature of the contract, which ever occurs the latest. During this period, the consumer will have the right to revoke his consent without any responsibility. The revocation will have to be by means of warning or delivery of notice, in person, by registered mail, or another method of average reliability. The revocation according to this article, will terminate the contract. In this case, the costs of shipping and insurance will be the responsibility of the consumer. If the contract is for services, this article will not be applicable if the date of receipt of the service is less than ten working days from the date of the order of purchase.”)

I am aware that my right to cancellation and a full refund is non waivable (the buyer cannot give it up) and even if the buyer is convinced to sign a document to give it up (waive the right) that waiver is not valid and the buyer still has the 5 day right. Any argument you have claiming that my enrollment fee is non-refundable is invalid according to Mexican law and this has been verified with PROFECO.

I have been in contact with other Americans and know what my rights are under Mexican law. If you plan on sending me an email stating “As indicated in our agreement - you may cancel your membership at any time but the enrollment fee is non-refundable. I am afraid I cannot comply with your request”; do not waste your time or mine. You must comply with this request by law or face fines. You can also forget about sending me an email saying that filing a complaint with PROFECO will tie up my refund for months. I know this is not true.

Any attempt by you to refuse this request will be forwarded to PROFECO with my demand that PROFECO fine you to the utmost extent of the law. You should also know that any email you send refusing me my rights, may be posted on the Internet for all the world to read and see how you do business.

Comply with the law, cancel my contract, and send me my refund now! You should also note that I am copying several Mexican and US government agencies on this email as proof that I notified you within the legal time period.

Thank you very much for your time,

siftertn101

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndahm, Vidanta
SunFun Travel, I just checked your links. Thanks again. I will send emails along with certified letters if I can come up with a physical address. Based upon what I signed, I'm guessing I purchased a vacation plan apposed to an actual time share. Would you agree? Out of my own curiosity did I pay too much or did I get taken for a real big ride?
Thanks....Chris

siftertn101

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndahm, Vidanta
Passepartout, Thank You.
We are back home in the States now. I will be sending emails Now. Hopefully I can come up with a physical address as well.

Thanks again....Chris

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Passepartout, Thank You.
We are back home in the States now. I will be sending emails Now. Hopefully I can come up with a physical address as well.

Thanks again....Chris
I don't think email is a recognized method of transmitting a rescission letter because it confers no proof of sending- like a postmark. I am not a Vida member, but there are lots of them here and someone will have an address for the business office. It's good that you are back in the U.S. You'll be able to send thee letter by USPS Certified (the safest, surest way).

Cool your jets for now.

Jim

siftertn101

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndahm, Vidanta
I agree. Would much prefer to have a physical address. Hopefully someone will be able to come up with one, but in the meantime, I will send the email to EVERYONE I can find that is even mentioned in the contract.

Chris

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I agree. Would much prefer to have a physical address. Hopefully someone will be able to come up with one, but in the meantime, I will send the email to EVERYONE I can find that is even mentioned in the contract.

Chris
Good luck. Emails can be easily deleted. I agree, it needs to be in writing.

SunFunTravel

Reaction score
Yes, sounds like you got a vacation membership. My first contract with Vidanta was in the Grand Luxxe level and it wasn't much more than what you paid. I would definitely cancel!!!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
My wife and I got cornered by Vida Vacations (Vidanta) while on a cruise ...... contract mentions ICE,OVC,PRTC,VRM and GLC. seems most of these are the same entity under different names.No mention of Vidanta, but was sent there after calling PRTC for access to websight. PRTC said to call them because they sold it to us...any help will be greatly appriciated...thanks...Chris

I would send it to Vidanta - Member Services in Nuevo Vallarta
and also send a copy to ICE / PRTC
I’m believe you can google addresses for both .

Also - Read the TUG thread on Private Reserve Travel Club

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I came across this Contact Vidanta page. I saw a Mail Forwarding address. Might help.

Grupo Vidanta Contact Information:
Transportation From The Airport To The Resort:
https://shuttleservices.vidanta.com
  • Provide:
    • Reservation number
    • The name underwhich the reservation is made
    • Airline and flight number
    • Arrival date
    • Arrival time
    • Number of people in your party
    • Number of pieces of luggage
Telephone Contact:
Toll Free & Fax - USA: 1-800-292-9446
Toll Free & Fax - Canada: 1-800-292-9446
Toll Free & Fax - Mexico: 01-800-543-7044
Toll Free & Fax - U.K.: 0-800-096-9367
Toll Free & Fax - From All Other Countries: +52-322-176-1431
Monday - Friday - 7 AM to 8 PM CST; Saturday and Sunday - 9 AM to 6 PM CST

Contact PREMIUM INTERNATIONAL VACATIONS, S.A de C.V.
Avenida Lázaro Cárdenas 4070, Fracc. Camino Real, Zapopan, Jalisco C.P.
45040 Mexico (Please use this address for all other correspondence)

Mail Forwarding and Payment Processing
Mail Services
P.O. Box 56369
Houston, TX 77256

Grupo Vedanta Capital Group
Desarrollo Marina Vallarta, S.A. de C.V
Desarrollo Inmobiliario Marina Vallarta, S.A. de C.V. Desarrolladora Turística Hotelera S.A. de C.V. Comercializadora y Servicios de Turismo S.A. de C.V.
MW Hoteles S.A. de C.V.
Operadora Aeroportuaria Golfo de Cortez S.A. de C.V.

PO Box 911841
Dallas, TX 75391-1841

Physical Address:
Grupo Vidanta
paseo de las moras s/n
Nayarit=2C Nay 63735
Mexico

Lazaro Cardenas No 3422
Chapalita
04050 Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico
Telephone: 52-3336782911
Fax: 52-3336782989

siftertn101

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndahm, Vidanta
Thank You..will try the physical address. So far I'm only coming up with hotel and corporate address. Not real good with the Mexico address is it:
Grupo Vidanta
paseo de las moras s/n
Nayarit=2C Nay 63735
Mexico

Lazaro Cardenas No 3422
Chapalita
or does it stop before Lazaro?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thank You..will try the physical address.
Grupo Vidanta
paseo de las moras s/n
Nayarit=2C Nay 63735
Mexico

This address has been listed on TUG before .
I would add :
Attn: Vidanta Member Services / Nuevo Vallarta

sunshine3330

Reaction score
I believe these are the two mailing addresses you will definitely need.

GRUPO VIDANTA
Corporate Mailing Address:
Paseo de las Moras S/N Fraccionamiento Náutico Turístico C.P.
63735 Nuevo Vallarta Nayarit, México

International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE)
d.b.a. Private Reserve Travel Collection (PRTC)

7720 N Dobson Rd,
Scottsdale, AZ 85256

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I got cornered by Vida Vacations (Vidanta) while on a cruise, when we were in port in Cozumel. I'm sure you all can guess what happened. We singed a contract and have 3 business days left to resend. I have contacted my credit card company. Our big problem is that there is no address of anyone to contact in the contract. It says to go to a websight that we will not have access to for at least another week. I called Vidanta and told them I wanted to resend and the lady I spoke to said she would open up a file stating this and someone would contact me within the next 5 days. I said I would like an address to send a certified letter too. She refused to give me an address or anyone else to speak to, but not to worry since she had opened a file and that it was within the 5 business days. I have already made one big mistake, not going to fall for this and make another. Does anyone no where I need to send a letter? The contract mentions ICE,OVC,PRTC,VRM and GLC. seems most of these are the same entity under different names.No mention of Vidanta, but was sent there after calling PRTC for access to websight. PRTC said to call them because they sold it to us...any help will be greatly appriciated...thanks...Chris

Personally, if it were me, I would CANCEL my credit card immediately....

lilliand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I came across this Contact Vidanta page. I saw a Mail Forwarding address. Might help.

Grupo Vidanta Contact Information:
Transportation From The Airport To The Resort:
https://shuttleservices.vidanta.com
  • Provide:
    • Reservation number
    • The name underwhich the reservation is made
    • Airline and flight number
    • Arrival date
    • Arrival time
    • Number of people in your party
    • Number of pieces of luggage
Telephone Contact:
Toll Free & Fax - USA: 1-800-292-9446
Toll Free & Fax - Canada: 1-800-292-9446
Toll Free & Fax - Mexico: 01-800-543-7044
Toll Free & Fax - U.K.: 0-800-096-9367
Toll Free & Fax - From All Other Countries: +52-322-176-1431
Monday - Friday - 7 AM to 8 PM CST; Saturday and Sunday - 9 AM to 6 PM CST

Contact PREMIUM INTERNATIONAL VACATIONS, S.A de C.V.

Avenida Lázaro Cárdenas 4070, Fracc. Camino Real, Zapopan, Jalisco C.P.
45040 Mexico (Please use this address for all other correspondence)

Mail Forwarding and Payment Processing
Mail Services
P.O. Box 56369
Houston, TX 77256

Grupo Vedanta Capital Group
Desarrollo Inmobiliario Marina Vallarta, S.A. de C.V. Desarrolladora Turística Hotelera S.A. de C.V. Comercializadora y Servicios de Turismo S.A. de C.V.
MW Hoteles S.A. de C.V.
Operadora Aeroportuaria Golfo de Cortez S.A. de C.V.

PO Box 911841
Dallas, TX 75391-1841

Physical Address:
Grupo Vidanta
paseo de las moras s/n
Nayarit=2C Nay 63735
Mexico

Lazaro Cardenas No 3422
Chapalita
Telephone: 52-3336782911
Fax: 52-3336782989

Purchased a package at Vidanta Riviera Maya today. It is for 5 years and has a clause about keeping our deposit if we cancel. We paid the entire amount up front ($4,000). I asked about rescission and was told I would lose the entire amount. Purchased mainly for the cruises but it looks like there are more fees for the cruises then they mentioned. They mentioned we would only pay port fees but there are also activation fees. Not sure it is worth it. How can we cancel? We are still here until Tuesday. I can send emails but since we are still here until November 17 not sure how I can print and mail anything.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. This is a problem. Unless you can get hold of PROFECO- the Mexican government consumer protection office and get them to go to bat for you, you're only recourse is to confront the sales office and hand write a rescission letter and get a manager to sign a receipt for it. Keep a copy. It is illegal to keep any funds after a timely rescission. This right CANNOT be denied. Problem is their office that would process a rescission is NOT at the resort.

Now, I don't know what you bought, but in the overall scheme of things, $4K lost and a 5 year commitment from Vidanta is probably a pretty light touch, and might not fall under the umbrella of a 'timeshare' contract- like a 'sampler' package. PROFECO may be able to help, but if you paid upfront, that's the extent of the damage.

You also might get some actual help from Vidanta's 'Customer Care' (or whatever they call it) to end or modify the contract.

Good Luck!

Jim

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
If you are still there, go to the VLO that you signed all the papers with. Find Customer Services.

This program is the one they offer once you have said no several times. They call it the exit program (aka Trial).

Last resort tell your CC company that you tried to cancel and want to dispute the charge. Then cancel that card or ask for a neuw number with the stipulation that they cannot charge this amount on the new onw.