• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help finding a thread about what to do/where to eat during Ocean Pointe stay

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Diane: That's great! Wish I were there!:cool:

How was your Ritz pedi today? Do you have the prettiest toes around the pool? (you & your friend)
You have given me an idea for my next trip to OP (March).

Where did you go for dins tonight?

Smooth Air :cool:

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dioxide, thank you for the links to the threads; that is what I was looking for, unsuccessfully.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Diane: That's great! Wish I were there!:cool:

How was your Ritz pedi today? Do you have the prettiest toes around the pool? (you & your friend)
You have given me an idea for my next trip to OP (March).

Where did you go for dins tonight?

Smooth Air :cool:

We ate in tonight; the guys wanted to watch the football national championship college game.

The experience at the Ritz was so much more than a pedicure. I was there for four hours! The valet did not charge me for parking; I tipped him $5 and the pedicure was about $78 which included a 20% service charge/tip. Excellent pedicure but the best part was the facility itself is very relaxing. You can order lunch to be served in a private garden. I took photos I'll post later. "Garden" is an understatement. I napped for an hour in the garden on a chaise, swung on a swing over water then just learned to listen to my breathing. Really chilled.

As it turned out, my friend backed out so I was alone. Which was fine; I probably relaxed more. I had lunch on the terrace above the pool then walked around the property. Exquisite! If you've not driven around Palm Beach, that is also worth the drive. You can smell the money when you enter the city limits!!

Quite the day! I had a convertible so drove around like a hot chick (in my own mind) with the top down!

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds great, diane!

How long is the drive from OP to the Ritz in Palm Beach?
Can you pls give me directions?

Have fun tomorrow! Are you going to the beach?

Smooth Air:cool:

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Smooth, allow an hour for traffic; I got back on Hwy 1 heading south, then take a left onto Palm Beach Lakes Blvd which crosses the intercoastal waterway. Turn right onto A1A and drive for about 10 miles. You wind around a rotary keep heading to the water and keep the water on your left and you'll get there. You'll pass through Palm Beach, then magnificent homes walled with high green hedges, then after that rotary you'll have the ocean on your left and mansions on your right. Eventuallly you'll pass a golf course on both sides of the road, some condos, cross Lake Worth Road and a mile or two on your left is the Ritz. Be careful as the speed limit changes from 25 mph to 35 mph to 25 mph and I saw 3 cops yesterday. It's a lovely drive.

Last edited:

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, Diane:
Thanks for the directions!

How's the weather today?

Have you had a chance to check out Sailfish Marina Restaurant & dock? Is the Sailfish water taxi running this week? It goes to Clematis Street on Thursday night. Taking the water taxi to Clematis St & having dinner there is one of our favorite things to do while @ OP. It's a lively place to be on Thursday night with music & outdoor markets & great restaurants.

Avoid Sailfish Marina Restaurant for dinner on Thursday nights b/c they also have an outdoor market that night & the place is packed.....unless you don't mind having dinner at 10:00PM! ((H)) They do not take reservations & dinner line ups are long on Thursday nights. But, you cld wander over to the market & have drinks there. It's about a 7 minute walk from OP...from the Sailfish building in the north. You are in Kingfish so add on 3 more minutes!

They used to have a shuttle running b/t OP and Sailfish Marina but last time we were there (April, 2011) it was not operating. Check with the Concierge, if interested.

Have fun!

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Hi, Diane:
Have you had a chance to check out Sailfish Marina Restaurant & dock? Is the Sailfish water taxi running this week? It goes to Clematis Street on Thursday night. Taking the water taxi to Clematis St & having dinner there is one of our favorite things to do while @ OP. It's a lively place to be on Thursday night with music & outdoor markets & great restaurants.

Have fun!

I don't think the water taxi is operating any longer due to docking issues in West Palm. That's what they told me last july. Too bad, it was a great trip and a lot better than drivingto west palm.
BTW, I'm not a big fan of dinner in sailfish resturant, Setting is great but I found the food to be so-so. Breakfast on the other hand is great there.
Just my humble opinion.;)

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, John:
The thing about Sailfish Marina dinners is that the quality of the food and the service varies from night to night: One night it's great, the next it's awful. I do not know why that is. But, we keep going back b/c we love to be able to stroll over there and back. On a "good night", if you get a table by the window overlooking the intracoastal & the marina it's wonderful!

I find that I sometimes have to give the server very detailed instructions on how I want my fish cooked! :cool:

Smooth Air

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, John:
The thing about Sailfish Marina dinners is that the quality of the food and the service varies from night to night: One night it's great, the next it's awful. I do not know why that is. But, we keep going back b/c we love to be able to stroll over there and back. On a "good night", if you get a table by the window overlooking the intracoastal & the marina it's wonderful!

I find that I sometimes have to give the server very detailed instructions on how I want my fish cooked! :cool:

Smooth Air

I know one thing; it isn't cheap there at all. A lot of the Sailfish Marina restaurant business has now gone over to Johnny Longboats since they rebuilt
and reopened in the updated Mall.

I actually think Johnny Longboats is better now (and cleaner now) than it was before it was rebuilt.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Hi, John:

Smooth Air

sounds like it's worth another try.:)

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Time,
We went to Johnny Longboats one night last April(2011) & it was terrible. We had heard about their "Grouper in a Bag". Awful...very greasy & unappetizing.
The place was packed & very noisy. We had to wait about 30 minutes for a table. Ended up way at the back by the washroom.
We went there after going over to Sailfish Marina & finding the place packed. It was a Thursday night & even after all these years, we just forget about the Sailfish Marina crowds on Thursday nights. We were on vacation & not really paying much attention to the day of the week! :cool:

So, unless Johnny Longboats has change since April, 2011, I would not go back
Ditto for Max & Eddie's which used to be good but not anymore.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Smooth, Well we had a "storm" today; windy and gray. That was it. I'll take these type of storms back home with me anytime. Day consisted of sleeping late, laying low; played cards; took a walk; went to the movies and saw "War Horse" = great story but tough, very tough to watch, shopped Whole Foods which isn't near me at home and so much fun for me. Learning that its okay to do nothing on vacation. My typical barometer says this is not acceptable, but trying to learn to chill.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, Diane:

Good for you!
It is rainy & grey & miserable here today (near Toronto). But, unseasonably mild.

How's your weather today @ OP?

Oh! I have been meaning to ask you: How is the beach? Some years it is great, others not so b/c of erosion.

Smooth:cool:

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today was sunny and warm, in the afternoon it got chilly with the wind but then subsided and was warm. Went to the Clematis street fest.

Honestly, I love the beach, but not this one. It's too much of an incline and they have trucked in sand which is difficult to walk on unlike Hilton Head. It is not a beach-friendly environment for me. And that is painful as I was hoping for great beach days. Others may love it but the surf is rough and not good for swimming. I read somewhere that this is the closest point that the Gulf Stream gets to the eastern US border so maybe that has a bearing. It does provide great fishing and snorkeling I read, but the chop is too great for me to get into the water. Bummer.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, Diane:
Darn! That's too bad about the beach. The way you have described it makes it very difficult to enjoy. Like you, I need a more "walkable" beach. When it has eroded & is inclining the way you have described, it makes it very difficult to get in & out of the water. Once when it was like that, I ended up w/ a very painful foot injury. One day last April, I was wading into the water, a huge wave crashed to shore, I lost my footing & fell over. Problem was that my right foot stayed planted in the underwater sand. Not unlike what wld happen if you were snow skiing & your bindings failed to open. I felt a 'crack' in my foot. Ouch! It still hurts & you can see that one of the bones in my instep is misaligned.
So...be careful!

When do you go home?

We had 3 or 4 inches of snow last night (near Toronto). First significant snowfall this winter. Now it really looks like winter out there!

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
we check out Sunday and spend two nights in miami beach before flying to Pittsburgh on Tuesday.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the beach gets better as you walk North. The beach at Oceana Palms is much wider than at Ocean Pointe. The waves seem to be larger and more choppy this year than in our previous visits. Of our four visits to Ocean Pointe, the beach was very 'usable' on three of them.