• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

need help dvc owners

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am just curious what is the absolute cheapest maintenance fee dvc ownership that will allow my family and I to become annual gold members.

Also does a pass have to be purchased for each family member I am interested in purchasing a gold pass. I am not a floridia resident so I cannot go that route.

Thanks to all who reply

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for the cheapest maintenance fees or cheapest total cost? I own at BLT, which has the cheapest fees, but it certainly isn't the cheapest for buy-in. Generally SSR would be the best deal for buy in and MF.

You can buy as little as a 25 point contract resale. The little contracts tend to command a premium, so you'd be paying more per point. Little contracts also sell FAST, so you'd want to put in an offer right away if you saw one you liked.

A warning that it generally takes 3-4 months for a DVC contract to close and for you to get your membership number/card. You need that to buy the gold AP.

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes by cheap I am wanting something with the lowest annual maintenance fees to where I could buy the gold pass

Also I am assuming the gold pass I would have to buy one for each family member over the age of 3.

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
on some DVC resale sites im seeing 0 for maintenance fees which I am sure this is wrong.

Of the 25 annual point ownerships which has the cheapest maintenance fees.??

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Bay Lake Tower would have the lowest annual maintenance fee per point of the disney world resorts.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
OKW VB(s) VB HH BWV VWL BCV SSR AKV BLT VGC AHV(s) AHV VGF PVB

5.84 6.28 8.06 6.52 6.07 6.03 5.97 5.17 6.30 5.05 5.15 4.89 6.51 5.52 6.02

These are the 2015 dues. They have all gone up some for 2016.

(s) stands for subsidized dues (limited contracts have these).

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
cool hopefully AHV ownership has a 25 point ownership

I just want the discounted pass

Also curious how the gold pass works would I be able to also buy an annual pass for my sister even though she lives in a different household as well as her kids.

Also my girlfriend and I live together but are not married and her kids kids live with me. My girlfriend and I have a child together so I know she would be covered.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras

Also curious how the gold pass works would I be able to also buy an annual pass for my sister even though she lives in a different household as well as her kids.

Also my girlfriend and I live together but are not married and her kids kids live with me. My girlfriend and I have a child together so I know she would be covered.

I believe you can only buy passes for members of your household. When we bought AP's everybody had to show their ID with their address on it except for the kids and the address had to match what came up in their computers when buying the tickets.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)

The dues notation "(s)" indicates "subsidized dues." There are a limited number of these memberships available and they don't often appear in the resale channels.

Regarding households/families eligible for DVC Member AP Discounts, see below copied/pasted from the DVC Member website on Purchasing Passes:
DVC Member Website on Member Benefits said:
Purchase a Pass

There are 3 ways to purchase annual passes: online, by phone or in person at Walt Disney World Resort. Explore your options:

Online: Visit the Walt Disney World Ticket Store
By Phone: Call Member Services at (800) 800-9800† or (407) 566-3800†
In Person: Purchase at any Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Booth or Guest Relations location at all 4 Walt Disney World Theme Parks or at Disney Springs
If you purchase passes online or by phone, you can pick them up at any Guest Relations location at all 4 Walt Disney World Theme Parks or at Disney Springs.

NOTE: Annual passes are valid for 365 days from the date of redemption. Renewals will be valid for 365 days from the original Pass Anniversary Date. Renewals can be purchased 60 days prior to the expiration date. Limit 8 purchases per household, per 12-month period.

Important Documents to Bring With You
When purchasing your passes in person or picking up passes ordered via phone or email, you’ll need to provide a few documents.

If You Purchased Online:

Your Disney Vacation Club Membership Card
Valid driver’s license or state identification cards showing that all adult family members reside in the same household
An exchange certificate, which you’ll receive in the mail
If You Purchased by Phone Through Member Services:

Your will-call number or name the order was processed under
Valid driver’s license or state identification cards showing that all adult family members reside in the same household
If You Purchased at a Theme Park or Disney Springs:

Valid driver’s license or state identification cards showing that all adult family members reside in the same household.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Obviously I am not a Disney person to be asking this but do you really think you would be at Disney enough to justify the $600-$700 annual per person discounted pass fee?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)

I would not recommend buying into DVC for the primary purpose of getting a discount on annual passes. The discount is not guaranteed to be there every year. It is negotiated yearly between dvc and disney parks. The discount could dissappear next year as that is at the whim of disney. You can google past offerings of discounts for annual passes that were not availa le the following year.

Buying dvc is a right to stay at a dvc resort for your points provide you keep up to date on your annual maintenance fees every year. Any other perks of membership are not guaranteed.
With all the different questions you are asking via multiple posts you have not researched this through and are rushing. Please stay awhile and read the faqs or visit mouseowners.com as they have a great community that is dedicated to all things dvc.

And good luck finding a 25 point Aulani subsidized dues contract as they donot show up. Actually I have never seen a subsidized 25pt contract in 4 years for resale.

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
So on the Gold pass it clearly states for Florida residents and DVC members so you are saying on some years they pull the Gold pass to where DVC owners cannot get it??

So much for the discounted renewal fee.

:wall:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The pass was only introduced a couple months ago. Disney could decide to not give dvc members the option or discontinue the discounted pass. There is no guarantee that owning dvc you will get discounted passes. At disneyland resort the annual pass discount has only been $20 the past 5 years that i remember. What if disney says dvc members only get a $20 discount off disneyworld annual passes? Would you still be happy? Because it could happen. Discounts are perks that are not guaranteed with your membership.

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
25 point contracts are great starters but they will cost almost as much as full price with closing costs.

If you are looking to buy to get into DVC, I would suggest buy where you would like to stay.

Also, 25 points really does not get you maybe one night or two in a studio depending on the season.

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
25 point contracts are great starters but they will cost almost as much as full price with closing costs.

If you are looking to buy to get into DVC, I would suggest buy where you would like to stay.

Also, 25 points really does not get you maybe one night or two in a studio depending on the season.

Just wanting for gold pass and how much would full price be on a 25 pointer

Also I talked with a Disney Vacation Club guide and saved the chat they stated 6 people can be on a deed and as long as someone shares the same drivers license address as someone on the deed then they can be annual gold pass members I read on other sites they have to be family but he stated as long as drivers license matches. My girlfriend and I do share the same residence but aren't married.

As far as being worried that DVC not getting discounted AP he said the gold pass is only offered to florida residents and DVC members and as long as you renew there is no worry, but he did mentioned he didn't ever recall this in his 10 years of being there or something to that extent.

And yes if you can add six different people to the deed then that would be 8 people per household.

I am aware of the risk involved with someone potentially being in bankruptcy I am not such worried deed sharing on a 25 point ownership when the sole purpose is to help family members get cheap dvc if they are going to do a bankruptcy these things are planned so we could deed modify to remove them.

I think this is a legit work around to getting cheap Gold AP passes

I am hoping my post helps other people when they search google or this site so I don't mind posting multiple post.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
So on the Gold pass it clearly states for Florida residents and DVC members so you are saying on some years they pull the Gold pass to where DVC owners cannot get it??
YES! And you REALLY need to understand what any timeshare ownership gives you and what it does not.

DVC ownership guarantees you only two things:
  1. The ability to book rooms at your home resort -- subject to availability, of course.
  2. The ability to book your home resort with at least a one-month advantage over other members.
EVERYTHING ELSE (including the ability to get ANY discount on tickets or annual passes) is a "perk" which can be modified or canceled at any moment by one swipe of the Mouse's pen.

DVC has literally canceled "perks" in the middle of the night, leaving owners who parked their cars before Midnight with "free valet parking" owing a parking fee at dawn.

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
YES! And you REALLY need to understand what any timeshare ownership gives you and what it does not.

DVC ownership guarantees you only two things:
  1. The ability to book rooms at your home resort -- subject to availability, of course.
  2. The ability to book your home resort with at least a one-month advantage over other members.
EVERYTHING ELSE (including the ability to get ANY discount on tickets or annual passes) is a "perk" which can be modified or canceled at any moment by one swipe of the Mouse's pen.

DVC has literally canceled "perks" in the middle of the night, leaving owners who parked their cars before Midnight with "free valet parking" owing a parking fee at dawn.

Honestly I can't stand the mouse giving how expensive all this is but like most its for the kids.

If you mess with the mouse you pay the mouse!

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanting for gold pass and how much would full price be on a 25 pointer

Also I talked with a Disney Vacation Club guide and saved the chat they stated 6 people can be on a deed and as long as someone shares the same drivers license address as someone on the deed then they can be annual gold pass members I read on other sites they have to be family but he stated as long as drivers license matches. My girlfriend and I do share the same residence but aren't married.

As far as being worried that DVC not getting discounted AP he said the gold pass is only offered to florida residents and DVC members and as long as you renew there is no worry, but he did mentioned he didn't ever recall this in his 10 years of being there or something to that extent.

And yes if you can add six different people to the deed then that would be 8 people per household.

I am aware of the risk involved with someone potentially being in bankruptcy I am not such worried deed sharing on a 25 point ownership when the sole purpose is to help family members get cheap dvc if they are going to do a bankruptcy these things are planned so we could deed modify to remove them.

I think this is a legit work around to getting cheap Gold AP passes

I am hoping my post helps other people when they search google or this site so I don't mind posting multiple post.

According to the DVC news pricing website, you can buy Old Key West ($135 per point) and Saratoga Springs ($135 per point) - 25 point minimum purchase.

Old Key West if purchased through Disney would be through 2057 (Extended)

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe 25 point contracts are for existing dvc members adding on. The smallest contract non members may purchase is 50 points from what i recall.

freediverdude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, kind of sounds like this person is going to try to put 6 households on the deed and get up to 48 gold passes, lol. Talk about stretching a membership! Well hope it works out for him. If it was going to be split that many ways, though, I would probably recommend going ahead and getting 50 or 100 points instead, so each family could get more like a few nights to a week every 6th year instead of 1 or 2 nights.

fernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking of buying into DVC California since my children and grandchildren love to go to Disneyland several times a year.

Where do I find a list of the current "perks"?

How big a discount on a season pass are we talking about here?

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
There is no discount on a season pass to Disneyland in California. There is also no DVC discount on park hopper or individual park tickets in California. You would get 10% off at virtually all restaurants and shops in Disneyland and California Adventure, though. You will also get a 20% discount for a couple of the Disneyland tours offered. DVC is not kind to the west coast. I cannot give you a link to the perks because you have to be a member to get into the site. Wish I had better news.

fernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh well. Guess I will just work a couple of extra weekends and pony up the money for regular price tickets. The "Grand Californian" doesn't "pencil" and I was looking to see if there might be some other advantages to consider.

Guess not.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Also for the $20 discount you donot have to buy points at grand cal. You can buy points from any dvc for the discount.