• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Closing Company

Brenda47

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Could someone recommend a reputable closing company with reasonable fees.

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
JRA Services is great and they only charge $275. I have used them several times and will use them again if I sell or buy another week. They are as good as any closing company I have used and they are the least expensive I have found. This is their web site:

http://timeshareresaleclosings.com/

Bill4728

Reaction score
Here are a few closing companies which are recommended by TUG.

Timesharing Today has a Resale Document Kit, which you can purchase for about $30,

A Sales contract from My Resort Network sells for under $10,

IMHO, The two most highly recommended may be JRA Services or Timeshare Transfer,

TimeTravel Traders will handle the closing for about $100, but the fee does not include escrow handling of purchase price funds.

Or for $119 and a lot of paperwork, if you are comfortable with the details, you can be guided through a self-closing at TurboClose. ( Turbo close is a do it yourself site but is associated with Back porch closing )

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My $0.02 worth...

Could someone recommend a reputable closing company with reasonable fees.

Although I have no affiliation with them (beyond that of being a satisfied customer in multiple transactions over a number of years), I happen to like Timeshare Transfer, Inc. of Vero Beach, FL (...can I say that without appearing to advertise for them?). They don't handle all states, but you can look at their web site on your own to easily determine whether they handle whichever state it is in which your particular timeshare is located.

Also, I have no personal experience with them, but many folks speak highly of JRA Closing Services too.

You should probably expect to pay around $300 no matter who you choose to utilize (excluding resort transfer fees, which vary considerably). Title searches and title insurance (if you care to have either) will drive the cost upward from that approximate starting point.

I'll refrain from bad mouthing one other closing service which, although competent, is painfully slow. They are located in Bozeman, Montana. ;-)

Last edited:

laura1957

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would definately use Timeshare Transfer again

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely use a closing company that uses a lawyer in the state where the timeshare is located to prepare all legal documents. There are variations between the laws of different states, and too many t/s closing companies, including those who say ''attorney reviewed'' use a deed form from the state where they are located that may not work the same or even be valid in other states. Ask the resort office who closes sales locally. AVOID the out state services. I did see a banner ad here on TUG however for one closing company, the name of which I do not remember that advertised that it contracted with local attorneys to prepare legal documents in each state where they operated and where they did not have qualified local attorneys preparing the documents, they did not do closings. If that is true, this would be the only out of state t/s closing company I would touch with a ten foot poll. I have seen way too many invalid deeds recorded on the OBX by these out of state closing companies who simply do not know what they are doing.