• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Naive Newbie GV In-laws Q

Rush

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have xch'ged into GV from Horizons Orlando, and have since found out that the in-laws would like to join us [tho, by my choice, not in our villa...]

Would very much appreciate any suggestions as to how to rent them a unit for the same week [early Feb 2009] w, of course, any possible discount for a multi-week Marriott owner such as myself.

Thank you all in advance...

Last edited:

Beverley

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can call the resort to book a villa and tell them you are an owner and would like the Marriott discount (usually 25%) or you can call the central number to book (forgot the number ... owner services should have it ... 1 800 XXX villas9...
I am not sure about this but I think the online system to book (Marriott website) doesn't give the discount.

I wouldn't rule out trying to get another trade. If you are a multiweek owner, perhaps you have a week you can spare and place a request first request so that you do not give up your week unless they find the trade you want. :clap:

Good luck and enjoy your vacation.

Beverley :hi:

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
You might also want to check II for the availability of a Getaway week; might be a cheaper way to rent.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
...... or rent from another owner.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I checked the II Getaways, and there are currently no February weeks in getaway inventory. February is the start of winter breaks for many schools. There will likely be some come available as the time draws closer. Early February is a slower season in Orlando, so picking up a getaway shouldn't be a problem. You may just have to wait until closer to travel.

Another exchange is always an option.

Rush

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your helpful posts -

By way of f/up, would I be correct in thinking that, in order to take advantage of any owner discount, the booking has to be in my name?

dhole

TUG Member
Reaction score
Online Booking of Owner Discount

You can book with the owner discount at Marriott.com. Just add the code "MOD" in the box. IF it available, it will then show. It is capacity controlled so may not be available.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank you all for your helpful posts -

By way of f/up, would I be correct in thinking that, in order to take advantage of any owner discount, the booking has to be in my name?

Yes, it would have to be in your name. You would be there to check in as they are traveling with you. Just add their names to the reservation when you check in and have them use their CC for any incidentals. I would suggest booking the owers rate and then keep checking for cheaper getaways, if you find one, you can cancel the original per night rate you book through Marriott.

Rush

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you both -

We will be checking in on different days, however, due to different travel schedules. And they will likely be staying 2 weeks as opposed to my 1. Am wondering whether it would thus be do-able for me to have 2 such separate reservations in my name...

Beverley

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You could make a two week reservation in your name and add their names as was mentioned above ... if you think it could be possible that they change their minds and stay only one week, then you might want to make two separate reservations and just add their names to each. The 2 reservations would likely be combined at check in anyway.

Beverley :)

Rush

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kindest thanks, Beverley / all you other wonderful, knowledgeable, helpful TUGers...