• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My review is missing...again

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I had trouble whenever I wanted to have my reviews post...awhile back. Just recently I wrote two...on the same day. One posted, and the other did not (my review of Cozumel Palace...there hasn't been another review in many months.) Is it best to write reviews on different days or weeks to make sure one's work doesn't vanish into thin air? :shrug:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
were they for different resorts in different areas.

reviews can take up to a week to be posted, the review managers are volunteers and do not do this full time.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
after review, I show both of your reviews were submitted on 1/7 in the afternoon it hasnt even been 3 business days yet.

No reviews are "lost" they were both submitted and recieved.

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately my review is missing in transfer to new system

I wrote a review for Laguna Shores that was on the old system. There are very few reviews for Laguna Shores. I just checked recently to see if anyone else had posted a review and mne was gone. I stayed there in Feburary of 05 or 06. Funtime

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If the review was posted on the old system it may not have been transferred across.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
What Keith said,

Thats a totally different situation than one being "lost" after submitting it in the new system (which isnt possible as nothing is actually deleted)

I will attempt to see if we can go find the review page for that old resort and obtain your review.

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian! It is Laguna Shores (not Laguna Surf which more people are familiar with.) Funtime

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I submitted a review back in Dec for a new resort that you didn't have listed.

I have never seen this resort or this review added. It was for Worldmark New Braunfels, TX.

Any idea what happened to it?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Im sorry but I cant find any record of a review submitted with that name? did you recieve both the on screen "thank you" as well as the email "thank you" for submitting the review?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I checked my emails but have no record. But it is something that I would likely delete anyway.

I will have to rethink the visit and write another review.

Thanks Brian

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well Brian

I resubmitted my review, got the Thank You notice and email. The Central website now has the resort listed, but the review I provided in not there.

Am I just ahead of the rep, and they posted the resort and NOT the review yet?

Sandy

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Hey Brian
Our review of the Worldmark Anaheim last December never made it.

Thanks
Bill

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the rep didnt create the resort, I did when I saw it in the unassigned queue.

it can take up to a week for a review to get posted, usually it happens within a few days though. however in this case the rep didnt even recieve a note for the review until I created the resort.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Brian
Our review of the Worldmark Anaheim last December never made it.

Thanks
Bill

Hi Bill,

I went back through all the reviews for US west, and did not see any reviews for that resort in december of 08.

there is one from november, and one from jan 09, but not one from dec 08.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
note we have made a change to the review system now.

in the past, if there were an error (ie you were missing a required field etc) the review would not actually submit, but instead you would recieve a note at the top informing you that a field was missing.

This may have been the cause of many a failed review submission as people would just carry on thinking that clicking submit was the end of it.

now once you click submit, the review is submitted regardless of how little information is filled out, there are no more required fields etc etc.

Hopefully this should eliminate problems in the past with reviews that may or may not have been lost due to this issue.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
the rep didnt create the resort, I did when I saw it in the unassigned queue.

it can take up to a week for a review to get posted, usually it happens within a few days though. however in this case the rep didnt even recieve a note for the review until I created the resort.

I thought the rep created the resort. I did not know it was a two step process. Since I thought I already submitted this a while ago, I am just trying hard to see that it gets posted, given the effort I have put into multiple attempts at posting the review.

Thanks for the clarification. The review rep will get to it when they get to it, but now I know it was not overlooked in the creation of the resort.

Thanks and I do appreciate the time the volunteers spend. I don't want anyone to think that I don't.

Sandy

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I generally create the resorts that come in like this, as the reps dont get notified via email that a new review has been submitted unless its for a resort they are responsible for. Since this one wasnt in the database yet, there was no rep to send a notification to, and only I recieved the review email.