• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Intro [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyL4408

Reaction score
Hello! I am new to the whole Marriott process :eek:

Hubby and I purchased in April 2005 at Marriotts Grande Vista. We have successfully traded several times now with II. We have a 10 year old daughter, who travels with us.

Here is what we have done so far....
2005 platinum 2BR - exchanged for Aruba Surf Club 2BR for April 2006
2006 gold 3BR- locked off
Guest Room traded for Heritage Club 2BR for Jan 2006
2BR traded for Royal Mayan 2BR for March 2007
2007 platinum 2BR - locked off
Guest Room traded for Aruba Surf Club efficiency for Jan 2007
1 BR - ? Haven't decided yet

Here are my questions:

After reading some of the posts on this board, I was wondering if someone could explain to me what a "bonus" week is, and how you get it.

My 1 BR Platinum that I have.... Should I made my reservation for February or March? We plan to exchange it with II..... maybe try for Aruba again? I'm unsure because I haven't been there yet to know for sure that I will like it. Hawaii is nice, but too expensive for the flight. My preffered travel time is during Michigan's winter, to go somewhere warm! I think we will probably wait to visit the Grande Vista until 2008.

Any info you have that would help us in anyway, is greatly appreciated! It seems this website has a wealth of information, that is going to take me years to read.

Thanks!
Amy

DMS

Reaction score
not sure about Marriott...

but @ my home resort, The Resort on Cocoa Beach, managed by VRI (Vacation Resorts International), there are all kinds of hoops to jump through to actually get "bonus time"....

In our case, it's only available @ our home resort. Other resorts in the VRI network accept "Vacation Tyme", with different rates, rules and regulations. The reservation window for our "bonus time" is quite narrow, and holiday periods are blacked out....in our three years of random checking, we've only been successful with one weeknight of "bonus time".....hope this info helps......Dave

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The original post in this thread duplicates a post in another forum. Since duplicate posts are not permitted, I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.