• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My 4,000 post

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steamboat Bill

OK...here is my 4,000th post.

This is a feat that only 8 out of 10,206 TUGers have accomplished. I won't even think about catching up to Dave M (10,227 posts and counting).

If I printed out every post and they took one page each, then I could fill a book that would be 8 inches thick double-sided, but I doubt I could sell it on Amazon or eBay.

I have been averaging 5.35 posts per day since 8-28-06

Perhaps I need to attend a TUGbbs anonymous group or perhaps I have some obsessive compulsive TUG disorder, I certainly have too much time on my hands.

Some of my posts have been controversial, some have been informative, some have been funny, and some have been stupid. I just hope you have enjoyed reading some of them.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Congratulations, that's quite an accomplishment.:clap:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You must have to much free time on your hand to post that many posts in two years. You need a "timeshare vacation."

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! I enjoy reading your posts when I partake of my daily TUG fix!

Dori:wave:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's see how long you can keep it there :rofl:

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Keep On Typing.

I just hope you have enjoyed reading some of them.
Shux, I've enjoyed all of'm that I've read.

Keep'm coming.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
a big "CONGRATS" to you and a thank you for all your help

joycapecod

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shux, I've enjoyed all of'm that I've read.

Keep'm coming.

Well, then I guess that would depend on how many you've read.

:eek:

Joy

JoAnn

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It always amazes me when someone/anyone brags about the number of posts they have. WHY? Is it going to change the world...or your life? Sorry I have too many other problems to worry, or care about than to 'count' my number posts, or anyone else's. There are plenty of people on this BBS and another BBS who are here to really help without patting themselves on the back all the time.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Whahoo! Congrats!

I am trying to be just like you....

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
JoAnn,
What you said. There's a song a few years ago, by Hank Williams Jr., called "Mind Your Own Business" which suits how you (and I) feel. Part of it goes:
"Minding other people's business seems to be 'high toned.' I got all that I can do just a mindin' my own."

But ya know what? That's life. What's important to some isn't to others. I think the older we get the more we see how important family and health are compared to everything else.

Fern

It always amazes me when someone/anyone brags about the number of posts they have. WHY? Is it going to change the world...or your life? Sorry I have too many other problems to worry, or care about than to 'count' my number posts, or anyone else's. There are plenty of people on this BBS and another BBS who are here to really help without patting themselves on the back all the time.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill,

I think this speaks of your loyalty and your interest. Nothing wrong with that. Post away!

summervaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Steamboat Bill was just trying to have a little fun. I didn't see anywhere in his post where he claimed he was changing the world.

I think there can be another view of "Mind your own Business." Please let those who are having fun with a thread have fun.

lgreenspan

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Steamboat Bill I always enjoy your posts. Looking forward to reading the next 4,000.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a 12 step program to help the TUG addicted? If not there needs to be.

Just think how long it'd take without cleaning windows.

Best wishes for 4k more.

Jim Ricks

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
See? That's what happens when you go interpreting or explaining other folks posts. If you read *my* post again, you'll see it was referring to *me*, not to anybody else...

Probably why I don't have 4,000 posts this time around. Just too many people reading things into stuff that just isn't there.

Fern

I think Steamboat Bill was just trying to have a little fun. I didn't see anywhere in his post where he claimed he was changing the world.

I think there can be another view of "Mind your own Business." Please let those who are having fun with a thread have fun.

vivalour

TUG Member
Reaction score
:clap: Hey Bill,
My take is that you are a very smart, very social, high-energy guy. No problem with TUG postitis, IMHO there's something in them for everyone. For EXTRA fun and games, you could think about one or more of the following:
--launching and supervising a new on-line business
--setting up a consulting service in something you enjoy consulting about
--volunteering in one of your areas of expertise in a third-world country
--selling memberships to HCC (just a little self-interest here) :D
Cheers,
Viv

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I Resemble That Remark.

If you read *my* post again, you'll see it was referring to *me*, not to anybody else.
I have found that if it is remotely possible for something to be misinterpreted, chances are -- sure enough -- it'll get misinterpreted.

That's particularly the case if I'm trying to write something semi-clever or semi-witty or semi-ironic or semi-pointed or semi-snappy, etc.

And by me, if something I write gets misinterpreted, taken out of context, etc., that's on me rather than on the person doing the misinterpreting or the context-taking, etc.

Obviously I don't let that worry me much. If I did I'd hardly write anything -- not that there would be anything wrong with not writing much.

Fortunately hardly anybody is waiting to pounce gotcha! style. As a result I get away with quite a bit.

So it goes.

Last edited:

summervaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Misunderstanding

I do not know how to show something as a quote, but below is a quote.

"See? That's what happens when you go interpreting or explaining other folks posts. If you read *my* post again, you'll see it was referring to *me*, not to anybody else...
Probably why I don't have 4,000 posts this time around. Just too many people reading things into stuff that just isn't there"

I was not interpreting your post Fern, I was referring to the very obvious post before yours. I don't think that one could have been misinterpreted. I guess your point should be well taken by all of us.

JoAnn

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
JoAnn,
What you said. There's a song a few years ago, by Hank Williams Jr., called "Mind Your Own Business" which suits how you (and I) feel. Part of it goes:
"Minding other people's business seems to be 'high toned.' I got all that I can do just a mindin' my own."

But ya know what? That's life. What's important to some isn't to others. I think the older we get the more we see how important family and health are compared to everything else.

Fern

Thank you Fern....that is exactly how I feel. Age DOES make a difference.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Thank you Fern....that is exactly how I feel. Age DOES make a difference.

JoAnn,
Gotten any PMs ?
:rofl:
B.

Last edited:

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats and thanks for all your posts. Sure shows a dedication or addiction LOL. I am addicted so I can't talk....looking forward to your next 4000 posts. It is fun to just have fin posting sometimes whoppie!!!:cheer:

Now I am going to see how many posts I have......I have not looked lately....so I may have to do some catching up, if I stay home long enough.....on my way again...next monday...Mazatlan bound!!! Yeah...

JoAnn

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
"Thank you Fern....that is exactly how I feel. Age DOES make a difference.

JoAnn,
Gotten any PMs ?
:rofl:
B.

Yes, Beags, I did get a PM from Steamboat Bill. He called me a VERY uncomplimentary name starting with an "A" But that is HIS opinion. My remark in my post was pointed at no one in particular, but he apparently took it personally. So be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.