• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MVC "TOP. Travelers Opinion Panel" email

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
I took the survey also. The 2 nd question asks you how many points you have. We have 14,000 and my survey was like FASTTR's.

Now that you mention this, they did ask if I knew how many points I had if I exchanged all of my weeks. My answer was 9225.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I took the survey also. The 2 nd question asks you how many points you have. We have 14,000 and my survey was like FASTTR's.

We have 14,100 and I think ours was like Steven's. I tried to go back into it but it just gives you a "you've taken this survey" message, but I specifically remember 8,000 being mentioned. :ponder:

Last edited:

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I've been taking the surveys for months now but, alas, I'm not a sweepstakes winner. I have a little over 10,000 points. I think they are trying to entice Bucky into joining the Destination Club and the rest of us to add to it to have access to the 8 bedroom homes.

For me, it would have to be a better deal than VRBO. I'm sure it wouldn't be because there are a lot of safeguards going through Marriott than VRBO. For me, it wouldn't be worth a lot of extra money (points), but for others it might be attractive. People still rent timeshare weeks, however, on marriott.com for 2-3 times the cost of renting from a private owner.

I'd also have to compare the rental value for my weeks (subsequently converted to points) compared to the points cost of their vacation homes. I think if you look at it that way, the numbers won't work that well for most owners. Still, it will be an attractive option for some owners who want a different vacation experience every few years.

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
I only have 1500 points and my houses ranged from 8000-11000 points.

It is a good idea, but they would have to be priced in a similar range to what I could find from an agency or VRBO.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Just took the latest TOP (Travelers Opinion Panel) poll.

This one was focused on the possibility of MVC’s in city locations.

The cities they asked about were….
Atlanta, GA
Austin, TX
Boston, MA
Charleston, SC
Chicago, IL
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
Los Angeles, CA
Miami, FL
Miami Beach, FK
Nashville, TN
New Orleans, LA
New York City, NY
Portland, OR
San Diego, CA
Savannah, GA
Seattle, WA
Washington, DC

They asked to rate the following as important….
Distance to main attractions
Accommodation type preferred: Hotel room, Hotel Suite with Partition, 1BR, 2BR
Kitchen type, if any (full fridge, stove, micro….1/2 fridge, no fridge, etc, etc)
WiFi importance
Owners only lounge importance
Housekeeping services
Concierge Services
Food available on site

Asked what you think it should be called….
MVC – City Collection
MVC - Getaway Collection
MVC
MVC – City Experiences
MVC – City Place

Then they asked a myriad of hypothetical combinations of all of the above, listing 3 different scinarios each time, with a different combination of points required for each, and they asked you to select the scenario you liked best from among the 3 shown to you. They asked that in different combo's of 3 sixteen different times.

They certainly seem to be focused on this City thing.

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Interesting. I had received one or two of these survey emails from Marriott before but just did one for the first time today. They said it would take around 20 minutes but it took me about 5 minutes or so.

As for points, I don't own points and am not sure what my 2 weeks EOYO at Napili tower oceanfront would be worth…..

Aviator621

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fasttr--Interesting--same poll for me, but slightly differently city list--don't think Dallas/Ft Worth or Austin was mentioned on mine, but San Francisco was included.

Last edited: