• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MVC Points Owner (O5)

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Does anyone know what "MVC Points Owner (O5)" means?

I found some posts here, but still wondering:
I know there are not many pure points owners on Tug, but I am one of them. . . I really don't hang my vacation enjoyment on what exact room I get, so where I am exactly at in the pecking order is not that big of a deal for me, but in order to potentially help in the understanding of the process (if there is one), I offer the following.... When I book a reservation using my trust points, in the reservation Preferences Summary under Not Guaranteed, it always says the following: "MVC Points Owner (O5)". I am assuming that is some attempt to tell somebody where I am in in some pecking order, either real or imagined. Then again, perhaps when you book with Legacy points, your reservations say the same thing. I only know what mine always say. Knowing there are not a lot of pure trust'ers out there, I figured I would offer that up.

I notice that our recent home resort reservations indicate the following:
Special request(s):
MVC Points Owner (O5), Request Noted
I see this on our 2BR Grande Vista and Studio Harbour Lake, but not on our 1BR Habour Lake reservations.
I've never seen it before but it showed up on my confirmation for my legacy week reservation today.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The MVC Points Owner means just that I suppose, that you are a points owner and made a home resort or points reservation. Not sure what the O5 means though. Probably nothing to us, likely an internal thing to Marriott or Marriott Vacation Club.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
The MVC Points Owner means just that I suppose, that you are a points owner and made a home resort or points reservation. Not sure what the O5 means though. Probably nothing to us, likely an internal thing to Marriott or Marriott Vacation Club.
I don't own any points, only an enrolled legacy week. That's what was strange to me.

My only thought is that maybe because its enrolled, it tells them that there are no fees for changes/lockoffs, etc.?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't own any points, only an enrolled legacy week. That's what was strange to me.

My only thought is that maybe because its enrolled, it tells them that there are no fees for changes/lockoffs, etc.?

That could be, we also only own two enrolled weeks. We don't own any points. As you can see, my reservations show the same message. I don't think it has anything to do with II unless Marriott uses it somehow to verify a deposit. Making sure that only weeks that indicate that are deposited in to the corporate II account. Not sure if reservations made using an unenrolled week by an enrolled owner would say the same thing though.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I currently have 4 MVC ressies booked.....

Lakeshore Reserve, booked with points, it shows MVC Points Owner (O5)
Summit Watch, booked with points, it shows MVC Points Owner (O5)
Ocean Pointe, booked with points, it does NOT show MVC Points Owner (O5)
Grande Ocean, un-enrolled home week, it does NOT show MVC Points Owner (O5)

So that said, the Grande Ocean week would follow dioxide45's theory, but oddly enough, the Ocean Pointe ressie, booked on points, but NOT saying it is certainly an outlier.

The thread where this originally came up was regarding the pecking order of room assignments, and the theory was that MVC Points Owner (05) was some way of indicating to the resort where to place the ressie in the room placement hierarchy. The only thing different with my Ocean Pointe ressie is that it is a less than full week ressie. If indeed this is a pecking order indicator, perhaps less than full week ressie's are treated differently, thus no indicator on that ressie.

Obviously, this is all purely speculation.