• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MVC 13 Month Booking Window

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Abound
New to MVC, had a few questions on the 13 month window. Guidance will be appreciated.

a. Can I modify my reservation to a shorter duration of 5 days from 7 days
b. What happens with the base points
c. What happens to the bonus points, do they get deposited back. How much get returned?
c. If they do credited back, I would think the points from this year will come to this year and borrowed points get deposit to the next year

Wronguy

Reaction score
@dioxide45 can you send me a message (I don't have permissions to send messages yet), just had a quick question for you.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
@dioxide45 can you send me a message (I don't have permissions to send messages yet), just had a quick question for you.
I won't be able to send one either. You may need a couple more posts to turn on direct messaging.

Wronguy

Reaction score
Thank you, others were able to send me messages a couple of days ago. Just had a question about a members time share you used back in Dec.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank you, others were able to send me messages a couple of days ago. Just had a question about a members time share you used back in Dec.
I just sent you a DM.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
New to MVC, had a few questions on the 13 month window. Guidance will be appreciated.

a. Can I modify my reservation to a shorter duration of 5 days from 7 days
b. What happens with the base points
c. What happens to the bonus points, do they get deposited back. How much get returned?
c. If they do credited back, I would think the points from this year will come to this year and borrowed points get deposit to the next year
Assuming you are at the Owner level, per this benefit chart https://www.marriottvacationsworldwide.com/common/cms/mvc/pdfs/owners/Owner-Benefit-Level.pdf
any points used for the 2 nights you are dropping from your 7 night ressy would go into a holding account, per #3 on page 11 from this linked Exchange Procedure.

Your question c (the first one) asked about bonus points. Are you referring to the additional 20% points you used in order to book in the 13 month window. Assuming so, I do not see a specific reference to those in the modification paragraph 3 on page 11....but on the paragraph for cancellations inside of 60 days, #2 on page 11, it says that such points would be lost altogether, and in the paragraph before that for cancellation greater than 60 days from check in, they go to a holding account, so I am not 100% certain how MVC will treat those In a modification situation. Perhaps somebody else will chime in, or if you do make the modification, please circle back and let us know how they were treated.

As for your second question c.... if you used borrowed points, those would still become holding points, but should maintain their original expiration date of the year you borrowed them from.

Of course, all of this is how they “should“ treat them.....based on MVC's often inept IT systems, you might get lucky and have all points fully returned with no restrictions whatsoever. Please report back how things work out.

Last edited:

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
The extra 20% points used at 13 months are lost and will not be returned. I believe this prohibits gaming the system.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Abound
The extra 20% points used at 13 months are lost and will not be returned. I believe this prohibits gaming the system.
will they be lost even if i cancel the reservation altogether ?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
will they be lost even if i cancel the reservation altogether ?
According to D. 1. at bottom of page 10 of the Exchange Procedures (linked in post 10), if cancelled outside of 60 days from check in, those 20% points would go into a holding account.

I’m less sure than Venter they would be lost altogether even if modified, as long as you modify outside of 60 days from check in

Last edited: