• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

multiple weeks

kherbold

TUG Member
Reaction score
I only use RCI for the main reason
that I can get multiple weeks in exchange for the one
week I own in Honolulu. (usually 4 weeks exchanged in Mexico)

Are there other exchange outfits that do the same thing?

karl

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There are other exchange companies that give bonus weeks but most have restrictions about how far out they can be booked. There isn't any that will give you multiple weeks for the cost of an exchange only.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There are two factors that allow you to do this:

1) RCI is a points system
2) You are trading a high point resort for several weeks in a low point resort.

Most of the other exchange companies trade a 1 week deposit for a 1 week exchange, so they don't work the same way.

One option for you to consider is to acquire another high points timeshare on the resale market that you can deposit with RCI.

eschjw

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
DAE does run 2 for 1 specials

DAE does sometimes run a 2 exchanges for 1 deposit special. There are usually deposit restrictions. Almost every special that I have seen requires a deposit of at least 6 months in advance for a Prime Time week (see web site for more info) and the regular exchange fee applies. A Prime Time week deposited 6 months in advance is always able to exchange on a 1 for 1 basis for only a $1.00.

I have seen a few exceptions in the last few years. Florida Keys weeks once had a 3 for 1 special. Several months ago there was a special for TUG members that offered 2 for 1 for non Prime Time weeks deposited at least 6 months in advance.

You never know when they are going to run these specials and you must always call to take advantage of them.

Rob562

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are two factors that allow you to do this:

1) RCI is a points system
2) You are trading a high point resort for several weeks in a low point resort.

Most of the other exchange companies trade a 1 week deposit for a 1 week exchange, so they don't work the same way.

One option for you to consider is to acquire another high points timeshare on the resale market that you can deposit with RCI.

They may not have points. RCI Weeks also operates so that you get a "credit" of TPU's back for anything not used on a Weeks exchange. So a single high-TPU week could yield multiple low-TPU exchanges with only an exchange fee for each week.

-Rob

kherbold

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I have weeks not points with RCI... so thats TPUS.
So yes I have higher TPUS for my hawaii property and book a lower rated
property in mexico, which requires less TPU,s so therefore I can book more weeks in the future.
But I havent found any other exchange company's that do this ... just one week for one week.

Karl

They may not have points. RCI Weeks also operates so that you get a "credit" of TPU's back for anything not used on a Weeks exchange. So a single high-TPU week could yield multiple low-TPU exchanges with only an exchange fee for each week.

-Rob

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Karl, I think RCI is the best exchange company for what you are trying to do -- exchange a high-demand week for several low-demand ones.

II does have some programs that provide multiple weeks for a single deposit, but there are more limitations than in RCI. Also, your Hawaii resort would need to be affiliated with II if you wanted to use it in II.

If you are willing to buy an additional week, a Fairways of the Mountains (Lake Lure, NC) would work great for getting multiple weeks in II. You get two one-bedrooms for a total maintenance fee of about $700, and if you get a spring or summer week, II will almost certainly give you a bonus week for each one. Fairways of the Mountains has only 20 units, but many Tuggers own there, so an Want Ad in the TUG Marketplace might turn up one.