• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Multiple week owner and 13 month reservation

beachgoers

Reaction score
I have a question for the group. My wife and her ex-husband own a marriott time share week in Orlando. It is still deeded in both of their names and we alternate years with him. We are looking to purchase an additional week in Hilton Head and want to be able to take advantage of the multiple week owner 13 month in advance reservations vs 12 month in advance standard reservations.

Does this new one need to be on the same Interval account as the other one? Can it be deeded to my wife and I and the other to My wife and her ex and still qualify for the 13 week multiple week benefit?

We are figuring out if this is possible and if so does it need to only have my wife's name on the new property deed.

Thanks in advance.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Hmm.

The 13 mos booking (concurrent/consecutive weeks) applies thru reservations made with MARRIOTT. Not II.

And, yes, both units need to be in the same Marriott weeks account. Call Marriott owner services and ask about the title issue. I'm not sure what they will do about that. My guess is no; the titles must match.

Once possible solution: Put the TS's into a trust. Make sure they are all deeded into the trust with the same trust name. Then specify the asset ownership, liabilities and survivorship inside the trust.

If the units are both in the same Marriott account, they can be in the same II account as well.

Cheers.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm.

The 13 mos booking (concurrent/consecutive weeks) applies thru reservations made with MARRIOTT. Not II.

And, yes, both units need to be in the same Marriott weeks account. Call Marriott owner services and ask about the title issue. I'm not sure what they will do about that. My guess is no; the titles must match.

Once possible solution: Put the TS's into a trust. Make sure they are all deeded into the trust with the same trust name. Then specify the asset ownership, liabilities and survivorship inside the trust.

If the units are both in the same Marriott account, they can be in the same II account as well.

Cheers.
I could be mistaken, but through a historical quirk my wife and I have multiple account numbers and once I got these "linked" MVC treated them as one and we seem to have had no problems reserving at 13 months across our various weeks.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Sounds great news for the OP.

Out of curiosity; is there a 3rd party (not husband/wife) on your ownerships?

In any case, I'd call owner services.

Last edited:

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
When we owned a week jointly with my brother it showed up in both of our accounts. The same account also had the weeks my wife and I own jointly. My wife and I each have an account now and our joint weeks show up in both accounts. If your wife is on two deeds both should show up in her account. Titles do not have to match exactly to be in the same account.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
When we owned a week jointly with my brother it showed up in both of our accounts. The same account also had the weeks my wife and I own jointly. My wife and I each have an account now and our joint weeks show up in both accounts. If your wife is on two deeds both should show up in her account. Titles do not have to match exactly to be in the same account.

Very good to know: When I bought my two resales (at separate times), the title department made a really big deal about the names/trust names being exactly alike or they wouldn't allow both on the same account. Sounds like that was bs.

Sorry for the mis-information: I was just going on my experience with the trust names.

So basically, if you gather a group of people and cross-link names on the accounts..... You could link many weeks together to get better reservations? Sounds like an opportunity.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very good to know: When I bought my two resales (at separate times), the title department made a really big deal about the names/trust names being exactly alike or they wouldn't allow both on the same account. Sounds like that was bs.

Sorry for the mis-information: I was just going on my experience with the trust names.

So basically, if you gather a group of people and cross-link names on the accounts..... You could link many weeks together to get better reservations? Sounds like an opportunity.
I doubt that would be (or indeed should be) possible unless you are joint owners / partners / same family name...

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm.

There is often confusion between the 13 mo. booking option for weeks vs for VC points. As taterhed points out, you can only reserve weeks 13 months in advance if you are reserving concurrent or consecutive weeks. However, this option works even if you are reserving at multiple MVC resorts or using multiple locked off units.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is often confusion between the 13 mo. booking option for weeks vs for VC points. As taterhed points out, you can only reserve weeks 13 months in advance if you are reserving concurrent or consecutive weeks. However, this option works even if you are reserving at multiple MVC resorts or using multiple locked off units.
Now I am a little confused.
You say you can use the 13 month booking option "using multiple locked off units"
Do you mean that you can use 2 Master suites from 2 Lock offs for this?
I have always been advised when locking off that you can't use a Master Suite and a Guest suite for 13 month booking.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Barry, it is my understanding that you must use two separate units if you are trying to employ the 13 month provision. So, it does NOT work to split a single unit into two. It must be two separate units.

I've tried just splitting a single unit and each time (except once) I was told that it didn't work that way (wrt the 13 month provision).

I bought another unit last year just for the purpose of being able to use the 13 month rule to book Thanksgiving. So, last October I booked two concurrent weeks over Thanksgiving. In this case, I used a 1 BR master from DSV1 and an efficiency from DSV2 (or vice-versa). :banana:

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Barry, it is my understanding that you must use two separate units if you are trying to employ the 13 month provision. So, it does NOT work to split a single unit into two. It must be two separate units.

I've tried just splitting a single unit and each time (except once) I was told that it didn't work that way (wrt the 13 month provision).

I bought another unit last year just for the purpose of being able to use the 13 month rule to book Thanksgiving. So, last October I booked two concurrent weeks over Thanksgiving. In this case, I used a 1 BR master from DSV1 and an efficiency from DSV2 (or vice-versa). :banana:

This has also been my experience. However, I was told that I could do the following:
Resort 1: BR week 1
Resort 2 unit week 2
Resort 1 Studio Week 3

Although I haven't tried it, the experienced CS person said this would be allowed at 13 weeks. I plan to try it at some point combining my lockoffs at Ocean Pointe with my 2BR at Oceana Palms. I believe the lockoff weeks must be separated.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very interesting and thanks Superchief and BJRSanDiego.
I had accepted that I can't split a single week into two and book at 13 months.
I had assumed that I also could not combine my lockoffs in the way you were told Superchief, so I will be keen to hear the result as and when you try.
If I find the right opportunity, I will try myself.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Very interesting and thanks Superchief and BJRSanDiego.
I had accepted that I can't split a single week into two and book at 13 months.
I had assumed that I also could not combine my lockoffs in the way you were told Superchief, so I will be keen to hear the result as and when you try.
If I find the right opportunity, I will try myself.

I have indeed combined multiple lock offs from multiple properties at 13 months out. Studio at Harbour Lake followed by the 1BR from Grande Vista booked at 13 months. I didn't reserve the other two sides at that time.