• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Multiple Timeshare Bug

icul8rg8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi ... newbie here ... we've caught the Timeshare "bug". We recently closed on an HGVC 5,000 pt resale, and are looking into adding on a WorldMark timeshare (since WorldMark has so many resorts within driving distance from where we live in the Seattle area). Since we won't be taking week-long trips EVERY year with BOTH timeshares, would a 7,000-point timeshare suffice? If it was our only timeshare, I'd probably look into a 10k or 12k point package. We'd probably go on weekend jaunts and/or combine 2 years for a really nice week-long get-away. Any input regarding WorldMark would be much appreciated - especially if you own both HGVC & Worldmark...

Thanks in advance....

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont own Worldmark yet, but I have contracted to buy one. Ive been looking and learning for a while

Suggest you visit this website http://www.wmtsinfo.com/ and the worlmark owners forum http://www.wmowners.com/

Worldmark allows owners to transfer credits among themselves so an owner of a small account can "rent" credits. From what I can see there is an active market for these credits...and they rent for about 6 cents a credit..not much more than what your mf would be. So own the small account and rent what you need to supplement it when you need to.

Also you should know that the mf for a 6000 credit account and a 7000 credit account is the same.($493) So get the 7000 if you can...A 5000 credit account is better mf is $378. but they seem to be rare on the resale market.

There are several brokers that make an active market in Worlsmark contracts and there is a for sale section on the forum..expect to pay 35 cents to 50 cents per credit

Worldmark points are good for 2 years, and you can borrow from next year, so with your 7000 point account you can use 14000 points every other year. or you could do 21000 points one year and wait a while before you could do that again

K2Quick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since we won't be taking week-long trips EVERY year with BOTH timeshares, would a 7,000-point timeshare suffice? If it was our only timeshare, I'd probably look into a 10k or 12k point package.

You're definitely thinking about it right (especially paying a little more for a 7k package vs. a 6k package since the annual costs are the same for both levels). I'd personally lean toward paying a little more and getting a 10k package. Compared to a 7k membership, the cost of credits 7,001 to 10,000 is only 3.8 cents per credit in maintenance fees.

One caveat to be aware of is if you're looking to mostly take short trips with WM, it might be a little difficult. You can't book less-than-full-week stays until the 90-day mark. If you're looking to travel weekends in the summer in the Northwest, there will be little to no inventory at that point as most of it is booked at the 13-month mark.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own Hilton and WorldMark

I own both.
Both have good value as RCI traders (great trading power, good maintenance fee, great savings during last minute exchange for WM).
I use both II and RCI for worldmark.
I use WM exclusively for exchange and use Hilton for NYC stay or Hawaii stay and sometimes RCI.
Both are the most flexible points systems, you can deposit/rescue points to extend the use years, borrow the points with no fee and can use real time online reservation system.
You can get much more information about WM at www.wmowners.com
Both weeks are holding good resale value as well.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I own both.
Both have good value as RCI traders (great trading power, good maintenance fee, great savings during last minute exchange for WM).
I use both II and RCI for worldmark.
I use WM exclusively for exchange and use Hilton for NYC stay or Hawaii stay and sometimes RCI.
Both are the most flexible points systems, you can deposit/rescue points to extend the use years, borrow the points with no fee and can use real time online reservation system.
You can get much more information about WM at www.wmowners.com
Both weeks are holding good resale value as well.

You've gotten excellent advice from all 3 posters here. I definitely agree with what Yumdrey is saying here -- K2 has pointed out the short stay limitations -- and Ron is spot on regarding the ease of transferring points between owners. I used to own 25K WM credits but it was so easy to rent that I sold off 15K and now own 10K.

I use it mostly for trading because it is so powerful in both RCI and II, and I also use it for family reunions. Its a great system with good properties.

Good luck with your analysis!

Best,

Greg

Last edited: