• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Morritt's with Small Children?

Heaps

Reaction score
I have an rci trade into a 2BR unit at the Morritt's Tortuga on hold for 2/1 to 2/8/09. I would be traveling with wife, 4 year old, 20 month old, grandma, and myself (5 total). May invite another adult family member, but 6 would be the max. I can get air out of Baltimore on USAirways for under $500 per person with a stop in Charlotte and will likely rent a car with McCurleys.

I love to dive, my wife loves to lay by the pool/beach, grandma just loves to travel and see new things, and the little guys are pretty happy splashing in the pool and playing on the beach.

Few questions:

1. Are there many families at Morritt's or is it an older crowd?

2. Is there a kid's pool? Shallow pool? Pool with zero entry?

3. McCurleys - Does the rental fee cover transportation for all of us too and from the airport?

4. Are there washers and dryers in the 2br units at the Tortuga?

5. Money saving tips? I am pretty frugal (or cheap) so any money saving tips would be appreciated in reference to food/drink on the island.

Anything thing else you can think of that my be helpful is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I've been there but I'll start and am sure others will give better answers later.

1. Usually quite a number of kids mixed with an older crowd. morritts is a pretty large resort with multiple buildings and units.

2. Last time I was there most kids were at the Grand pool in front of the Grand.

5. Cayman- home of the $10 dollar hamburger. Some take food with them. We take instant oatmeal packets for breakfast for example. You can check on the latest rules for other stuff such as meats but they have to be in their original packaging with the inspection sticker. We often take a ham. However, be aware that the inspector at the airport has the final say regardless of the 'rules' and you risk losing whatever you brought with no recourse. (In-laws lost a cooler full of steaks one year.)

Jamerican71

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was last there in 2004 so can only answer some of your questions:

1. Are there many families at Morritt's or is it an older crowd?

We didn't travel with any kids but we saw lots of kids on the property. There is also a kids club and all the kids looked like they were having a good time.

2. Is there a kid's pool? Shallow pool? Pool with zero entry?

Don't remember a kids pool and there's no pool with a zero entry but all the pools have a shallow section.

3. McCurleys - Does the rental fee cover transportation for all of us too and from the airport?

???

4. Are there washers and dryers in the 2br units at the Tortuga?

We had a 2 bedroom Tortuga townhouse and it did not have a washer and dryer. Also the 2 br Grand for one night and there was no waser dryer in that unit either.

5. Money saving tips? I am pretty frugal (or cheap) so any money saving tips would be appreciated in reference to food/drink on the island.

Me too! Our cost savings included packing frozen meats in a cooler and dry goods in our luggage so we only had to buy fruits and veggies on arrival. Also went to liquor store and bought our liquor --- now it seems like it would be better to buy at the airport for duty free. We had Captain Herman come in one or two nights and cooked for us. Also took his recommendations for good local food which was not as pricey as the other great restaurants.