• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mold

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My son is living in a college-owned apartment this year with three other guys. When the first one moved in he found mold in the living room carpet. It was in just one spot. He cleaned it with elbow grease and probably carpet cleaner. Would that be good enough?
I told the guys to report it to management. It should be professionally taken care of. And maybe call state dept. of health. I know it is dangerous to breathe mold.
Or any way they can make sure it is gone? Maybe there is some in the pad. Thanks.

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Mold needs moisture to grow. Is it still moist in that area? The kind of mold that poses a real risk is Black Mold. If you were to physically touch a spot of black mold, it would feel slimy and would smear on the area. A mixture of one cup bleach to a gallon of water is usually sufficient to disinfect the area. You can apply the bleach mixture to the moldy area and leave it to saturate the area for approximately fifteen minutes. Then air it out really well to dry. You may have to get some fans to help dry it. Unless the moldy area contines to breed I wouldn't bother to call the Dept. of Health.

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is an excellent product available that prevents mold growth. But do not use bleach before using this. If bleach is used, make sure it is thoroughly rinsed away. We have used it on the inside of our windows, because we get condensation on our windows in the winter which clauses mold. So after cleaning off the mold, and letting the window edges dry we spray this substance, let it dry and it prevents mold growth.
http://www.concrobium.com/

dgdbloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't think I'd use bleach mixture on a carpet.

There may be lots more mold under that carpet-that's what needs to be tended to
I would make landlord aware of it- have him replace pad and carpet if mold found in more that that one area

If there is a moisture problem-that needs to be taken care of or mold will keep coming back

Check website for health dept in your area- some have mold info(remedies and problems caused by it)

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is an excellent product available that prevents mold growth. But do not use bleach before using this. If bleach is used, make sure it is thoroughly rinsed away. We have used it on the inside of our windows, because we get condensation on our windows in the winter which clauses mold. So after cleaning off the mold, and letting the window edges dry we spray this substance, let it dry and it prevents mold growth.
http://www.concrobium.com/

I went to the concrobium website and was not clear on whether it meant not to use bleach before or just not to use it after applying the concrobium. I can see where it could cause the product to become ineffective if used over it but not necessarily before. We sprayed a strong bleach solution on the concrete foundation wall where water had seeped in through a crack. The bleach would have evaporated/dissapated by now. DH also sealed the crack inside and out with some type of roofing tar/sealant. We are wanting to make sure we've done all we can before putting up new sheetrock and so are interested in applying the concrobium as well.

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
After re-reading the info on the site, I think it means not to use bleach after applying the concrobium.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
After re-reading the info on the site, I think it means not to use bleach after applying the concrobium.

Thanks, that's how I read it, too. Will be off to our local Ace Hardware to get some tomorrow. Thanks for the info.