• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MOD Discount with Visa?

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can you get the 35% Owner discount with Visa?

I only see the 25% MOD discount.

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good evening....

P 33 is the 35%
P34 is the 45%

think you need premier or premier plus for this!!!

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I may be totally remembering wrong- but isn't the MOD code 25% without the Visa and 35% for some properties with it, and then the other codes for 40%/45% Premiere/Premiere Plus status for enrolled members of the DC?

Last edited:

Michigan Czar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Annual, 2 x Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Odd
How can you get the 35% Owner discount with Visa?

I only see the 25% MOD discount.

This usually shows up using the MOD discount if it is available. The Visa 35% discount must be capacity controlled.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There is only one code that is for the 25% and the 35% with Visa. MOD is used. It will show both rates if available. If the 35% isn't showing when you use MOD, then it isn't available.

BarbS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used these codes to check the rates at Ko Olina for October. The P33 code is for premium plus using Marriott visa, which gives a 45% discount. The P34 code is for premium plus without using the Marriott visa, which gives a 35% discount. Does anyone know what the codes are for premium?

I'm wondering what would happen if I tried to book a unit at this rate. Would it go through or would they reject it and give me the correct rate which probably is not that much more (maybe 5%?). Does the Marriott.com website know our correct status?

good evening....

P 33 is the 35%
P34 is the 45%

think you need premier or premier plus for this!!!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I used these codes to check the rates at Ko Olina for October. The P33 code is for premium plus using Marriott visa, which gives a 45% discount. The P34 code is for premium plus without using the Marriott visa, which gives a 35% discount. Does anyone know what the codes are for premium?

I'm wondering what would happen if I tried to book a unit at this rate. Would it go through or would they reject it and give me the correct rate which probably is not that much more (maybe 5%?). Does the Marriott.com website know our correct status?

Here is the full list of codes from another thread.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1212628&postcount=46

It will be up to the front desk staff at the property at checkin to verify that you are eligible for any rate you book. So if you book a rate that you are not eligible for, they could deny it and charge you the going as of that day. I don't think they have to just re-calculate it by the 5% or 10% from what you are booked in to with the ineligible rate. They can charge you the going rate on that day, which might be much higher than the rate you booked.

Last edited:

BarbS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that link. I saved it so I won't have to ask again next time. So the discount would be 40% instead of 45%. That's still quite a savings.

Here is the full list of codes from another thread.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1212628&postcount=46

It will be up to the front desk staff at the property at checkin to verify that you are eligible for any rate you book. So if you book a rate that you are not eligible for, they could deny it and charge you the going as of that day. I don't think they have to just re-calculate it by the 5% or 10% from what you are booked in to with the ineligible rate. They can charge you the going rate on that day, which might be much higher than the rate you booked.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for posting that link. I saved it so I won't have to ask again next time. So the discount would be 40% instead of 45%. That's still quite a savings.

Yes, 45% for Premier Plus enrolled or trust owners that are using the Marriott Visa to pay for the rental.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score

Usual SOP at Marriott is that if you use a code you are not allowed to use,, your rate goes to a non-code rate.
This one is pretty easy for them to check and pretty hard for you to say you used it by mistake since the rate name that shows up and rate rules are pretty clear.

And thanks for letting me know, the three clubs I looked at did not show Visa rate, but check some others and they show up.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Just an FYI, we stayed at SW a couple weeks ago using the 45% DC-Premier-Plus-Member-with-VISA discount. When I booked it the Marriott rep told us to make sure we had our MVCI Owner and VISA cards with us at check-in because they would be used to verify our eligibility, and that's exactly what happened. The rep took the cards and verified in the system that we were enrolled in the DC and were Premier Plus members. He said if we didn't have the cards and the system didn't verify our DC status, he'd have to charge us the rack rate.

Others might be willing to take the risk but I wouldn't chance it.

The other thing I find interesting, is that when I booked the stay I asked the rep for the specific rate and had to explain to her where I learned about it (in the latest MVCI Insider email) so she could look it up. Mine was her first time booking it; she said she found it eventually in a list but the codes themselves aren't meant to be released. In fact the codes weren't included in the Insider email which says you must call in to book it, and the phone rep wouldn't tell me the code when she did book it.

I guess I think about this the same way that flyertalk regulars feel about releasing certain restricted discount codes on the web. That site has an ongoing thread, "List of publicly usable Marriott reservation codes," and flyertalk members agree that not all codes should be included. The cat's out of the bag now so it's too late for TUG to implement something similar, but I'll admit I wish we did have such a policy on TUG and agreed as a group to abide by it. And I've gotten a couple (unsolicited) private messages from other TUGgers who agree that the DC-related codes shouldn't have been posted here. :shrug:

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon...

I was asked not to post it....

Another TUGger let the cat out.... So I decided to help the OP....

I think they should check at the desk to verify membership.....

BarbS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know your personal experience with using the discount rate. It appears that you can book these rates yourself on Marriott.com, which is always much easier IMO, especially if you have to explain something to an uninformed representative.

We may be going to a convention in Hawaii in October and was just checking to see what available options we have for booking some extra nights in Hawaii during that time. I would only use the discount we are entitled to. I just wondered what would happen if you put in the incorrect code.

Just an FYI, we stayed at SW a couple weeks ago using the 45% DC-Premier-Plus-Member-with-VISA discount. When I booked it the Marriott rep told us to make sure we had our MVCI Owner and VISA cards with us at check-in because they would be used to verify our eligibility, and that's exactly what happened. The rep took the cards and verified in the system that we were enrolled in the DC and were Premier Plus members. He said if we didn't have the cards and the system didn't verify our DC status, he'd have to charge us the rack rate.

Others might be willing to take the risk but I wouldn't chance it.

The other thing I find interesting, is that when I booked the stay I asked the rep for the specific rate and had to explain to her where I learned about it (in the latest MVCI Insider email) so she could look it up. Mine was her first time booking it; she said she found it eventually in a list but the codes themselves aren't meant to be released. In fact the codes weren't included in the Insider email which says you must call in to book it, and the phone rep wouldn't tell me the code when she did book it.

I guess I think about this the same way that flyertalk regulars feel about releasing certain restricted discount codes on the web. That site has an ongoing thread, "List of publicly usable Marriott reservation codes," and flyertalk members agree that not all codes should be included. The cat's out of the bag now so it's too late for TUG to implement something similar, but I'll admit I wish we did have such a policy on TUG and agreed as a group to abide by it. And I've gotten a couple (unsolicited) private messages from other TUGgers who agree that the DC-related codes shouldn't have been posted here. :shrug:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

Not sure I really agree with the codes not being made available. The MOD code certainly isn't a publicly available rate, and it has been made available countless times in the forum.

While I am not Premier or Premier Plus, I compiled the codes in one place since it makes it much easier for those who are eligible to book these rates through Marriott.com. People have been complaining since day one of no online DC reservation ability and the same is probably true of these discounts. Do you really want to have to call a VOA every time to get these rates just because you might worry that someone who isn't eligible might book with them?

It isn't up to us to police the use of these codes. It is up to the properties to make sure that only those eligible to use them are doing so.

Remember, the forum is about sharing information that is a benefit to owners. While these discounts are really only available to 25% of all enrolled/DC owners, I would say a large proportion of people in the forum qualifies for the rates.

Last edited:

crjask

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree

Not sure I really agree with the codes not being made available. The MOD code certainly isn't a publicly available rate, and it has been made available countless times in the forum.

When I received the Insiders email, I called MVCI to change a reservation I had at Beachplace (from Marriott.com) to the premier discount rate. It saved me $15 per night. The call took about 15 minutes.
Since the code was published here, I have made 2 additional reservations using it on-line. Much easier and quicker.
This weekend I will be checking in at MMC using it for the first time. The Rate Rules make it clear that I need my owners card and Visa. It is the resort's responsibility to monitor the rate used. I expect all will be well as I am eligible for the discount and it is sooooo much easier to do it on-line.

This forum is all about sharing information. It works!

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
The general rule is that if it is a code you would have no business having unless you should know it then, then don't post
(Such as a specific company code, Friend and Family, Agent etc....)
Especially since those cards are hard to verify.

But these are codes that members of this groups will have members who should qualify or might want to know what the discount is if they purchase.
Since these are know to be verified by Marriott, no harm in posting since no one will be able to use them who can't.

But being able to look at rates online and after hours is a big deal.
Especially since the odds of the reservation agent knowing them is small and will cut down the wait time for the rest if us since it removes people from having to call.