• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MOD code still working?

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello I am looking for several nights in November 2016 a couple of weeks prior to Thanksgiving looking to stay somewhere warm! Looked at Orlando, Phoenix and Cali but so far nothing is available using the MOD code. Does this code still work? Thanks.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
From the points Sticky....

Discounts for cash stays at the MVCI resorts (and very infrequently, at certain of the Marriott hotels/resorts) are capacity-controlled and based on ownership status:

Presidential and Chairman's Club Members - 35% off (code "2VC")
Executive Members - 30% off (code "6VC")
Owners and Select Members - 25% off (code "7VC")

*MVW has clarified for TUG (see this post) that the Chase Marriott VISA 10% discount component is no longer available: "The Owner’s Discount can no longer be combined with any other discounts or offers."

*When checking availability on marriott.com, enter the appropriate code in the "Corporate/promotional code" box under "Special Rates."

*Owners/Members may also book cash nights through their my-vacationclub.com accounts. Click on "Explore the Marriott Vacation Club Resorts" in the "Plan and Book My Vacation" dropdown menu, then click on the "Rent More Nights" link in the column on the right. On the next page the field will be auto-populated with the appropriate code.

*Note the confirmations for stays using these discounts indicate that at check-in the certain eligibility will be verified. If unable to verify eligibility the cost for the stay may revert to rack rates.

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks I just know in the past I was able to get a 35% MOD discount in Orlando pretty easily. This is the first year nothing came up.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Thanks I just know in the past I was able to get a 35% MOD discount in Orlando pretty easily. This is the first year nothing came up.

Try the 7VC code. I don't believe the MOD is still active.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I see that it is mentioned in Fasttr's post from the FAQ, but it is important to note that there is no longer a 10% add on with the Marriott Visa. So the only way you can get 35% off is if you are Presidential or Chairman's Club.