• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MOC 2 bedroom

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you got exchange for MOC 2 bedroom/3bath, what kind of view would you expect?
Is there lots of bad views in the older units?

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've exchanged into Hawaii Marriotts numerous times and I almost always get the view that was actually deposited with II. However, it's usually one of the worst views in that category....ocean view, but one on a lower floor, mountain view, facing the parking, etc. The Marriotts don't have to give you ocean view, even if that was what was deposited with II. No views are guaranteed on an exchange.

I think you're worrying too much about the view! There's nothing you can do about it, the resort will put you where they want. As an exchanger in Hawaii I take what I get and I'm just happy to be there. I exchange in for far less $$ than the owners pay for MF, so I don't complain about the view I'm given.

I've had some great ocean view units and other times I've had mountain views that faced a parking lot. If you really need to see the ocean, head to the pool or beach and enjoy the view there.

It's a great resort and it's Maui! You'll love it!

sdtugger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really don't think there is a "bad" view at MOC in the old or new units. The worst views in the place look at gardens or the golf course. I've never seen a "dumpster" view or a parking lot view at MOC. Some of the island views do look out on the small road where the valet does park some cars, but they also look out at the golf course and mountains.

I have also always received the same view that was traded in by the owner. I've been on the bottom ocean view floor, a middle ocean view floor, and once the top ocean view floor all on exchange.

But, LAX Mom is right, you will receive whatever they give you and there isn't much you can do to change it because they are almost always near capacity and they have a clear pecking order for unit assignment.

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
As for view, I would like a nice view since it's my parents special vacation.
But more importantly the exchange is not exact days that I wanted. I will be sacrificing few days (staying at hotel) if I do accept the exchange. Just weighing the option if it's worth it if another TS offers ocean view for exact dates that I wanted although quality and brand isn't as good as Marriott.

Last edited:

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
As for view, I would like a nice view since it's my parents special vacation.
But more importantly the exchange is not exact days that I wanted. I will be sacrificing few days (staying at hotel) if I do accept the exchange. Just weighing the option if it's worth it if another TS offers ocean view for exact dates that I wanted although quality and brand isn't as good as Marriott.

In this situation your first concern should be in getting the dates you need for this trip. But I would definitely stay in the Marriott in an island/mountain view unit over another timeshare that doesn't offer the same "quality & brand".

I've had island view units (several times at Ko'Olina & once at the Maui Marriott Lahaina towers) and it's not that bad! You're still in Hawaii and at a resort that's right on the beach.

Anyway, you never know until you arrive what unit you'll get. You might think you've got an ocean view, and once you arrive they'll put you in mountain view, or an ocean view on a low floor, blocked by trees.

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then I will cancel my 2 bedroom at Marriott Maui. I think my date is off by 2 nights....
I guess I will be taking another gamble.
Hope the right dates come available.