• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MIA Tuggers

jbiza

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are many MIA Tuggers who are not posting on this website but still enjoy reading the many various TUG threads on this website daily.

I concur with this as I STILL enjoy & learn from the incredible information across the board the variety of persons that post & share on TUG. It´s pretty awesome when you think about it.

So, like a submarine, I prefer to keep a a low profile approach but surface from time to time.:hi:

Some of us may be kinda shy also... ;)

Last edited:

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I concur with this as I STILL enjoy & learn from the incredible information across the board the variety of persons that post on TUG share. it´s pretty awesome when you think about.

So, like a submarine, I prefer to keep a a low profile approach but surface from time to time.:hi:

Some of us may be kinda shy also ;)

I know I try to fight one of my foibles that keeps me from posting a lot. I always feel that even if I know the answer to someones question there are people here who know a lot more than I do. I am reluctant to post knowing that some one else could do it better. The problem is that the expert may or may not see it or have time to give a detailed response. So I try to post and if my info is limited the true experts will come behind and fill in or correct any of my rare (of course;)) mistakes.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I still check TUG-BBS a few times just about every day, & most days I send in 1 more installment in the long-running Song Of The Day series.

Even so, I don't type stuff on TUG-BBS as much as I did back in my timeshare heyday, when I thought I was on the verge of mastering timeshare vacationing, when I received friendship & encouragement from the late John Chase (R.I.P.), & before The Chief Of Staff & I seriously downsized our timeshare ownership & involvement.

Not only that, the FaceBook folks have started up timeshare groups, which I also look at & participate in now & then.

Plus, the Mox Nix Blog has been revived (mostly as an internet site for Fairfax Band concert program notes).

Mainly, I have decided that I don't have as much timeshare wisdom to offer as I once imagined I did, & for sure lots less than the many TUG-BBS people who truly do know a thing or 2 about timeshares & timesharing.

On top of all that, I am hard-core old folks now, slowing down on just about every level. By contrast, back when The Chief Of Staff & I got into timeshares (& when we shortly thereafter discovered TUG & TUG-BBS), I was merely late, late middle age.

Times change. People change. Nothing stays the same. Some things are lost. Others are gained.

Is this a great country or what ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
I still check TUG-BBS a few times just about every day, & most days I send in 1 more installment in the long-running Song Of The Day series.

Even so, I don't type stuff on TUG-BBS as much as I did back in my timeshare heyday, when I thought I was on the verge of mastering timeshare vacationing, when I received friendship & encouragement from the late John Chase (R.I.P.), & before The Chief Of Staff & I seriously downsized our timeshare ownership & involvement.

Not only that, the FaceBook folks have started up timeshare groups, which I also look at & participate in now & then.

Plus, the Mox Nix Blog has been revived (mostly as an internet site for Fairfax Band concert program notes).

Mainly, I have decided that I don't have as much timeshare wisdom to offer as I once imagined I did, & for sure lots less than the many TUG-BBS people who truly do know a thing or 2 about timeshares & timesharing.

On top of all that, I am hard-core old folks now, slowing down on just about every level. By contrast, back when The Chief Of Staff & I got into timeshares (& when we shortly thereafter discovered TUG & TUG-BBS), I was merely late, late middle age.

Times change. People change. Nothing stays the same. Some things are lost. Others are gained.

Hi Alan,

Do you still have your place in Rehobooth, Delaware?

Best regards,

Richard

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Do you still have your place in Rehobooth, Delaware?
Yes -- still have it. It's not much of a place, however -- just a rented postage-stamp-size lot in a small campground (147 sites) on the back side of Rehoboth Bay where our dinky non-traveling travel trailer is parked & hooked up to power & water & sewer.

I missed Trailer Roulette this year (the park's annual site selection activity), because of a head-on schedule conflict caused by 1 rehearsal & 1 performance of the Cathedral Brass Of Vienna VA. (I played Horn 4 & announced the tunes.) But the family was represented anyway at the Delaware event by The Chief Of Staff, who went there on her own this year. She did not pick a new site, so our dinky non-traveling travel trailer is staying put for at least 1 more year.

By missing out on Trailer Roulette, I also missed out on major serious tax-free shopping, which The Chief Of Staff indulged to a fare-thee-well that weekend. She came home with so many bargains that they practically filled up the station wagon, which I cooperatively unloaded for her when she got home.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes -- still have it. It's not much of a place, however -- just a rented postage-stamp-size lot in a small campground (147 sites) on the back side of Rehoboth Bay where our dinky non-traveling travel trailer is parked & hooked up to power & water & sewer.

I missed Trailer Roulette this year (the park's annual site selection activity), because of a head-on schedule conflict caused by 1 rehearsal & 1 performance of the Cathedral Brass Of Vienna VA. (I played Horn 4 & announced the tunes.) But the family was represented anyway at the Delaware event by The Chief Of Staff, who went there on her own this year. She did not pick a new site, so our dinky non-traveling travel trailer is staying put for at least 1 more year.

By missing out on Trailer Roulette, I also missed out on major serious tax-free shopping, which The Chief Of Staff indulged to a fare-thee-well that weekend. She came home with so many bargains that they practically filled up the station wagon, which I cooperatively unloaded for her when she got home.

There is a couple here from Delaware that own sandwich or sub shops that are supposedly quite famous in the state.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
There is a couple here from Delaware that own sandwich or sub shops that are supposedly quite famous in the state.
Casapulla's & Casapulla's South ?

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Casapulla's & Casapulla's South ?

When I was a kid I lived a block from the original Casapulla's in Elsmere. I remember seeing the owners most days as I popped in to spend my pennies.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).

I have enjoyed your posts for a very long time and still enjoy them as much as the first time I read one! You offer a great deal of information and your posts are a pleasure to read! I get a kick out of the "Chief of Staff" designation. Looking forward to reading posts from you for many more years to come!

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
This thread has been largely derailed from its "MIA Tuggers" intended topic

Reminder -- our forum software has provisions for private direct communication between individual users called "Conversations". Please use this instead of entering public posts that are not on-topic for their thread.

If you need help see: How do I send a private message to another TUGBBS user?