• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MGO Status

sportsfan1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know current status of Marriott Grand Ocean? We are considering a stay in mid-June, but I have no idea what the current resort status is at this point. I'm going to assume that it won't be any worse than it is at this moment in mid to late June...

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
it's closed to new reservations through May 21. very limited amentities, meaning no pool
Marriott posts frequent updates here

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know current status of Marriott Grand Ocean? We are considering a stay in mid-June, but I have no idea what the current resort status is at this point. I'm going to assume that it won't be any worse than it is at this moment in mid to late June...
If you go to the Marriott vacation club site and click on the covid info you will find a link to all the resort status.
Not sure if this link will work

In case it didn’t for MGO right now is says it is open for owners and exchangers through 5/21 and beach services, bike rentals, pool chairs and pool bat and grill are open with social distancing required.
Everything else is closed including pool, fitness, activities, BBQ, sports courts and playgrounds, etc.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
it's closed to new reservations through May 21. very limited amentities, meaning no pool
Marriott posts frequent updates here
They are a little slow on updates sometimes (a few days), but otherwise this is a great resource.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Not MGO in particular but S.C. governor has said pools can reopen statewide on 5/18.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Confirmed definitive pool opening at Grande Ocean for May 27, "if not sooner", per front desk as of yesterday, May 15.
They suspect sooner but it's speculation. That will include the three major pools.
Rest of amenities might be somewhat limited, but not yet determined.

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called and asked what is happening since we have plans coming up soon. The beaches are open and you can bring your chairs and umbrellas; however social distancing is expected.

2 of the pools are opening next week. Social distancing will be practiced at the pools also..fewer people will be using the pools. I didn’t ask but I’m assuming they removed quite a few chairs.

No organized activities yet. The bar and grill were never closed.

I also listened to the mayor and the town council on YouTube....It’s clear that Hilton head doesn’t want to miss out on memorial day weekend which is the start of the high season.

Restaurants will be at 50%.

It’s baby turtle season also, so no big holes on the beach and fill them in before yOu leave. :)

I can’t wait...so tired of quarantine...need to travel...:cool::giggle: