• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MEN

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
IMHO, a better answer would have been:

"Find a good divorce attorney. Ask around. Almost everyone you know, from your mechanic to your hair dresser, will know one or have a relative who used one. With a good settlement, you'll be able to buy a new car."

An even better answer would have been, "Get rid of the P*O*S."

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
An even better answer would have been, "Get rid of the P*O*S."

Just because it stalled out, doesn't mean it's a P.O.S. For all we know, the car could be back on the road for less than $50 in repairs. :shrug:

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just because it stalled out, doesn't mean it's a P.O.S. For all we know, the car could be back on the road for less than $50 in repairs. :shrug:

I think she was advocating the "demise" of the husband - not the car? :p

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
The husband was the reason the car stalled? I'm not sure i'm getting your logic here...

Ride - I was trying to explain Sues logic - I understood the problem from the start.

The car just needs towed over to John's shop and repaired.

geekette

Reaction score
The husband was the reason the car stalled? I'm not sure i'm getting your logic here...

Of course. If he were tinkering with the car instead of screwing with the neighbor girl, the wife would never have had to hoof it back to the house. Clearly it's the man's fault.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
After reading the responses by female TUGgers I realize that I have been in error in assigning blame for this. I think the husband shares at least part of the blame for not ensuring that the wife was getting the car to the mechanic for regular repair and maintenance. So maybe both parties are at fault here.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course. If he were tinkering with the car instead of screwing with the neighbor girl, the wife would never have had to hoof it back to the house. Clearly it's the man's fault.

Thats a good point...You know another point...When i was in high school i had an old Chevy Beretta that seemed to stall out whenever i had move then 4 people in the back seat....

There is a good chance, this could answer both questions, why the 19yr old and why the car stalled

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think we have gone off of the point of the article; "Why men shouldn't write advice columns".

I think men shouldn't write columns because too many women will say they shouldn't write columns.

I mean look at poor John - he gave perfectly good advice and yet they TITLE the column "why men shouldn't write advice columns".

Poor guy :p

geekette

Reaction score
After reading the responses by female TUGgers I realize that I have been in error in assigning blame for this. I think the husband shares at least part of the blame for not ensuring that the wife was getting the car to the mechanic for regular repair and maintenance. So maybe both parties are at fault here.

If the man has no day job, I would think he's the one that should take the car for servicing and wife can drive his car that day. But I can understand the difficulty in running errands while one's own chassis is being serviced.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I hope so, because she has new shoes to buy.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the man has no day job, I would think he's the one that should take the car for servicing and wife can drive his car that day. But I can understand the difficulty in running errands while one's own chassis is being serviced.

Yea I agree that the husband was a dumb bunny to not keep his wife's car in better shape - especially if he was going to get his own chassis serviced that day. :cool:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Chassis? I thought it was his fuel pump?

(Oh, btw. BWHAHAHAHAHA!!! You made me laugh right out loud!)

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Maybe he's a railroad worker and forgot whose caboose he was supposed to take care of????

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe he's a railroad worker and forgot whose caboose he was supposed to take care of????

Sure, I can see it. It's like that old joke - "What did the freight car say to the other freight car?" "You've seen one caboose, you've seen 'em all."

<thud>

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I hope so, because she has new shoes to buy.
from Romancing the Stone, after Michael Douglas machetes the heels off her shoes:

Joan Wilder: Those were Italian!!!!
Jack Colton: Now they're practical.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I follow - are you suggesting Dr. Phil would only focus on the initial automotive issue like John so wisely did?

If so I think you are showing a reverse sexist streak - assuming that all men would be that wise.

:p

Heavens no! I'm referring to the headline of the newspaper column, "Why Men Shouldn't Write Advice Columns"

The only sexism implied (or actually quite clearly stated!) is in that headline!

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yea I agree that the husband was a dumb bunny to not keep his wife's car in better shape - especially if he was going to get his own chassis serviced that day. :cool:

Wouldn't "dumb bunny" better apply to the 19 year old?

L

laurac260

Bob and Tom did this same bit on their radio show many years ago. I think it was their character, "Mr. Obvious" or something like that, only it was the husband who caught the wife in bed with someone. I have it on a 20 year old "Best of Bob and Tom" cassette tape, somewhere in a shoe box in my closet.

It's an oldie but a goodie!

Last edited by a moderator:

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bob and Tom did this same bit on their radio show many years ago. I think it was their character, "Mr. Obvious" or something like that, only it was the husband who caught the wife in bed with someone. I have it on a 20 year old "Best of Bob and Tom" cassette tape, somewhere in a shoe box in my closet.

It's an oldie but a goodie!

This is getting more complicated - so who was with the neighbor's daughter, Bob or Tom?