• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui trade question

jstoeber

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Surf Club, Ko Olina, Ocean Pointe
I was recently confirmed through II for a trade of my master suite 1 BR lock-off portion in KoOlina for what is supposed to be a comparable unit at Maui Ocean Club. I understand there are 2 new buildings in Maui and we would really like to be in one of them (Lahaina wing?)
My question: I can't tell from the reservation what exactly we got in trade.
It's listed as:
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club • MMO
Unit: ISVW (1 bedroom)

Is this a 1 BR master suite with kitchen? Is the building randomly assigned, or can specific building requests be made? If so , to whom and when?

Thanks in advance...I'm still learning!

sdtugger

TUG Member
Reaction score
MMO is the original buildings. I'm not positive, but I believe you were given an island view 1 bedroom. I know by personal experience that the ocean view units have "OV" somewhere in the 4 letter code.

Your unit will have a mini-kitchen with a 1/2 size fridge, sink, dishwasher, microwave, and all of the dishes, etc. It is perfect for us as we only eat breakfast and lunch in the unit. The biggest plus to the original section is that you will have 2 full bathrooms with your 1 bedroom. Your 1 bedroom started life as two separte hotel rooms. As a result, the living room/kitchen portion still has a full bath with shower, full lanai, etc. We love that part of these units.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
II lists them as two different resorts:

Marriott's Maui Lahaina & Napili Villas
MM1
Lahaina , HI , USA Resort Details & Photos

Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
MMO
Lahaina , HI , USA Resort Details & Photos

It sounds like you are in the old buildings without full kitchens. Note the difference in resort code "MM1" for the new towers and "MMO" for the older units.

You should also be able to tell by your confirmation, if it shows a full kitchen or not. Also, in the older units you would have two baths with the 1 bedroom unit.

There is an 8 digit number starting with an "8" that is your Marriott reservation number. If you call Marriott res, they can tell you what type of unit you have. I would guess "ISVW" stands for island view.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
No Need to Call Marriott Res - Go to Marriott.com

You can go to marriott.com.
Click on "Upcoming Reservations" then enter the number and your last name.
If you sign in, it will also let you add your Marriott number to the reservation so it will show up in your list.

After that you can view details on the reservation.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You're right, you can check your unit on www.Marriott.com however it takes a few days before the res number matches your name. If the OP is trying to decide whether to keep this unit in the first 24 hours, he can only get this info from Marriott reservations.

I find it usually takes a few days before my name matches the res number online. By then it's too late to cancel with II without penalty.

calberry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge, Lake Tahoe (2 weeks)
Marriott Ko Olina, Oahu, Hi. EOY
UVC, Villa del Arco, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.EOY
We have a 'deposit first' request with II for a 1BR at several Marriott locations in Hawaii for multiple time periods beginnnig a year from now. We received a phone call the other day from II saying they had a match but needed for us to be aware of a couple of things before they issued a confirmation. He said it was a 1BR at M.O.C., but in the original bldg. As such it therefore did not have a 'full' kitchen (sounds like it basically lacked a cook-top and had a smaller frig). The other thing he brought up was additional Hawaii taxes that needed to be paid on top of the transaction fee (no big deal in the scope of things).

Although we enjoy going out to dinner now and then (especially at Whaler's Villagae and Lahaina!), we do prefer to have quiet dinners alone on our lanai, so we opted to wait for a full kitchen unit to come available and passed on this unit.

Steve