• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Tour Discounts

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to get discounts on MAui tours wihtout a timeshare presentation.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Is there any way to get discounts on MAui tours wihtout a timeshare presentation.

This summer I found discounts few and far between - what tours are you interested in?

In the past I've had good luck for discounts with -

The Hawaii Entertainment Book

HawaiiSavers Card

The A3H Gold Card - especially their 50% off offers at noon on the first of each month.

You really need to know what you want to do, before you can know if any of these deals will help you or not.

Last edited:

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
We found that buying direct online from the Luau,ziplining and helicopter companies offered the same discount as through the links mentioned. Be aware you need to buy a fixed number of days ahead.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the 3Ah gold card- do you lnow if you buy the 50% off tickets will the vendors accept the tickets on any date you request, There are a couple of boat trips avaible I would be interested in.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I was looking at the 3Ah gold card- do you lnow if you buy the 50% off tickets will the vendors accept the tickets on any date you request, There are a couple of boat trips avaible I would be interested in.

Yes, they do, within one year of booking, and based on availability so don't wait til the last minute to call and book. The key is getting the vouchers. You have to be online at exactly noon Hawaii time the first of each month and have very quick fingers.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We found that buying direct online from the Luau,ziplining and helicopter companies offered the same discount as through the links mentioned. Be aware you need to buy a fixed number of days ahead.

So you got 50% off and 2-for-1 for a luau, zipline, and helicopter tour? That's a great deal - can you please tell us which ones?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

If there are any limits, they are listed on the webpage. For instance, some tours will only accept a set number of vouchers per trip. Once you get the vouchers, you will want to make your reservations right away to make sure the dates you want doesn't fill up. Don't wait until you get to Hawaii.

To get the 50% off tickets, you have to be on the website with your finger ready to hit the "buy button" at exactly 3:00 pm PT - which is noon in Hawaii. The 50% tickets go in seconds.

Last edited:

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Sorry Denise let me clarify that I was talking about discount card pricing versus direct venue pricing not ther 50% offer you mentioned of which you need to call/book on a certain day and at which you are the Hawaii expert.

I did compare the sites mentioned for Maui versus the tours we were interested in directly through the venue and it was cheaper or about the same so for us it was not worth buying the cards. There was nothing in the Entertainment book which is why I did not buy it most of the discounts were for The Big Island. AH3 and Hawaii savers were no better than buying direct through the vendor for the tours that we were interested in plus you had to pay a fee for the card.

I was told by many Tuggers that you need to book some tours like zipline and the luau before you even fly there. The zipline tours for Haleakala were booked solid 6-8 weeks out so we had to book the newer more expensive Ka'anapali one and still many dates were booked. I did not want to wait for a potential last minute cancellation when flying from the east coast and miss the experience.

We booked Blue Hawaiian Eco Copter complete island tour online. Cheaper than the brochure price. The largest discount is online 5 days ahead which means you need to call 6 days ahead not on the 5th day as we soon found out. We saved a lot by doing so close to $200.

We stayed at the beautiful Westin Ka'anapali and did attend a presentation something we rarely do. We chose the points credit over the $75.00 credit as for us it was a better value as Starwood members.

Last edited:

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know when we stayed in Maui last year, LTC offered fairly good discounts on activities and tours through them. They however required you attend a TS presentation down the road from where we stayed (Gardens of West Maui) and at that presentation they were selling Tahitti Village in Vegas. As it turns out, LTC is a division of Consolidated Resorts. Now we own at GWM and one big stipulaiton of LTC/Consolidated is they don't offer the presentation = discount to resale owners, so we're done with LTC.

I noticed several other places had kiosks operated by Expedia. Anyone know if these are independent of the resorts and if there are deals to be had with them? I expect we know enough to book our own activities with the vendor direct, but we certainly appreciated the discounts last time.

mrmarty91

TUG Member
Reaction score
A3H Discount 50% off tickets

I was lucky enough to get two tickets for Trilogy's Lanai trip. I got them on the first of April and used them in July. Just so you know, you do have to be online at EXACTLY noon Hawaii time. I got my tickets and looked at availability afterwards and there was none. The time was 12:02 Hawaii time.

The $30 investment in the card saved me over $200 on the Trilogy trip alone (we also got discounted tickets for our children for the trip).