• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Schooner Layout

JulieJulie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai
Does anyone have a layout map for Maui Schooner? I tried to find it online but was unable. We exchanged into it for November and I emailed them and was told we were booked into B309. I'm just wondering where in the complex that is and whether it would be oceanview or not.

Thank you!

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Does anyone have a layout map for Maui Schooner? I tried to find it online but was unable. We exchanged into it for November and I emailed them and was told we were booked into B309. I'm just wondering where in the complex that is and whether it would be oceanview or not.

Thank you!

You should be able to see the ocean from that unit. I may have a map somewhere. I stayed in a unit close to that also so I may have a few pictures. I’ll take a look and repost.

JulieJulie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai
You should be able to see the ocean from that unit. I may have a map somewhere. I stayed in a unit close to that also so I may have a few pictures. I’ll take a look and repost.

Do you know if they will allow you to change units if you request? My preference would be for ground floor but it sounds like a lot of those aren't ocean view. If you have a map I would love to see it!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
If they have availability they would probably allow you to change. Yes, you will be overlooking the pool and will not be able to see the ocean from the ground floor.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
My preference would be for ground floor but it sounds like a lot of those aren't ocean view.

The views from the ground floor of B building is the landscaping, which can be rather tall, or the swimming pool. if you want to see the ocean, the third floor is about as good as you can do.

Here's a map I found online. The angled section to the left is the third floor of the building on the right. B309 is the fifth unit from the bottom end. This should give a nice ocean view.

sitemap-sm.jpg

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here’s a video of our view from B305. Yours would be 4 units to the left in this video. It’s a nice view.

JulieJulie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai
The views from the ground floor of B building is the landscaping, which can be rather tall, or the swimming pool. if you want to see the ocean, the third floor is about as good as you can do.

Here's a map I found online. The angled section to the left is the third floor of the building on the right. B309 is the fifth unit from the bottom end. This should give a nice ocean view.

View attachment 35360

Dave
This is perfect! Thank you!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It looks like B309 is set back further than B308 - do you know if that blocks the view?

If it does block the view, it won't be by much. The ocean itself is at an angle - basically to the right of Building A, and over about as far as the upper right corner of the map image. So you'd be looking basically over the pool to see the ocean. This screen cap is captured from @slip's video, and shows the edge of Building A, as much open space as there is of the ocean, and the adjacent property to the right. So that slice is all the ocean view there is. Your B309 unit is to the right of where @slip is standing, so you'd have a shade more view, but honestly, not very much more. There isn't that much to be seen from Building B.

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 4.28.38 PM.png

Dave

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a map from our stay 2 years ago

Attachments

• Maui Schooner Resort layout.pdf
    441.3 KB · Views: 74

JulieJulie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai
Thanks everyone! I called and put a request in for building A just in case but either way I think it will be a good trip!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks everyone! I called and put a request in for building A just in case but either way I think it will be a good trip!

I was told A Building was “for owners only.” When we stayed in B building, we would have had a decent view, except the palm tree right in front of our unit was just tall enough that the fronds completely blocked our view. We made the most of it by walking around A building, and down to the beach. It’s not far, and is a nice walk. Lots a great sunsets seen from that beach.

Dave

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told A Building was “for owners only.”
Dave

Early last month, there was a 1BR available to exchange into for a couple weeks later - basically a last min exchange. The exchange guide actually told me it was for unit A403 - 4th floor centre of building A - which would have been absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, we couldn't find a way to make it work. So some exchanger got a grade A view!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Early last month, there was a 1BR available to exchange into for a couple weeks later - basically a last min exchange. The exchange guide actually told me it was for unit A403 - 4th floor centre of building A - which would have been absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, we couldn't find a way to make it work. So some exchanger got a grade A view!

Yes, that was actually my week. I had to go to Maui for work shortly before that and I didn’t feel like going through the test ordeal again, plus my wife thought it would be best if we moved the date. So we grabbed a week in August. We ended out in the B building for that week but we are fine with that.

Of course, now for inter-island travel we don’t have to worry about the test since we have been vaccinated in Hawaii.

We haven’t been to the Schooner in a couple years so we are looking forward to it.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We had room B209 for two weeks. The wall sticks out a bit but doesn't block any view other than building A. There is a small bit of ocean view between the buildings and over the pool. We tried to get building A but was told that those units are reserved 18 months out or are actually fixed deeds. Regarding sunset we always walked to the beach edge of the park and sat on the Tommy Bahama chairs that were in our closet.

Bill

JulieJulie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai
Yes, that was actually my week. I had to go to Maui for work shortly before that and I didn’t feel like going through the test ordeal again, plus my wife thought it would be best if we moved the date. So we grabbed a week in August. We ended out in the B building for that week but we are fine with that.

Of course, now for inter-island travel we don’t have to worry about the test since we have been vaccinated in Hawaii.

We haven’t been to the Schooner in a couple years so we are looking forward to it.

Hi Slip, we are heading back to the Maui Schooner in a few weeks and have been assigned B313 this time. I see that is the unit farthest from the ocean. Have you ever stayed in that one to know if there is any ocean view?

I'm also curious - it looks like you own at the Maui Schooner. When you book your timeshare week do you get to book the unit you want? We own at Pono Kai and can request any unit we want exactly one year ahead of time and can always get a 2 bedroom oceanfront no problem. I saw a Maui Schooner unit for resale the other day and was wondering if it worked the same way as that would make it more appealing for us. Any issues you have come across owning there?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Slip, we are heading back to the Maui Schooner in a few weeks and have been assigned B313 this time. I see that is the unit farthest from the ocean. Have you ever stayed in that one to know if there is any ocean view?

I'm also curious - it looks like you own at the Maui Schooner. When you book your timeshare week do you get to book the unit you want? We own at Pono Kai and can request any unit we want exactly one year ahead of time and can always get a 2 bedroom oceanfront no problem. I saw a Maui Schooner unit for resale the other day and was wondering if it worked the same way as that would make it more appealing for us. Any issues you have come across owning there?

You should be able to see the ocean there but not as much as the middle of the B building. We never have stayed that far over in the B building.

Yes, we own 2 weeks there. I love the way Pono Kai handles room assignments. You see what's available right away when you call.

You can book a unit with the Maui Schooner also. You can even do it online there. The dates come up and the avaliable units show right there.

For me the 18 months out is a long time and it is harder for me to remember to book. Maybe I am just more used to Pono Kai's one year in advance though.

You will have to be on it right away at 18 months though especially during the winter months (whale season). Mostly because there aren't as many units like the Pono Kai.

Now that we live here and have an ocean view everyday, it's not as big of a deal anymore but we still have always gotten at least an ocean view at the Schooner. We are always ocean front at the Pono Kai.

We love our Maui Schooner ownership and they have done a great job there keeping it updated and still keeping the maintenance fees reasonable.

Let me know of you have other questions.

JulieJulie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai
You should be able to see the ocean there but not as much as the middle of the B building. We never have stayed that far over in the B building.

Yes, we own 2 weeks there. I love the way Pono Kai handles room assignments. You see what's available right away when you call.

You can boom a unit with the Maui Schooner Also. You can even do it online there. The dates come up and the avaliable units show right there.

For me the 18 months out is a long time and it is harder for me to remember to book. Maybe I am just more used to Pono Kai's one year in advance though.

You will have to be on it right away at 18 months though especially during the winter months (whale season). Mostly because there aren't as many units like the Pono Kai.

Now that we live here and have an ocean view everyday, it's not as big of a deal anymore but we still have always gotten at least an ocean view at the Schooner. We are always ocean front at the Pono Kai.

We love our Maui Schooner ownership and they have done a great job there keeping it updated and still keeping the maintenance fees reasonable.

Let me know of you have other questions.

Thanks for the info. Do you by chance have a map that shows the units that are timeshare units you can book? If you prepared a year and a half ahead of time can you usually get a 2 bedroom in the A building?

We were in B309 last time and it was ocean view so maybe I will try to put in a request to be moved closer to the ocean but still on the third floor if something opens up.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the info. Do you by chance have a map that shows the units that are timeshare units you can book? If you prepared a year and a half ahead of time can you usually get a 2 bedroom in the A building?

We were in B309 last time and it was ocean view so maybe I will try to put in a request to be moved closer to the ocean but still on the third floor if something opens up.

Unfortunately, I don't for the Maui Schooner. I do have that for the Pono Kai. The good thing is, that once you sign in to look, you see what's available and then you can check your resort map.

I would think so but you better be on right at 18 months to get that 2 bedroom in the A building.