• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Bay Villas

jsparents

Reaction score
I just returned sort of (July 21-25) from Maui Bay Villas. Wanted to give some info, but did not want to hijack a previous thread https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/maui-bay-villas-impressions.365347/

I have some photos and other info to share as well.

We stayed at Grand Wailea on July 20 on a HH reward. Was going to extend a 2nd night, but at a $1000 a night I changed my mind. Grand Wailea is beautiful and was enjoyable. We were upgraded from a parking structure view to a garden view that actually had a partial ocean view. I'll take it. Pools were not very crowded, but it was still difficult to find loungers. Can't image another 100-150 people in the pool. Wonder where they would sit. The pool picture below was taken at 12:39pm so you can see how few people there were in it.

IMG_6290.JPG
IMG_6291.JPG
IMG_6322.JPG

jsparents

Reaction score
We arrived at Maui Bay Villas at about 2:00pm and our room was not ready. We went to the restaurant for some snacks. They were okay. View was great, but sure windy. I remember when HGVC announced the building of this location how people said it was not a good location. Very windy in the afternoon and the beach was not really swimmable. Plus, kind of far from restaurants. I have to 100% agree with all of those comments. I enjoy walking to restaurants when I go on vacation. Getting in the car to go somewhere all the time sucks.

The resort is beautiful and new. Staff was friendly, but still new. Went to the bar and asked about the cups/pins like at Kingsland. Bar Manager told me that they are coming as so many people have asked about them. Was told they are trying to model themselves after Kingsland.

At about 3pm our room was ready. After getting our room keys, we had to talk with the salesperson, I mean concierge to get our discounts. Offered the usual owners update which I did in Orlando in 2023 so I said no. Was offered a 32 minute update with 100K HH points. Really tempted, but passed.

We had booked a 2Bdrm Plus. We were in building 2 which only opened two weeks prior on the ground floor. Building/room smelled new and I believe we were probably the second person to stay in the room. There are three buildings under construction with one opening in August, one in November and one in 2025. After that, they will put out three more buildings for bid and then start construction. I photographed the property map so you can see what is being built/open. NB means not built (4 out of 12 open). Last will be building #1. (don't laugh at my high tech labeling)

Marked Up.JPG

IMG_6291.JPG

IMG_6357.JPG

IMG_6329.JPG
IMG_6330.JPG

IMG_6335.JPG
IMG_6337.JPG
IMG_6338.JPG
IMG_6339.JPG

IMG_6341.JPG
IMG_6342.JPG

IMG_6343.JPG
IMG_6344.JPG
IMG_6354.JPG
IMG_6345.JPG

IMG_6347.JPG

Construction noise was there, but did not bother me much. The pools were absolutely dead. I would say there were never more than 30 people at the pool area at any one time. It was really nice, but as the resort grows it will be interesting to see how crowded it gets.

IMG_6349.JPG
IMG_6350.JPG

jsparents

Reaction score
The resort has a very small activities/kids club. Grab & go cafe is new with a very limited menu/items. Eventually there will be ice cream to scoop.

IMG_6380.JPG
IMG_6389.JPG
IMG_6390.JPG
IMG_6379.JPG
IMG_6388.JPG

Here is the pool how dead the pool was one day when were returned at 12:20PM. Not a one person in it so I had to photograph it.

IMG_6376.JPG
IMG_6377.JPG

So all in all it is a very nice resort, but I am not sure I would return. Due to the location and high points value, I feel there are better options for me.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
32 minute presentation for 100K HH points? I would have been on that! Ironically, we have never been on a Hilton presentation. I would definitely go for 100K HH points. I have the Aspire CC and know how tough it is to build those points.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
if you have the Aspire CC, it is easy if you get HGVC MFs and as long as you get mucho bonus pts for those. 14 pts/ $ I think?
HGVC is one product we have never owned, never been to a presentation. Hilo Hattie's on Kauai probably has a booth for Hilton. I should walk in and see. Last time we were there, Diamond was at that booth. I could use 100K HH points for our nights on the road.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Thanks for the nice review and pictures. We are headed to Maui Bay Villas in may, so like the advance info and pictures of the resort. The resort always seems deserted in all of the pictures or youtube videos I see,

Lakeshore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures and review. We passed by it when we were in Maui last November while driving from Wailea to Kaanaplai. It looks like it is coming along.

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
W57th
Back door “Max”
Nice review! We spent 6 nights there in early July. Definitely agree, the main negatives for us was the location and that afternoon wind. Very nice resort otherwise.

In fact, if it weren’t for the wind in general, Maui would be almost perfect. Though we were Maui newbie’s, 6 nights was maybe 1 night too long.

If we go to Maui again, I’d probably try to do 3 weeknights there because of the point cost, and then 2 nights at the WA in Wailea using 2 FNC.

Shmiddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kingsland, Big Island
We were there April 2023 - lots of progress. Totally agree on the location, mainly a residential area with no restaurants unless you drive and the 20+mph winds every afternoon. We were really excited about this property, waiting through years of promises by HGVC that a Maui resort was coming, so our disappointment was palpable.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So how far is the drive to restaurants from MBV?

While its great to be able to walk to dinner, there are quite a few locations very locations with few or no places to eat withing walking distance for me.

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
W57th
Back door “Max”
Not too far, start hitting restaurants about 1 1/2 miles south.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not too far, start hitting restaurants about 1 1/2 miles south.
Thanks, that aligns with my guess based on a past drive by before MBV opened. We almost always drive to dinner while staying at Kings Land and other big island resorts. Heck even in Kaanapali we might drive depending on where we are going.

Yzfguy06

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Crane, Borgo alle Vigne x2

While its great to be able to walk to dinner, there are quite a few locations very locations with few or no places to eat withing walking distance for me.
If you go south form MBV there is quite a bit to eat. Depending on how much you want to walk. As stated above probably around a mile or so.

Yzfguy06

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Crane, Borgo alle Vigne x2
Im glad to hear that building is coming along. We stayed in building 6 on the end closet to the construction in December and all the noise sucked. We liked building 6 and will stay in it again when we go. We are booked to stay there in November but may have to change our reservations.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
going in 8 weeks, very excited. Appreciate this review.

We'll probably plan to hang out locally in the morning, when it's less windy. Get our running in, go to the pool. Then get in the car and get lunch and do our afternoon thing. dinner later.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

Shmiddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kingsland, Big Island

Maui Brewing Company is up the road - take Hywy 31 south to Lipoa, make a left and it's up that road a bit on the left. Good food, a play area for kids and sometimes they have live music. If you go to Wailea, there are a lot of good places to eat - we went to Ruth's Chris and Monkeypod, both places are really good.

Shmiddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kingsland, Big Island
going in 8 weeks, very excited. Appreciate this review.

We'll probably plan to hang out locally in the morning, when it's less windy. Get our running in, go to the pool. Then get in the car and get lunch and do our afternoon thing. dinner later.
If you like tequila - visit Waikulu Distillery, they make a local agave spirit that is REALLY good. Can't get it on the mainland, but it is served in some of the local restaurants.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Brewing Company is up the road - take Hywy 31 south to Lipoa, make a left and it's up that road a bit on the left. Good food, a play area for kids and sometimes they have live music. If you go to Wailea, there are a lot of good places to eat - we went to Ruth's Chris and Monkeypod, both places are really good.
Thanks we have been to Maui Brewing a few years back and enjoyed it.

ghgecko

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Strip
Diamond: Lake Tahoe Resort
Last October we stayed in Building 9 for ten nights. We don’t eat out a lot so driving a couple miles down the road was fine. Costco is very close to the airport, so we shopped there before heading to the resort on our first day. We also went to the Kamaole beaches, there are three. We really liked Kamole Beach III the best, for snorkeling.

h2oflyboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Centum+ w/ bHC NYC: W57th, The Residences; HGVC: Maui Bay, and Grand Islander; HVC: Cabo Azul
I just returned sort of (July 21-25) from Maui Bay Villas. Wanted to give some info, but did not want to hijack a previous thread https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/maui-bay-villas-impressions.365347/

I have some photos and other info to share as well.

Pools were not very crowded, but it was still difficult to find loungers. Can't image another 100-150 people in the pool. Wonder where they would sit. The pool picture below was taken at 12:39pm so you can see how few people there were in it.

TBH - I found that rich people going for sales incentives or conferences are the worst at saving chaises - they get up before dawn place a towel and a book down and do not return until their lunch break. I stayed at this gorgeous location and reserved a cabana for one of my (adult) pool days - but I found with 9 separate pools and seating areas the number of "marked" chaises was astronomical!

Not to be outdone - the MBV has 7 separate pools (not including the jacuzzis) on a much smaller scale of acreage. AND for the past 3 years the # of units opened have led the pools to be deserted! You can find 6 chaises per guest! and the cabanas are FREE!