• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Only Marty would be touting that the thing that added zip to his anniversary was the meal. ;-)

Todd, good one, my buddy.........that even made ME laugh.

But let me explain why my dining out is not the whole story, and not the end game.

Ah Hmmmmmmm..........
When I said in the last line, "and it turned out to be fun. Just sayin' ",
I was stealthily alluding to the rest of the evening..........aka, "the rest of the story", as Paul Harvey used to say.
I should have added the wink emoji after the words....so allow me to appropriately do that now...... ;) so There you go.

NOT to diminish the fine dinner & wine, you see, but those are just simply one part of the day.

Hey, romance is a wonderful thing, and an important phenomenon, and I’m a hopeless romantic.
Dining out is a "date night" to me (and to us), so that’s sort of where that came from.
(I'm hoping to make it more apparent now as to why the dining experience thing is important to me personally,
and sort of how it blossomed into the "restaurant guide" endeavor as a sideline hobby.)

Vacation time is certainly a nice and necessary getaway for anyone, but for me it doesn't end there.
Dining out takes it to another level, over and above the trip itself. Something extra to look forward to.
So we as a couple strive to have a blast wherever we go, and it never gets old.
I also try to do lots of "other" special things, too......mostly travel-related like spontaneous long weekends,
and typically NOT timeshare-related. Half of our travels are not in timeshares.
And sometimes I use total surprises as to where we’re going. Just makes it all the more fun.
Just yesterday I added four more weekend trips for this year, and none of it contains the word Marriott.

(And BTW....... a great bottle of wine is saved for after dinner, each and every time we go out,
and always awaits us back at the villa/hotel/resort hotel.
We don't order a bottle at dinner, nor do we save that experience exclusively for "special occasions".
....That's because we view every dinner out as special.......after all, it's our time together.
That said, I'm especially partial to a few select Cabs for the extra-special occasions:
Silver Oak, Hall, The Prisoner, Frank Family green label, or a Caymus.)

The reason for all this?
My wonderful wife Mona......absolutely the most beautiful girl I ever saw, and lucky me, also the absolute sweetest.
How and why she married me is a complete mystery, but I've learned to just stop asking.
And she has been the most incredible at raising our children, and never stopped to think of herself. Her time is now.
Because of her, our son below is an attorney, and our daughter below is a dentist.
Not bragging because that's not it, but she simply taught them to care, and she put them on a path to value achievement,
whatever that turned out to be. They chose their own interests and we never mentioned it, but we were there to listen and advise as needed.

So, why WOULDN'T we travel, why wouldn't we wine & dine? (Hey, do you think my wife likes to dine out?)
Our children have always traveled with us as they grew up, all over this country and to Europe several times,
and now they are seeing how special it was, and is, and they are now going more and more themselves.
If you work hard in your career, it's important to do these things.
1647578274074.png
1647578545524.png

1647584240583.png
1647584263923.png

Thank you, my dear.

Last edited:

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I may have had the same prime rib at Wiseguys last December. Very disappointing.

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 46614

Well.............Not exactly, no one's ever done THAT ....
or if they tried, they were unrecognizable afterward.
.....................................................................................................................................................................

BTW, I personally have 3 consecutive weekends at Grande Ocean in process (I work weekdays, but my wife and her best girlfriend
are already there the full 16-night duration just having a blast doing whatever---but also they're tennis players and do the MGO clinics daily)...
There are exactly 23 other couples in all who are also there, and get together every year----mostly snow birds from all over the northeast
and midwest who come down for the camaraderie (and many for the tennis), and with whom we also have become close over the last 10-12 years.
A huge group which interacts in all the various activities during their stays of 8-12 weeks each. It's a wonderful time for everyone.

This upcoming weekend is my middle one, AND as usual, another stellar line-up for dining (Crane's Tavern & Sea Grass Grille).
Last weekend was Santa Fe and Alfred's...Wow.
And for my final weekend (a 3-nighter) after this one, I have special plans for the 3 nights of dining........
The husband of the best girlfriend will be riding down with me on Thursday to join us.

The first night will be Nunzio (they love it), the second is a twist----a purposeful "open date"-- i.e., an undetermined "totally spontaneous
& ridiculously casual" spot to be chosen by the winner of a set of three card games......just for fun!
But the third evening's dining location is the real surprise---reservations already made......
We haven't been to this one restaurant in a long while, and the other couple has never been.
Here we'll celebrate dual anniversaries, as we have together elsewhere the last few years, and it will occur at the surprise location.
They WILL be loving it !!!!!
They are Foodies and it'll blow them away....WHY? nothing more than it's a great one, and totally new to them.... AND it'll be our anniversaries.

Wow, this whole thing sounds so awesome and so fun! Enjoy every minute!

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much Marty. You are such a gracious host! It is truly my honor and privilege to share meals with you and Mona. BTW, Ella’s was outstanding! A new favorite.
Until the next time please stay safe and eat well.
Ramble on
Dude

Is Ella's on HHI or Bluffton? I am not having luck finding it on Tripadvisor. (which I use alot).
Thanks for this help in planning our upcoming stay :)

Dee

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Is Ella's on HHI or Bluffton? I am not having luck finding it on Tripadvisor. (which I use alot).
Thanks for this help in planning our upcoming stay :)

Dee
HHI. Called Ela’s On The Water.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reactions: jme

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I did find it upon changing the spelling. I do believe we'll give it a go.

Dee

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Todd, good one, my buddy.........that even made ME laugh.

But let me explain why my dining out is not the whole story, and not the end game.

Ah Hmmmmmmm..........
When I said in the last line, "and it turned out to be fun. Just sayin' ",
I was stealthily alluding to the rest of the evening..........aka, "the rest of the story", as Paul Harvey used to say.
I should have added the wink emoji after the words....so allow me to appropriately do that now...... ;) so There you go.

NOT to diminish the fine dinner & wine, you see, but those are just simply one part of the day.

Hey, romance is a wonderful thing, and an important phenomenon, and I’m a hopeless romantic.
Dining out is a "date night" to me (and to us), so that’s sort of where that came from.
(I'm hoping to make it more apparent now as to why the dining experience thing is important to me personally,
and sort of how it blossomed into the "restaurant guide" endeavor as a sideline hobby.)

Vacation time is certainly a nice and necessary getaway for anyone, but for me it doesn't end there.
Dining out takes it to another level, over and above the trip itself. Something extra to look forward to.
So we as a couple strive to have a blast wherever we go, and it never gets old.
I also try to do lots of "other" special things, too......mostly travel-related like spontaneous long weekends,
and typically NOT timeshare-related. Half of our travels are not in timeshares.
And sometimes I use total surprises as to where we’re going. Just makes it all the more fun.
Just yesterday I added four more weekend trips for this year, and none of it contains the word Marriott.

(And BTW....... a great bottle of wine is saved for after dinner, each and every time we go out,
and always awaits us back at the villa/hotel/resort hotel.
We don't order a bottle at dinner, nor do we save that experience exclusively for "special occasions".
....That's because we view every dinner out as special.......after all, it's our time together.
That said, I'm especially partial to a few select Cabs for the extra-special occasions:
Silver Oak, Hall, The Prisoner, Frank Family green label, or a Caymus.)

The reason for all this?
My wonderful wife Mona......absolutely the most beautiful girl I ever saw, and lucky me, also the absolute sweetest.
How and why she married me is a complete mystery, but I've learned to just stop asking.
And she has been the most incredible at raising our children, and never stopped to think of herself. Her time is now.
Because of her, our son below is an attorney, and our daughter below is a dentist.
Not bragging because that's not it, but she simply taught them to care, and she put them on a path to value achievement,
whatever that turned out to be. They chose their own interests and we never mentioned it, but we were there to listen and advise as needed.

So, why WOULDN'T we travel, why wouldn't we wine & dine? (Hey, do you think my wife likes to dine out?)
Our children have always traveled with us as they grew up, all over this country and to Europe several times,
and now they are seeing how special it was, and is, and they are now going more and more themselves.
If you work hard in your career, it's important to do these things.
View attachment 49379 View attachment 49382
View attachment 49392 View attachment 49393

Thank you, my dear.
It's obvious you are not the only lucky one.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I've been at Hilton Head this past week and return home Sunday, April 10 = Tomorrow.......UHGGGGG!!!!

I'll be unofficially tweaking my restaurant list only slightly today----this post is merely a heads-up---
done privately on my laptop.
BUT, when posted onto my TUG restaurant list soon, it'll add one new spot
that will create a HUGE RIPPLE throughout HH's dining community, imho as big as any other restaurant ever.
It won't make my official posted TUG list until a later date....until SueDonJ can post it for me.
The actual Quarterdeck review will obviously be shorter and to the point.
(Sure wish I had the ability to update it at will, but there's no ongoing "EDIT" button,
and Susan is far too busy to listen to me on a regular basis to post something new .... Hint, hint).

First I'd like to say something about a second spot----an already-listed restaurant that we revisited----the Hilton Head Diner.
We ate there once for dinner, sort of a desperation move with young grandchildren who needed to dine early.
We had no other reservations and that was as good as we could do spur-of-the-moment.
But the meal turned out to be a great one in every sense, especially the food.
So much so that I craved it again, and my wife and I went back this morning for breakfast.
Both times I got the NY Strip Steak & Eggs with hash browns.
Have to admit I was extremely impressed----the 10oz steak was absolutely delicious and perfectly grilled both times.
The hash browns were also perfect (and I'm picky about those), and they were as good or better than Waffle House's,
which I sort of consider my gold standard--always loved them. (Palmetto Bay Sunrise Cafe also has equally great hash browns.)
Anyway, everybody loved the meals and we'll be going back again for sure.
(Even the first night's "other" entrees got rave reviews---my daughter got the Fried Shrimp PoBoy, and my wife had the Fried Shrimp.
They loved it.) So, it's a nice stop if you want a very casual but really good meal....breakfast, lunch, or dinner......
and a huge variety on the menu. It's definitely risen a lot higher on my own radar now. Not fine dining, but an excellent casual diner.

NY Strip Steak & Eggs w hash browns at Hilton Head Diner
1649519839326.png

The second and biggest spot is Harbour Town's brand new restaurant Quarterdeck.
It's a huge and breathtaking "new construction" immediately adjacent to and surrounding the Harbour Town Lighthouse.
I think it will prove to be one of the greatest additions to Hilton Head Island's dining scene that I've seen in many a year,
and a noteworthy asset in general, for that matter---- just as big as the Sea Pines Beach Club has been,
and as big as the new Low Country Celebration Park at Coligny Circle has been.

It's a beautiful structure which will FINALLY put Harbour Town back on the map as a significant dining destination.
The restaurant boasts an indoor & outdoor seating capacity of 500 patrons.
Harbour Town has longed for this for more than two decades.
Read more at: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/business/article260097895.html#storylink=cpy
Not to mention the pure enjoyment that the waterway & sunset views will offer.
It will also highlight the world-renowned harbor which houses dozens of first class boats.
Views across the inland waterway will easily showcase the beautiful Daufuskie Island. It's a lot to consider while enjoying
great dining and libations with friends and family. And evenings there will be full of fun and memories.....and no doubt
there will be plenty of live entertainment. This is all quite significant for an area which has been devoid of such an outlet as this
for far too long! Its scope and capacity, and ultimately its mere creation and completion, is nothing short of a
monumental achievement long overdue.

My wife and I have long talked and dreamed about something coming back to Harbour Town, and now it's here,
only bigger and better than we thought.
We used to love the old Cafe Europa, a great destination of note for waterside breakfast & lunch, and fine dining for dinner,
if many current HH visitors remember that.....but this new spot seriously blows that away.
They're already open and serving, so I took the opportunity to walk through yesterday, met and talked to the Lead Hostess Abigail,
and learned that they're already fully booked for dinner into early May. I made reservations for June,
when we'll be back for a family vacation, and felt lucky to get on the book.
A heads-up---- they use Resy for online reservations.
Hope to get this place reviewed and posted to my list on TUG soon. Might try to get in there for lunch in a couple of weeks
when we'll be back at HH for a long weekend, prior to our family vacation week in June.

NOTE: They're still finishing up a few small construction items inside and out, but it's OPEN.
More tables and features will be added within days. Next week's Heritage Classic Golf Tournament is the long awaited
target date for this "big launch".

Here's the ad from the website:
"Now Open!
Serving as the cornerstone of Harbour Town, the all-new Quarterdeck offers 270-degree sunset views overlooking
Harbour Town Yacht Basin, Calibogue Sound and the famed 18th hole of Harbour Town Golf Links, making it one of the
most sought-after dining venues on Hilton Head Island.

Guests enjoy a generous selection of indoor and outdoor seating options which include an expansive wraparound deck,
indoor bar and dining area on the first floor, as well as a new rooftop oyster bar."

Enjoy!

QUARTERDECK @ HARBOUR TOWN LIGHTHOUSE
1649520616544.png

1649521107297.png

FIRST LEVEL (ground)
1649523198176.png

1649522049758.png

STAIRS TO SECOND LEVEL
1649523366327.png

SECOND LEVEL
1649522539781.png

1649520731887.png

1649520768062.png

1649524780940.png

Last edited:

RookWDW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Polynesian
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Grande Chateau
Can the general public eat at the various Sea Pines restaurants, like Coast at the Sea Pines Beach House or Links and Frasier the at the Sea Pines golf course?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Can the general public eat at the various Sea Pines restaurants, like Coast at the Sea Pines Beach House or Links and Frasier the at the Sea Pines golf course?
Absolutely.

RookWDW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Polynesian
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Grande Chateau
Thanks. We rented a week at MGO so if I understand correctly we will get a Sea Pines day pass for our week.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Thanks. We rented a week at MGO so if I understand correctly we will get a Sea Pines day pass for our week.
You will. Will also get bike passes if you rent bikes from MGO.

RookWDW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Polynesian
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Grande Chateau

Nice, I have to look into how and when to book that. We stayed last year at the Omni in a hotel room and tried to get bikes and they were reserved all week. We are trying to buy a week at MGO to use for next year and after.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Often you can get a bike pass for Sea Pines even if you don't rent from them. Once they give out their allotment, no more passs for the week though so get them early.

RookWDW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Polynesian
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Grande Chateau
Apparently, Coconut Shrimp is my daughters favorite. Only menu I found with it is Skull Creek Boathouse. But..... of course my son doesn't like any seafood and the Boathouse is pretty much only seafood vs Dockside that is a mix with BBQ. Any other good restaurants that would have good coconut shrimp and also serve non-seafood options?

Zagrid094

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Crystal Shores, Marriott's Grande Ocean, Marriott's Kauai Beach Club, Marriott's Manor Club, MVC Trust Points
Apparently, Coconut Shrimp is my daughters favorite. Only menu I found with it is Skull Creek Boathouse. But..... of course my son doesn't like any seafood and the Boathouse is pretty much only seafood vs Dockside that is a mix with BBQ. Any other good restaurants that would have good coconut shrimp and also serve non-seafood options?
Truffles Restaurant at Sea Pines Station serves coconut shrimp as an appetizer and entree while offering non-seafood items on its menu. We ate there last week and their food and service is excellent. The coconut shrimp is one of my DW’s favorites!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Dedicated to all those who own, or are employed by, or have been employed by,
the many fine restaurants on Hilton Head Island. You deserve our thanks and our
sincere gratitude for all you do, and have done, throughout this most challenging time
while enduring the Coronavirus pandemic. We stand with you as we go forward, never
knowing what can and will happen. We do also continually acknowledge the enjoyment
and enrichment that you bring to our lives. Thank you. May God bless us all.

HILTON HEAD RESTAURANT GUIDE
Updated April 2022 by Marty (jme)
(Some new places and tweaks to all the formerly listed ones.)

This is my personal list and reflects my own opinion.
The list is not meant to be exhaustive, as I’ve only
listed places that meet my criteria.

IMPORTANT: Reservations are highly recommended,
even days ahead. I like to use Open Table or Resy for
online reservations because it’s easy. Check to see
which service your restaurant of choice uses, if any.
Your resort concierge can also help. Also, Marriott has
an exclusive arrangement with several restaurants for
CALL AHEAD through the resort concierge only, when
regular reservations are not accepted. The restaurant
only allots a few call ahead tables each day, so have
your concierge call early in the day to secure your table.
This priceless service usually allows seating within
10 minutes of arrival. If you see the “SERG” designation
by a restaurant’s name, it’s managed by the SERG
restaurant group, and you’ll have the knowledge that
these are consistently outstanding restaurants, and all
could be said to fall into my favorites list because
they’re all good.

FRONT DESKS (ask for concierge desk)
Grande Ocean……(843) 686-7343
Barony……………...(843) 342-1608
Surfwatch……….…(843) 363-3400

Also pick up any Menu Guide from the lobby racks to peruse
individual restaurant menus that might look good.

TRADITIONAL SEAFOOD:

Skull Creek Boathouse
(SERG)…. a favorite of locals
and visitors alike—great for couples, small groups, large
groups, or families. Known for its huge menu variety
of consistently delicious seafood and more. Probably THE
most popular seafood place on the island. Inside and
outside dining (outside is open air, not covered, with picnic tables,
and fans in summer). Outside has a nice inland waterway view and
is fairly close to the waterway, and any sunset that happens
is very enjoyable from there over the water/through the trees.
There are two bar areas, one inside & one and out, and both are
first come, first served. Bar/stools inside, hightop/chairs outside.
[Hint: If you’re a couple or group of 4 and didn’t have call ahead
seating (shame on you), and face a 1-2 hour wait, AND don’t mind
a hightop meal, walk out back and strike a “ next-up” deal with
someone to surrender their table to you after they’re finished,
and of course buy the guy a drink. You’ll have made a great deal
there.] Marriott Concierge call-ahead seating is a MUST here for
any night, any season. Another tip—if parking is horrendous and
vehicles are lined up looking, use the Valet parking and keep
driving forward until you get to the restaurant entrance area,
there’s a Valet podium there—use it and for $2 you can
basically get out and walk in…it’s worth it.
https://www.skullcreekboathouse.com/ <<<<<<

Skull Creek Dockside
(SERG)……a sister restaurant to
Boathouse above, and located immediately adjacent to it.
They share an inland waterway view that is nice. Menu is
completely different so they are complementary rather than
competing. Dockside only opened in late 2017 but has
developed a huge following and is very popular in its own
right. Inside and Outside dining (outside is covered).
FWIW, there are more large booths at Dockside. Parking lot
is huge and is shared with another restaurant, so if you
have a guest who has difficulty walking, take them close
to the entrance and go back to park.
Dinner menu: https://www.docksidehhi.com/dinner <<<<<<

Quarterdeck
…….Harbour Town has finally returned to glory as a genuine
dining destination with the opening of the new blockbuster two-story structure
at the Harbour Town Lighthouse in Sea Pines. It is both massive and magnificent.
It just opened in early April and it’s already booked for the whole month of April
and beyond. I walked through this past weekend and it’s beyond impressive
just based on the views alone.
Their website ad says this:
“Serving as the cornerstone of Harbour Town, the all new Quarterdeck offers
270-degree sunset views overlooking Harbour Town Yacht Basin, Calibogue Sound,
and the famed 18th hole of Harbour Town Golf Links, making it one of the most
sought-after dining venues on Hilton Head Island.”
Guests will enjoy a generous selection of indoor and outdoor seating options
which will include an expansive wraparound deck, indoor bar and dining area on
the first floor, as well as a new rooftop oyster bar.
The menu is outstanding and offers great seafood options and other dishes with
a Southern flair. The myriad of accommodations inside the Sea Pines Resort will
now have a place within walking distance to enjoy. Reservations can be made online
by using Resy, but booking anytime soon will require immediate attention and that’s
just for something a month or two out. Going forward after that, it will require making
reservations at least 3+ weeks out. If you’re traveling to Hilton Head, call well ahead.
…….There is more than just the restaurant, as this Savannah writer explains:
https://eatitandlikeit.com/first-look-hilton-head-islands-brand-new-quarterdeck-restaurant/
…...Website: https://www.quarterdeckhhi.com/ <<<<<<
…...Menu:
https://www.quarterdeckhhi.com/_files/ugd/966e29_95dd7a45fe6b4b3181ab8c77e7ce4359.pdf

Fishcamp at Broad Creek….…Opened in 2016, a small gem of a place
on the banks of the inland waterway on Simmons Rd,
a couple of miles south of Old Oyster Factory off Marshland Rd.
Nice menu of seafood items and more. Interesting history of
building and location. Inside and outside dining. Inside
booths/tables, Outside has expansive decks on either side of
large bar area (TVs all around). One deck covered, other has
tables/umbrellas. Always fun, energetic vibe always present.
No reservations outside (first come, first served), but
reservations accepted for inside. More of an upscale seafood place.
One of Hilton Head’s most popular restaurants, so book way ahead.
Parking lot under trees on dirt lot, and it fills up each evening,
so ride through, something always opens. Has kids’ menu items,
but geared toward adults. Yard games always ongoing outside.

Old Oyster Factory……very popular seafood restaurant,
family friendly, large groups welcomed, huge beautiful
building with very attractive knotty pine interior/high
exposed beams. Nice atmosphere, always busy, huge
menu and widely varied selections. Probably has the most
stunning marsh views you’ll ever see. Inside dining,
outside dining when weather permits. Good food, great
service, and T-shirts! Concierge call ahead seating highly
recommended. Best tables for marsh views are main level
and straight back. Been around many years, always a hit.
Please pass the hushpuppies.
http://www.oldoysterfactory.com/ <<<<<<

Kenny B’s
…….beyond casual and fun, truly great seafood,
With lots of choices. Seafood, imho, is better and tastier here than
at the other more well-known bigger places.
Family owned and family run. Cajun theme, so some dishes are
Cajun, but mostly it’s traditional items, all delicious.
Kenny personally knows and is friends with all the New Orleans chefs,
so rest assured he knows how to cook. A lesser-known spot but a real gem.
Always busy—you’ll walk in door and get in the long line
at the counter to order and pay first. Tables will always
open up, so waits are not too long and worth it. Inside/outside dining.
One of the best breakfast spots you’ll ever find, but the big
surprise to most is that it has a fantastic and extensive dinner menu.
Great for take-out too. Good value. We dine here every trip.
http://www.eatatkennybs.com/ <<<<<<

Poseidon
... (SERG)…….located in Shelter Cove Towne Center off Hwy 278.
Busy, busy place all the time, very popular.…..good food and decent service given
the short-staffing and other issues post-pandemic. Huge menu with wide variety
of items. Impressive upstairs bar on second level, can be a great spot to hang out.
Crowds are drawn upstairs in evening and later, so one of the better bars
for young people and young at heart. Inside and outside dining. Kids’ menu available.
https://www.poseidonhhi.com/ <<<<<<

Black Marlin Bayside Grill & Hurricane Bar
(SERG)……
Nice large restaurant, lots of inside tables/booths and outside covered tables
on their patio. Very relaxed setting…..good solid traditional seafood restaurant
with extensive menu. Nice brunch on weekends only.
Family friendly, large groups are welcomed. Consistently
good food and good service…… Outside area great for drinks
and conversation under the oaks. Live entertainment often.
http://blackmarlinhhi.com/ <<<<<<

Crazy Crab
(2 locations)….prefer the Jarvis Creek location
along Hwy 278 just past the merging of the Cross Island Pky
& Wm Hilton Pky. Great fun in a most casual setting and
atmosphere…..large building has indoor/outdoor dining, and
the very popular outdoor covered bar area has lots of tables,
and many will already be taken. Exceptional marsh views off
the back porch where you can also dine outdoors. Lively crowd
every night, people coming and going nonstop…..gets busy early,
so make reservations days ahead. Huge menu & good basic
seafood, good service. Great for families who want to satisfy
everyone. Reasonable prices, good value.
http://thecrazycrab.com/crazy-crab-j...od-restaurant/ <<<<<<

Hudson’s Seafood on the Docks
…..Beyond casual, has all the
traditional seafood items on their multi-page menu. Definitely
the oldest seafood spot on the island going back to 1968, and
very popular with tourists. Lots of tables inside multiple large
rooms, so lots of groups and large family meals are served here.
Modest, unremarkable decor, nothing fancy, but always packed
with hungry folks, so go early. Food & service sometimes average,
but it never diminishes the crowd or the enthusiasm. A good value.
Website/menu: http://www.hudsonsonthedocks.com/hudsons-dinner-menu/ <<<<<<

Captain Woody’s Bar & Grill
……(Hilton Head & Bluffton locations)….
a very, very casual grill & bar which has sustained its place as a
popular go-to spot for great traditional seafood & large portions of it.
Locals love it. Add a few great drinks & some conversation, and it’s a
fun night out.
Menus: https://www.captainwoodys.com/menus/lunch-dinner.html <<<<<<

Salty Dog Cafe
……very popular seafood/sandwich/burger spot
in Sea Pines’ South Beach village area. It’s like a small harbor area with
lots of quaint shops. Don’t miss the 2 huge, gorgeous parrots.
Has good lunch or dinner, indoor dining, & one of the island’s best
outdoor dining areas…..both stay very crowded……outside tables under
umbrellas, and frequent live entertainment outside in evening.
Truly a fun evening to just hang out and enjoy having no agenda.
Always fun to walk around and check it all out. Can’t miss the
Salty Dog T-shirt shop, just gotta do it. It’s one of the USA's most
famous T-shirt and sweat shirt shops. Plentiful island seafood, and
the good times outside afterward are golden. Great family spot.
http://saltydog.com/ <<<<<<

Sea Shack
…….a hole-in-the-wall place located off Pope Ave along
Executive Park Rd., about midway around the loop. Always fresh
seafood for dining in or take-out. Inside dining tables are a scant few,
& you'll wait outside until yours comes up. Sometimes a long line,
but bear with it. Inside it’s bare ugly walls and absolutely nothing to see.
Regardless, it’s stays extremely busy, cars coming and going, and the awesome
seafood will make up for the lack of a nice sit-down spot. A well-known place
for everyone on the island who doesn’t need glam meals out. As one ad says,
“Unpretentious blue-walled eatery where simple seafood plates are
ordered at the counter.” Enjoy, and you will.
https://sites.google.com/view/theseashack/ <<<<<<

FINE DINING: (varied menus, all different but all special,
and all consistently great)
(***= stands alone)
(** = Really Fine Dining)
( * = Fine Dining )
……………………………………All are not necessarily in any ranked order,
though it may seem so... #1 stands alone but 4-5 & rest of Top 10
are simply denoted as residing within that group.
(therefore all could be thought of as "different but equal”).

Vine***……frequently touted by the most discriminating diners
as Hilton Head’s finest and most elegant restaurant. Expensive,
but a perfect spot for the most special of occasions. Call the
restaurant directly for reservations and they will respond back
and book your table. Inside and outside dining. Located on back
corner of the Coligny Circle shops just slightly removed from
N Forest Beach Drive...Not the greatest location, BUT once inside
you’re royalty. It’s very small, intimate, and wonderfully romantic,
and everything will be impressive…..they know what they’re doing.
Food and service are above & beyond. I’m going to give it my
#1 rating as THE top restaurant on the island, and it’s well deserved.
So, it’s firmly established in my Top 5-1 restaurants on the island.
(I hate rankings, as every establishment is different and special in
its own way, but I must do that here to make a statement.)
Not for kids, they aren’t even allowed. I totally understand that
policy, so I think in this very small niche it's appropriate. Their
mission simply involves their dedication to the enjoyment of guests
who appreciate the best dining experience possible, so children
might be a distraction from that end. Also not recommended for
anyone who is anything other than a discriminating diner.
https://www.facebook.com/Vine-Hilton-Head-island-230127114114301/ <<<<<<

The Sage Room
**…very fine, top notch dining but still casual.
Highly rated and a popular hidden gem, frequented by the most
discriminating locals and guests. Cozy & romantic with
exceptional, creative food and great service, with a small
intimate bistro feel. Nice bar area very popular, and frequently
serves as the “Chef’s Table” (book ahead!!)…Reservations a must,
several days ahead. Located off Pope Avenue near/behind the
new Courtyard Hotel (see map below). Definitely in my Top 5-5
restaurants on island. Not for kids.
https://www.thesageroom.com/
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/xMk8Vp6YzZ82 <<<<<<

Ombra Cucina Rustica
**….. very fine dining authentic Italian,
but also many other menu choices…sort of expensive, but a most
memorable evening. Beautiful elegant decor, wonderful romantic
ambiance, with perfect low lighting, great service, amazing food
and an excellent wine list. Yes, all of that, and actually more,
it’s special! My definitive pick for the very best Italian.
Absolutely in my Top 5-5 restaurants on the island. Not for kids.
http://www.ombrahhi.com/ <<<<<<<

Ela’s on the Water
**….. located in Shelter Cove Marina down
at far end closest to Harbour Point. A truly wonderful place,
and everything is executed perfectly. Dining is on second floor
overlooking harbor & boats, other direction is the inland
waterway as you look to harbor entrance. Great sunsets.
Truly elegant and imho, the most romantic spot on the island.
Exceptional food (fish & steaks are as good as it gets),with
superb, attentive service by longtime professionals. Three
special booths & many great tables. Great food and wine,
coupled with gorgeous views, come together to make for a
fabulous, memorable experience. A definite special occasion choice.
For the last two years in a row it was the choice for co-celebrations
of our own anniversary and that of another couple who joined us both times.
All our memories there are special.
Again, in my Top 5-5 restaurants on the island. Not for kids.
http://www.elasgrille.com/ <<<<<<

Crane’s Tavern**
……a traditional steak and seafood tavern,
and one of the best you’ll experience anywhere.
Delicious food and superb service, and a quiet, relaxed, romantic
evening in a cozy yet casual surrounding. A fiercely loyal following
by locals. Everything is delicious. We dine there often, and even our
"30-something” children love it. TIED for my Top 5-5 list. Not for kids.
https://www.cranestavern.com/ <<<<<<

The Studio**
….very fine dining, as good as it gets at Hilton Head.
Very interesting & intriguing mix of cuisine and visual art, Walls abound
with outstanding works of art, many for sale. Consistently superb food
and service, and a strong local following, and a perfect spot for any special
Occasion. My wife and I, with another couple, celebrated our
mutual anniversaries there this year. It was a surprise destination I chose
for everyone, and they absolutely adored it. GREAT evening. Not for kids.
TIED for a top 5 spot…... Top 5-5 list.
http://www.studiodining.com/ <<<<<<

The Pearl**
…..located in Bluffton. Small charming cottage with
inside dining or wonderful tables outside on the covered front porch.
Torches lit at night outside, can hear live guitar player whether dining inside
or out…..music perfectly done, not overbearing but very appropriate.
One of the most romantic evenings you’ll have anywhere.
Tables #71, 70, 72 outside….oh yeah! Great food, great service,
it’s an enjoyable & memorable evening--- really a special, unique place.
Sister restaurant to Ela’s. Not for kids. Definitely in my Top 10-6.
http://www.thepearlbluffton.com/ <<<<<<

CQ’s**
………fine dining in a cozy, romantic but casual atmosphere.
Been around since 1970, and always highly rated. Sometimes
it seems to get lost among the myriad of great restaurants
on the island, but it has remained consistently good, and flies under the radar.
Still a favorite among locals. Hidden away in Harbour Town immediately
adjacent to Marriott’s Harbour Club, and walkable from anywhere in
Harbour Town. Has three small rooms. Two booths & several half-booths.
Larger tables in back room. Great food & service. Nicely varied menu,
with several fish options and good steaks, chops. We prefer the middle room
where the booths & half-booths are located. One of our favorites…a low-key,
casual spot, and always enjoyable. Top 10-7. Not for kids.

Michael Anthony's Italian**
……very fine-dining Italian.
Exceptional food and superb service, and it’s all it’s cracked up
to be. Wide variety of authentic Italian dishes, and even the
simplest is divine. A most cozy, romantic ambiance in low light,
like it should be. Reservations WELL in advance, I’d say at
least a week or two. Request downstairs dining…..location, location.
They do have booths, and imho they’re the spot to be for a relaxed,
quiet, and special evening….(downstairs preferred over the upstairs dining!)
a Top 10-8 choice. Not for kids.
http://www.michael-anthonys.com/ <<<<<<

May River Grill*
....located in Old Town Bluffton, not far from
off-island bridge. WORTH THE TRIP and one of our favorites.
Not for kids. Popular with locals, not touristy. Highly varied menu
with specials nightly---great food, wine, service. Bistro-like,
romantic but with their undeniable energetic ambiance, and
really fun. Everyone is having a great time and enjoying the
experience, a sign of a well-run restaurant. Don’t let the
small strip plaza location fool you. Steaks, seafood, fish, duck, veal,
chicken, pork chop, and more. Call for reservations 1-2 weeks ahead.
Definitely in my Top 10-9 due to fun bistro atmosphere and food.
Dinner Menu: http://www.mayrivergrill.com/#!dinner-menu/cxnc <<<<<<
(Minimize the upper box and the lower thumbnail strip for better viewing.
Zoom if needed.)
https://goo.gl/maps/iGytT71s1WTPteSw5 <<<<<<

Alfred’s*
….. a newcomer to my list despite being around a long
time. Now a definite favorite. Previous owner established his niche,
and served a small percentage of dedicated locals, and always with
excellence. New owners (wife worked there previously) have continued that
calling, and it is exceptionally good. It’s still small and intimate although
not fancy, but as always the food is excellent and the service superb.
Dishes are served perfectly regarding temperatures, and all is done right.
It’s a low key, casual but superb meal. Located behind Santa Fe and
Sea Grass Grille off Hwy 278. Easy to walk right past it, but worth looking for.
The ad may say “German" restaurant, but theGerman items are actually
very few….The Italian items are great. Top 10-10. Not for kids.
https://www.alfredshhi.com/ <<<<<<
https://www.alfredshhi.com/menu

Santa Fe*... (my wife’s and my personal favorite restaurant on
the island—always our first evening out when we arrive.) "Fine dining”
atmosphere but still casual and comfortable. It’s like coming home.
We love the window tables in back room/right side near Chef's grill.
Menu has Southwestern flair and all dishes are unique, and you’ll
never get that flavor anywhere else. Close your eyes and pick, it will
be delicious. Signature dishes: Grouper (guaranteed amazing),
Pork Tenderloin, Burrito, Cowboy Cut Ribeye (best steak on island,
hands down, and I know the other 4 great places, too),
Outrageous Chimichanga, Lamb Chops, and the unparalleled and
world-famous Painted Desert Soup. [Since it’s our favorite restaurant
on the island, I’m giving it an "honorable mention" in my Top 5-h
restaurants. I cannot ignore the excellence of that place, and the
wonderful memories are rekindled each time I walk through the door.]
Not really for kids, but items are available and they are welcomed. Say
Hello to owner Marshall and Chef Dave, & tell him Mona & Marty sent you!
http://www.santafehhi.com <<<<<<

Nunzio*
….opened in 2019…..fine dining Italian, huge new construction building
on New Orleans Rd with gorgeous interior & high ceilings. Already a favorite and
stays very busy. Food is excellent, service good. Will be a wonderful evening.
Definitely knocking on the door for a Top 10 spot, and garners a lot of hype on the
island dining scene.
(Note: That said, my personal favorite Italian restaurant on the island, however,
is still Ombra, with Michael Anthony’s a very close second. They both have something
very elegant & special, & the service is more attentive. They have a slight edge for
delivering a relaxed, enjoyable, non-rushed experience.) Not for kids.
https://nunziohhi.com/ <<<<<<

RedFish*
....very popular with those who expect a great, yet fun, dining
experience. A longtime popular spot for wonderful cuisine, great wines, and
a special evening with friends. Outstanding menu items with a chic bistro vibe.
Great wait staff. Romantic & refined while still cozy & casual. Exceptional wine list.
(OK, a "Top 12" spot for sure, it certainly deserves that.) Not for kids.
http://www.redfishofhiltonhead.com/ <<<<<<

Sea Grass Grille*
…..very popular with locals and visitors alike. It’s a sneaky
quiet favorite that doesn’t have much hype but deserves a visit if you want
an outstanding meal and great professional service! Wonderful menu. Always have
several fish items daily----also duck, pork, lamb, steaks, and specials, all perfectly
presented. Adjacent to Santa Fe in Plantation Center off Hwy 278, one block south
of Palmetto Dunes entrance. Not for kids.
http://www.seagrassgrille.com/. <<<<<<

Wiseguys*
(SERG group)...Fine dining atmosphere with outstanding traditional
items—steaks, fish/seafood, veal, lamb. Always popular, always busy. Reservations
needed several days ahead. Name suggests a casual lively spot but surprisingly it’s
a low-light, white tablecloth kind of place for discriminating diners. Has an energetic
vibe, sometimes loud, but it’s because everyone’s having a great time. Not for kids.
https://www.wiseguyshhi.com/ <<<<<<

LuLu Kitchen and Bar*
…….a new cafe which already has a lot of buzz,
and a lot of potential. Offering a "modern dining and healthy cuisine" experience.
Wonderful decor, awesome bar area, high quality seating at the booths and tables.
Menu is creative with interesting specialty items. Focusing on fresh ingredients with
vegan options available. I believe it’s going to be a good one, and should develop its
own prominent niche at Hilton Head. Located in the plaza along Hwy 278 where
Fresh Market is located. The new website ad says, “Where exquisite cuisine is paired
with an exceptional service and eclectic ambiance”, and I cannot
improve on that comment. Not for kids.
Photos: https://www.lulukitchenhhi.com/ <<<<<<
Menus: https://www.lulukitchenhhi.com/menu
Photos: <<<<<<
https://www.google.com/search?sourc...sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjkmuSXicXyAhUCQjABHTd1BPkQjJk
EegQIIBAC&cshid=1629650555920804&biw=1280&bih=664

Charlie's L'Etoile Verte*.... fine dining, traditional elegant bistro decor,
always a new hand-written menu daily, lots of fresh fish selections and more.
One of the best "all-around” and most consistent restaurants on island.
Romantic and vibrant with a solid local following. A nice evening out. Not for kids.
http://charliesgreenstar.com/ <<<<<<

Sunset Grille**
….Dave M’s absolute favorite! (a tribute to Timesharing's Lifetime
"Professor" & Moderator Emeritus!), and he should know, he’s a friend of the Chef.
Fine dining establishment that cuts no corners, and forget where it's located in
the RV Park off 278 because it's wonderful. Fantastic sunset views from their upstairs
dining area. Romantic, energetic ambiance. Their renowned Chef knows great
cuisine, and boasts a superb wine list. A locals’ favorite. Highly rated. Not for kids.
http://www.sunsetgrillehhi.com/ <<<<<<

Chez Georges Bistro & Bar**…… a new French bistro with a definite
Low Country flair, a new concept and dining experience for Hilton Head.
Interesting culinary presentations. Not for kids.
https://www.chezgeorgeshhi.com/ <<<<<<

Fishcamp at Broad Creek*
…Opened in 2016, a small gem of a place on
the banks of the inland waterway on Simmons Rd, a couple of miles south
of Old Oyster Factory off Marshland Rd. Nice menu of seafood items and more.
Interesting history of building and location. Inside and outside dining. Inside
booths/tables, Outside has expansive decks on either side of the large bar area
(TVs all around). One deck is covered, the other has tables/umbrellas. Always fun,
energetic vibe always present. No reservations outside (first come, first served),
but reservations accepted for inside. More of an upscale seafood place. One of
Hilton Head’s most popular restaurants, so book way ahead. Parking lot under trees
on unpaved lot, and it fills up each evening, so ride through, something always opens.
Has kids’ menu items, but geared toward adults. Yard games always ongoing outside.

Alexanders*….an old favorite in Palmetto Dunes community that’s been around
a long time…..very romantic & quiet ambiance, white tablecloth, varied menu,
fine wines & excellent food. Great evening for couples. Not for kids.
http://www.alexandersrestaurant.com/ <<<<<<

Frankie Bones*
(SERG group)...Large menu with widely varying food selections—
beef, seafood, pork, Italian, German, and much great starters.Really fun & uniquely
"Sinatra cool”. Reservations a MUST, best at least a week in advance, maybe more
in high season. Large high-back maroon leather booths, low lights, "Club”
atmosphere, love it!!! Busy bar scene, with high-tops available—"first come,
first served”. Adjacent to Wiseguys. Not for kids but a few items that work,
Like the "S'mores” dessert (a mini Hibachi for roasting marshmallows at the table).
http://www.frankieboneshhi.com/ <<<<<<

Bistro 17*
.....in Shelter Cove near bronze Neptune statue. Inside/Outside dining,
nice atmosphere, good service, good food. All tables nice but have a private single
table available for special occasion on request, inside a nook among the wine racks,
but not totally separated from the rest (still nice view to outside porch/harbor),
a romantic spot. Will change table for 2 or 10. Impressive and memorable evening.
https://www.bistro17sheltercove.com/ <<<<<<

Catch 22*
....on New Orleans Rd in plaza, adjacent to Michael Anthony’s….
nice varied menu, lot of varied options, nice wine list, good food & service,
always busy especially weekends. Fine dining yet very casual. Large booths
in front half, more intimate tables in back. Strong following by locals and
discriminating island guests.
http://www.catch22hhi.com/ <<<<<<

("Fine Dining" continued BELOW)

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
("FINE DINING" CONTINUED)......

Gusto Ristorante*….a small casual authentic Italian restaurant
whose doors have thankfully swung open again after the pandemic.
The location is in the plaza along Hwy 278 across from HOME GOODS store.
They are eager to share the very best of traditional Italian fare again.
The food offerings and wine selections are wonderful, the service great, and
he decor and ambiance cozy and romantic. If you’ve ever been to Italy
and experienced the unbelievable cuisine and feel of the family-owned
mom & pop cafes, go here to revisit them again. Reasonable pricing and
great value. Definitely one of our all-time HH favorites. Small but special,
therefore I’m awarding it an"honorable mention” in my Top 10-(h)
HH restaurants. Ciao Ciao.
https://gustohiltonhead.com/ <<<<<<

Il Carpaccio*
…….”Ristorante Italiano”…….great menu, food, and service,
highly rated and good reviews.
http://www.ilcarpaccioofhiltonhead.com/ <<<<<<

Jazz Corner*.
....live Jazz entertainment and an excellent dinner, too?
Yes, and it has a fiercely dedicated local following. Known for superb
food and service. Very popular and a most fun evening, unlike any dining
experience you’ve had before. Can be a bit loud, but serious fun when
you're in the mood. Cover charge required. Not for kids.
http://www.thejazzcorner.com/ <<<<<<

Pomodori Italian Eatery*
…..popular Italian spot, good food and
service. Not fancy or pretty to look at, but authentic food in a comfortable, casual setting.
Very good reviews and highly rated. Located in the corner plaza at the end of
New Orleans Rd. Just short of the Hwy 278 intersection, at far end of building.
http://www.gopomodori.com/ <<<<<<

Lucky Rooster Kitchen & Bar
*.....their motto is "gourmet food
in a casual atmosphere”. Varied menu, creative take on traditional dishes,
and a nice new find for many. White tablecloths covered with brown paper,
candlelight, both tables and booths, vibrant bar scene. Gourmet desserts.
Huge beer and wine list---local craft beers and great wines. Nice staff.
Located in South Island Sq plaza off Hwy 278 (across street from
Red Roof Inn and Stacks Pancakes).
https://www.luckyroosterhhi.com/ <<<<<<

Nectar Farm Kitchen
…..(Brunch & Dinner)….perhaps one of the most
talked-about new restaurants on Hilton Head Island, it’s a partnership of three
local Chefs who collaborated to offer a new creative, healthy dining experience
featuring farm-to-table choices. Vegan options available. Located on Office Park Rd
where Marley’s Island Grille used to be……in the complex just down from
Harris Teeter Grocery Store & Mellow Mushroom.
https://nectarfarmkitchen.com/ <<<<<<
Menu: https://nectarfarmkitchen.com/menu/

Poseidon..... (SERG)…….located in Shelter Cove Towne Center off Hwy 278.
Busy, busy place all the time, very popular.…..good food and decent service given
the short-staffing and other issues post-pandemic. Huge menu with wide variety
of items. Impressive upstairs bar on second level, can be a great spot to hang out.
Crowds are drawn upstairs in evening and later, so one of the better bars
for young people and young at heart. Inside and outside dining. Kids’ menu available.
https://www.poseidonhhi.com/ <<<<<<

The Cottage Cafe, Bakery & Tea Room, Bluffton
…… very quaint and cozy “GrandMa’s cottage”
kind of place. Delicious specialty items, known for their Gumbo. Huge local following
and definitely worth the drive. Delicious desserts. Great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner…
(plus Sunday Brunch). Takes about 20 minutes (maybe 5 minutes past the island bridge,
about 2 miles from Tanger Outlet Mall area). Use Bluffton Parkway to get there.
Take the new ramp off Hwy 278 > Bluffton Parkway which goes behind the two Outlet Malls.

Jane Bistro
……Inside/outside dining. Clean, modern decor & relaxed atmosphere.
Awesome lunch, also great dinner menu. Food absolutely the best, one of best lunches on
island, if not #1. Lots of choices…great soups, delicious sandwiches, salads, and more….
all great. Located off Hwy 278 in Shelter Cove Towne Center, just up from the Belk Store.
https://janehhi.com/ <<<<<<
Dinner menu: https://janehhi.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/dinner-2021.jpg <<<<<<

Calhoun Street Tavern, Bluffton…..a small tavern in the heart of Bluffton with a
great lunch and dinner. Hours are 11am-9pm weekdays and until 10pm weekends.
Definitely worth the drive to Bluffton. Walk around the small old historic town and
visit the wonderful shops, or the open-air street market on Saturdays, and don’t miss
grabbing lunch or dinner here. It’s a wonderful spot with creative cuisine with a southern flair.
The shrimp burger with the spinach and orzo salad are both delicious and. An instant favorite.
We were ecstatic to find this little gem. It’s been there a good while but somehow we missed it,
but no more.
Website with menu: https://www.calhounstreettavern.com/ <<<<<<

Pour Richard’s
, Bluffton…….a small tavern-like place in downtown Bluffton, well worth the
trip…..it will be an instant favorite for a casual yet delicious change of pace. Frequented by
locals but discerning foodies always find gems like this. Wonderful for a drink and a fantastic
meal with friends or your significant other. Great atmosphere and vibe. All bottles of wine $36.
Photos are definitely warranted here:

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x88fb891b6af9f475:0x987693dce5733154!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipNBAVsPfExjarumBsUnv7NT4QpGbFiF7bVpeQp5=w568-h320-k-no!5spour richard's bluffton - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipNBAVsPfExjarumBsUnv7NT4QpGbFiF7bVpeQp5&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwixtu2W_5D3AhXwJUQIHYaLC8AQoip6BAhfEAM

Coast at Sea Pines Beach Club (downstairs, ground level deck)
Ocean Lounge & Bar at Sea Pines Beach Club (second floor)
Two restaurant spots located at the Sea Pines Beach Club (adjacent to
Marriott’s Monarch Resort) …….Nice lunch or dinner. Family friendly, OK for kids.
One of the best ocean views on island, which are few for restaurants….popular lunch spot.
http://www.coastoceanfrontdining.com/ <<<<<<

CASUAL PLACES:
(NOTE: These are great for a typical night out with the family & kids.
Not fine dining by any stretch, and varies from "OK to Good to Pretty Darn Good”.
If inconsistent on occasion, still worth considering. If you don’t want to
research a place to go after a long day at the beach or pools, or simply worn out,
give it a shot. Not in any particular order.)

One Hot Mama’s (SERG)…..Very popular family spot. Great food and service,
maniacally busy, and loud, cheerful, frenetic atmosphere and nothing but fun…
What could be better than that? Excellent BBQ, ribs, brisket, sandwiches, and
all else that goes with that. No reservations accepted, so use your resort's
concierge "call-ahead seating" service…you’ll be glad. Good for a respite from seafood.
Booths and tables, inside and outside dining. We love it.
http://www.onehotmamas.com/ <<<<<<

A Lowcountry Backyard
…… Great for lunch or dinner, inside/outside dining.
A small family-owned restaurant, down-home Southern selections, all tasty and
hearty. Casual, good food, good service, nice people. Highly rated and loyal following.
http://www.hhbackyard.com/ <<<<<<

The Frosty Frog
…….a great spot for families or a group of friends, hidden in the
Coligny Plaza maze of shops near the "ocean end" of Pope Ave. Menu is huge,
and they have all the great items you’ll want. Awesome outdoor seating area.
Pizzas, sandwiches, burgers, seafood, crab legs, salads, wraps, tacos, and dozens
more items, all in a fun atmosphere. Great spot to eat, talk, and have a good drink.
http://frostyfrog.com/
Menu: http://frostyfrog.com/new-food-menu/ <<<<<<

Smokehouse
……..Beautiful new building. Just reopened after being completely
destroyed by fire in 2019. Great BBQ and food which includes sandwiches, seafood
and steaks, and more. Family & kid friendly, wide variety of menu items. Very
popular, located off Palmetto Bay Rd 1/4 mile from Greenwood traffic circle.
Consistently good.
https://www.smokehousehhi.com/ <<<<<<

Reilley's Grill & Bar
……. Located about a block off the Greenwood Traffic Circle
toward the Sea Pines entrance gate, among a cluster of other restaurants. Has
good steaks and good food in general, huge menu with an array of choices.
Unpretentious traditional casual restaurant. Tables & booths. Family & kid friendly.
http://www.reilleyshiltonhead.com/ <<<<<<

Holy Tequila Mexican Kitchen
…..(SERG) very popular Mexican restaurant off
Office Park Rd…. Good reviews, always fun, and good value!
https://holytequila.com/ <<<<<<

Aunt Chilada’s Easy Street Cafe
……”Mexican and more"….lots more! One of the
most popular family/kids’ spots, located off Pope Ave. Definitely touristy, it’s loud
and the activity is frenetic, but it’ll still feed everyone and it’s fun.
The food is "OK to good”, and the value is good.
https://www.auntchiladashhi.com/ <<<<<<

Bad Biscuit
…..a totally new concept & venture for Hilton Head, which offers a
wide variety of items in a biscuit. The two Owners/Partners are from Low Country
Backyard & Pool Bar Jim’s, hardly unknown around HH Island, & they should know
what’s good. Sounds and looks delicious.
http://www.badbiscuit.com/ <<<<<<

San Miguel’s Mexican Cafe
….. A good solid Mexican establishment which has been
around for decades. Inside & Outside dining. They are still crazy busy, and offer
live entertainment outside on their patio in Shelter Cove on the marina. Wonderful
spot, great place to hang out, eat dinner, grab some ice cream after, and watch a
gorgeous sunset over the harbor. Always a fun time for our family, going way back.
Good Margaritas, lots of smiles. "OK to Very Good", very confident in saying, "Try it”.
https://www.sanmiguels.com/ <<<<<<

CharBar Co
….touts good gourmet burgers, sandwiches, salads, & more. Very casual.
Some inconsistent reviews, but still enjoyable.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/charbar-co-hilton-head-island <<<<<<

Hilton Head Brewing Company
……popular with mostly good reviews.
Sandwiches, BBQ, appetizers, good drinks, many beer selections.
https://www.hhbrewingco.com/ <<<<<<

Annie O's Southern Eats
……beyond casual, modest decor, but offers down home
Southern cooking like Fried Chicken and made-from-scratch items. A favorite of
locals, especially the other working restaurant people, so it does have a loyal following.
Large portions and inexpensive, so a great value and family-friendly.
An occasional inconsistent review, but we liked it.
https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...4af7579/1591798428137/dINNER+Menu+rev0620.pdf
https://www.facebook.com/annieohhi/photos <<<<<<

***************************************************************************************

LUNCH:

Note the combination of meals offered at each establishment
(Breakfast/Brunch/Lunch/Dinner). These places are great, and the cuisine is
outstanding, rendering these the favorites for Lunch.

Jane Bistro….Lunch & Dinner. Inside/Outside dining. Hands down our favorite lunch
spot, with French Bakery in second. Menu items are delicious, surroundings wonderful,
& each selection will have you coming back for more. Great salads, soups, sandwiches,
and specialty items. Located on front side of Shelter Cove Town Center. Sleek
contemporary decor, awesome menu & food, large portions, superb service. Simply a
well-run place. My #1 top-rated lunch spot.
Menu:https://janehhi.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/lunch-2021.jpg

The French Bakery & European Cuisine……Brunch & Lunch. Inside/Outside
dining. One of the most popular spots on the island. Opens early, and it’s already
busy. Located on backside of, and down from, Kroger Superstore in Shelter Cove
Towne Centre. Great varied menu, modern creative choices and also traditional
items. French bistro decor, very bright, colorful, and cheerful. And fun.
It’s also a tie for my #1 TOP RATED lunch spot. Both different, so see what you think!)
https://www.facebook.com/thefrenchbakeryhhi/menu/ <<<<<<

A Lowcountry Backyard
…..Lunch & Dinner. Inside/Outside covered dining.
Small family-owned casual place with attentive service and down-home Southern food.
Very loyal following, mostly locals but popular with island guests who have tried it.
http://www.hhbackyard.com/ <<<<<<

Calhoun Street Tavern, Bluffton
…..a small tavern in the heart of Bluffton with a
great lunch and dinner. Hours are 11am-9pm weekdays and until 10pm weekends.
Definitely worth the 20 minute drive to Bluffton. Walk around the small old historic town
and visit the wonderful shops, or the open-air street market on Saturdays, and don’t miss
grabbing lunch or dinner here. It’s a wonderful spot with creative cuisine with a southern
flair. The shrimp burger with the spinach and orzo salad are both delicious and.
An instant favorite. We were ecstatic to find this little gem. It’s been there a good while
but somehow we missed it, but no more.
Website with menu: https://www.calhounstreettavern.com/ <<<<<<

Delisheeyo
….Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free. Hidden in a small cluster of places
on Palmetto Bay Rd & near Lowcountry Backyard (out from Greenwood Circle).
https://www.delisheeyo.com/ <<<<<<

Relish
……located off Office Park Rd among the many restaurants in the complex,
down from Harris Teeter grocery store….Their ad says, "Elegant, eclectic fusion of
Southern & Asian culinary traditions.” Small and tricky to find, but fun.
http://www.relishcafehhi.com/ <<<<<<

Hilton Head Social Bakery
……pastries, tarts, LUNCH, & cakes!……..located in the
shops at Shelter Cove Harbour.
https://www.hiltonheadsocialbakery.com/
So special, here’s the menu: https://www.hiltonheadsocialbakery.com/menu <<<<<<

Truffles
……Lunch & Dinner. Has long been a favorite lunch spot with more traditional
menu, and always delightful. Located in Sea Pines Center Plaza in second row of
buildings from parking lot. Tables and booths. VERY cozy, varied menu with many
made-from-scratch items, all consistently wonderful, a locals’ favorite and ours.
Love the black bean burger, chicken pot pie, mango iced tea.
http://www.trufflescafe.com/ <<<<<<

Main Street Cafe & Pub
…..Lunch & Dinner. Very popular cafe mostly with locals,
non-touristy, huge menu with many options.
Traditional selections done very well. Soups, sandwiches, salads, and much more.
http://hiltonheadcafe.com/ <<<<<<

Kenny B’s
…….Wildly popular for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner…..Wow, what to say?
It’s all great. One of the most funky and comfortably fun places on the island.
Family-owned and run, they know how to cook, and they’ve been around a long time.
Always a delicious meal, and always served perfectly. A secret seafood Mecca that’s
often overlooked except by those who know. Breakfast is as good as you’ll ever get.
Stand in line and order inside, and pay first. The line can be slow sometimes, but it’s
Kenny and one helper cooking, so RELAX and savor the experience. The line moves
along just fine, and tables always open up. Another secret—Kenny is personal friends
of most of the famous New Orleans French Quarter chefs, and that definitely explains
Kenny’s extraordinary talent and flair for his passion. An original painted Mardi Gras
wall mural—see if you can tell which character looks like YOU.
Great service, casual and most enjoyable. Sit and relax. One of the 3 (really 2) best
breakfast spots on the island. Hello to owners Laverne & Kenny from Mona & Marty.
http://www.eatatkennybs.com/ <<<<<<

Watusi Cafe
…….Breakfast & Lunch…..Vegetarian & Vegan options….It’s a small
contemporary cafe, now expanded due to popular demand! It’s remained strong and
very popular, and has a very loyal following. Great sandwiches, good service.
Located off Pope Ave near Aunt Chilada’s. Have to be looking real well to spot it.

The Cottage Cafe, Bakery & Tea Room…….Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
(and Sunday Brunch) in Olde Town Bluffton. Very quaint and cozy
“GrandMa’s Cottage” type of place. Delicious specialty items. The
Jambalaya & Gumbo are as good as you’ll find. Huge local following
and definitely worth the short drive from Hilton Head. It might take
20-25 minutes at most. Delicious entrees and desserts, great coffee and drinks.
Afterward, enjoy the walk around the wonderful Bluffton shops & boutiques.
Location/drive: https://goo.gl/maps/eVAgZsqyRDTf7TNAA

Coast at Sea Pines Beach Club….Lunch & Dinner. Located in the beautiful Sea Pines Beach Club
(adjacent to Marriott’s Monarch Resort). Family friendly of just couples,
always fun. Great ocean views. Not a huge menu, but tasty options. Casual.
https://www.coastoceanfrontdining.com/ <<<<<<

Harbour Town Bakery & Cafe
…….Breakfast & Lunch. Inside or front
porch/outside dining. Picnic tables too. Great selection of items- sandwiches,
salads, pastries, & more. Located in the small cottage across from the
Harbour Town parking lot & playground.
https://www.seapines.com/dining/the-harbour-town-bakery.aspx <<<<<<

British Open Pub
….Lunch & Dinner. Both include delicious traditional British
& American items. Small cozy cafe, with tables and booths. Soups, sandwiches,
salads, and large selection of entrees. And of course the bar and wonderful drinks.
https://www.britishopenpubhhi.com/ <<<<<<

ITALIAN:
(Beach and Italian?---an unlikely marriage, right? Maybe, but HILTON HEAD has a
fantastic array of wonderful Italian restaurants. Need a seafood break? This is the ticket.)

Ombra Cucina Rustica**.. Very fine dining, top notch authentic Italian, but also many
other menu choices, & great specials. Sort of expensive but in line with the others.
Definitely a most memorable evening. Beautiful elegant decor, wonderful romantic
ambiance, with perfect low lighting, great service, amazing food and an excellent wine list.
Yes, all of that, and actually more….it’s quite special. My definitive pick for the island’s
very best Italian. Absolutely in my Top 5 restaurants on the island, and easily could
vie for the BEST. Not for kids.
http://www.ombrahhi.com/ <<<<<<

Michael Anthony's Italian**
……another very fine Italian restaurant. Exceptional
in every way. Food and service are superb---it’s all it’s cracked up to be. Wide variety
of authentic Italian dishes, and even the simplest is divine. A most cozy, romantic ambiance
in low light, like it should be. Reservations needed WELL in advance, I’d say at least a week
to make sure. Request downstairs dining!…..location, location. They do have booths,
and imho they’re the spot to be for a relaxed, quiet, and special evening….
Positively one of my Top 10 overall choices on the island. Not for kids.
http://www.michael-anthonys.com/ <<<<<<

Nunzio*
….opened in 2019…..fine dining Italian, huge new construction building
on New Orleans Rd with gorgeous interior & high ceilings. Already a favorite and
stays very busy. Food is excellent, service good. Will be a wonderful evening.
Definitely knocking on the door for a Top 10 spot, and garners a lot of hype on the
island dining scene.
(Note: That said, my personal favorite Italian restaurant on the island, however,
is still Ombra, with Michael Anthony’s a very close second. They both have something
very elegant & special, & the service is more attentive. They have a slight edge for
delivering a relaxed, enjoyable, non-rushed experience.) Not for kids.
https://nunziohhi.com/ <<<<<<

Pomodori Italian Eatery
*…..popular Italian spot, good food and service.
Not fancy but authentic food in a comfortable, casual setting. Good reviews
and highly rated, located on New Orleans Rd. at the Hwy 278 intersection,
at far end of building.
http://www.gopomodori.com/ <<<<<<

Gusto Ristorante*
…..a small casual authentic Italian restaurant whose doors
have thankfully swung open again after the pandemic. The location is in the
plaza along Hwy 278 across from HOME GOODS store. They are eager to share
the very best of traditional Italian fare again. The food offerings and wine
selections are good, the service great, and the decor and ambiance cozy and
romantic. If you’ve ever been to Italy like we have, and experienced the
unbelievable cuisine and feel of the family-owned mom & pop cafes, go here to
revisit them again. Reasonable pricing and great value. Definitely one of our
all-time HH favorites. Small but special, therefore I’m awarding it an honorable
mention in my Top 12 restaurants. Ciao Ciao.
https://gustohiltonhead.com/ <<<<<<

Il Carpaccio
….”Ristorante Italiano”…...great menu, food, and service, highly rated
and good reviews.

Flora’s*
……located along Hwy 278 in a plaza just south of the Palmetto
Dunes Entrance Gate, next door to Lucky Rooster. Small, quiet, & family owned.
Relaxed, refined, and romantic. Decor has an Old World charm. Not fancy, but just
solid Italian dishes. Known for their wonderful desserts. A favorite of locals mostly,
With excellent food and service, and it’s reasonably priced.
http://www.florasitaliancafe.com/ <<<<<<

Giuseppe’s
……for 2 decades it’s been a very popular, casual Italian restaurant for
families. Located in The Plaza at Shelter Cove Shopping Center near TJ Maxx store.
Great pizzas and other wonderful dishes like the Spaghetti or the Eggplant Parmesan.
At one time (maybe 15+ years ago) it was voted as one of the TOP Italian
family-owned restaurants in the US.
Menu: https://www.giuseppispizza.com/hilton-head-menu/ <<<<<<

PIZZA:

Mellow Mushroom…….Very popular spot for pizza. Consistently good,
easy to find, quick service for dine-in or take-out. Very nice restaurant
interior for dine-in, lots of booths and tables, and a large bar. Located in
shopping center adjacent to Harris Teeter Grocery Store off Office Park Rd.
Always fresh ingredients, and our favorite go-to pizza.
http://mellowmushroom.com/store/hilton-head <<<<<<

Giuseppe’s
……for 2 decades it’s been a very popular, casual Italian
restaurant for families, located in The Plaza at Shelter Cove Shopping
Center near TJ Maxx store. Great pizzas and other wonderful dishes
like the Spaghetti or the Eggplant Parmesan. At one time
(maybe 15+ years ago) it was voted as one of the TOP Italian
family-owned restaurants in the US.
Menu: https://www.giuseppispizza.com/hilton-head-menu/ <<<<<<

Il Carpaccio*
…….”Ristorante Italiano”…….great menu, food, and service, highly
rated and good reviews.

Fat Baby's Pizza and Subs
……on Arrow Rd one block from Hwy 278.
Rated as one of HH’s best pizzas. Appetizers, Subs, Salads, Bruschettas,
Calzones, Pastas, Burgers/Hot Dogs, Wraps, Desserts.
https://www.fatbabyspizza.com/ <<<<<<

New York City Pizza
…….casual pizzeria with NY Style pizzas and
many other Italian basics….. Has a bar. Pretty good reviews and a convenient
location on Pope Ave, two blocks from Coligny Circle.
It’s there if you need it.
https://www.newyorkcitypizza.com/location/heritage-plaza-south-end/ <<<<<<

BREAKFAST:
(First 3 restaurants below are overwhelming favorites, all very different, but
all three are tied for my #1 ranked spot. Big or small, fancy or not….all are awesome
and fun in their own way. Here I’m doing photos because these places deserve to be seen.)

1-1. Palmetto Bay Sunrise Cafe…..Breakfast & Lunch. Inside/Outside dining.
IMHO, the best breakfast restaurant on the island. Best menu by far, with unique items
and specials, and probably the best I’ve ever seen for ANY breakfast restaurant anywhere.
Truly delicious food, varied choices, and each day has 3-4 different Specials.
Servers use the "swarm method”…always roaming around and watching everyone
for needs, and pitch in instantly to do whatever arises. Most friendly staff on the island,
and all have been there forever. Great coffee, great Bloody Marys, and more. Consistently
the best since opening in 2001. I love the Sunrise Benedict (no meat, poached egg on
English muffin, avocados, tomatoes, onions, Hollandaise sauce).
Menu: https://www.palmettobaysunrisecafe.com/menu
Photos: (worth the look)
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x88fc7849f719a259%3A0xf9a2bbf666468012!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.
googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipNMirRJ1V_uyRb2jNfIvDN2yeln0FIlTgUmNGkU%3Dw568-h320-k-no!5swhen%20did%20palmetto
%20bay%20sunrise%20cafe%20open%20-%20Google%20Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipNMirRJ1V_uyRb2jNfIvDN2yeln
0FIlTgUmNGkU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjz8Pqz5sXyAhX2VTABHWYOAu0QoiowFHoECFcQAw

1-2. Kenny B’s……..Breakfast & Lunch. Inside & Outside dining. Family-owned and
family-run place. ALSO THE BEST breakfast restaurant on island, just different.
A much more simplified menu, less choices, but absolutely delicious items. If Southerners
EVER dream about grits, they are dreaming about these. These people can cook. We always
visit without fail. Cajun flair but really it’s traditional stuff done Kenny's way. Breakfast can
be so fulfilling when you experience their food. Lines can be out the door, but relax, they move.
Wonderful funky wall mural inside depicting caricatures in the French Quarter during Mardi Gras…
cool and quirky characters, it’s amazing. Which one is YOU?
Kenny is personal friends with all the famous N.O. French Quarter Chefs, so yes,
he knows how to cook!
Photos: (mostly dinner photos, but a few breakfast)
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x88fc79058a6df435%3A0xbe0816b61b4a5403!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2
FAF1QipNHZbs5BelQSkkFgFMCMdVgaPxtqN3xSm7zcnpn%3Dw568-h320-k-no!5skenny%20b%27s%20hilton%20head%20-%20Google%20Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipNHZbs5BelQSkkFgFMCMdVgaPxtqN3xSm7zcnpn&hl=en&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwjA7
tv56MXyAhUVSfEDHRLpB5cQoiowG3oECGkQAw

1-3. The French Bakery & European Cuisine…Brunch & Lunch. Inside & Outside dining.
Located on the back side of Shelter Cove Town Centre buildings, just down from Poseidon.
Look for orange umbrellas on sidewalk. One of the best breakfast/lunch spots on the island.
French bistro decor and feel. Superior food and very good service. Wonderful varied menu.
Coffees, Quiches, Crepes, pancakes, French Toast, omelettes, pastries, & traditional items too.
Sandwiches, burgers, salads, and soups. It’s a must-do.
Menus: https://www.facebook.com/thefrenchbakeryhhi/menu/ <<<<<<
PHOTOS:
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x88fc70b8d4fe79bf%3A0x9987f21e14971bc2!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp
%2FAF1QipM31R150PiOqSjw0a_xzj4jOJKTyahObNJb_e--%3Dw568-h320-k-no!5sfrench%20bakery%20hilton%20head%20-%20Google%20Search!15sCgIg
AQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipM31R150PiOqSjw0a_xzj4jOJKTyahObNJb_e--&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjD85jd6sXyAhXulOAKHT9kClUQoiowEnoECFwQAw

Signe’s Heaven Bound Bakery & Cafe……a locals’ favorite. Located on Arrow Rd.
VERY small intimate cafe with limited items compared to the rest, but quite charming and
the traditional food and specialty dishes are delicious….Bakery items are probably the island’s
best. Desserts, cakes, cheesecakes, puddings, cupcakes, trays. You’ve been forewarned, LOL.
PHOTOS:
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x88fc79acd7032343%3A0x7bb094c44a3bf282!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FA
F1QipOY6IBfbP-2fdPHcxLhgYtlZT-yDRENptzdwwJ_%3Dw480-h320-k-no!5ssigne%27s%20bakery%20-%20Google%20Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2s
AF1QipOY6IBfbP-2fdPHcxLhgYtlZT-yDRENptzdwwJ_&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjE7N3M7cXyAhU0RjABHdxeClMQoiowG3oECGsQAw

Watusi Cafe…….Great Breakfast & Lunch…..Vegetarian & Vegan options….
It’s a small contemporary cafe, now expanded (almost doubled) due to popular demand!
Can be crazy-busy, but that's because it's so good. It’s remained extremely strong and has
a very loyal following. A hidden gem, for sure. Great sandwiches and good service.
Located off Pope Ave near Aunt Chilada’s. Have to be looking real well to spot it.

Plantation Cafe & Deli…….traditional breakfast restaurant, recently renovated. Located on
Pope Ave a couple of blocks from Coligny Circle. Nothing fancy but a good solid breakfast
served hot and fast by experienced wait staff. Busy but efficient. Favorite of locals and the
working folks, now discovered by the rest of us. Be glad they allow us to participate. <<<<<<
Food is excellent, prices even better.
https://plantationcafeanddeli.com/ <<<<<<

Hilton Head Diner
……an old-fashioned Diner serving a great breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Food is surprisingly good. Located on Hwy 278 across from the Palmetto Dunes entrance.
Extensive menus for all meals, and they do have everything! Dined there twice within the
last 2 weeks, once for dinner and once for breakfast, and it was wonderful. The "Steak & Eggs"
is awesome….a 10-oz sirloin perfectly grilled---plump, juicy, delicious. They also have a hamburger
that our family calls the “Cheeseburger in Paradise”. The fried shrimp were also quite good,
especially for a diner. It’s open 7 days a week from 7am - 10pm. Great for a quick bite, or for a relaxed
spontaneous meal when you forgot to make reservations elsewhere. For us, it’s also a chosen destination.
http://www.hiltonheaddiner.com/ <<<<<<

Southern Coney
…Classic "eat & run" dive, located in the shopping center where
Kenny B’s is located, but at other end, off Pope Ave. Good reviews, so if you’re in a hurry,
try it. Favorite of locals & island working people, but aren’t we that too? We can pretend…...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Southern-Coney-Breakfast-116698091715605/ <<<<<<

Skillets Cafe & Grill
…….Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner…..it’s been around a long time.
Traditional non-fancy restaurant with good solid food and good prices. Good reviews
but can occasionally be inconsistent. Still a convenient location in Coligny Plaza,
and it’s a quick meal. Dined there many times.
https://www.skilletscafe.com/ <<<<<<

…………………….….……UPDATED April 2022………………………………………………….
……………………………...That’s all for now,…………………………………………………….
……………...............but to be continued as needed……………………………………………
………………………………….ENJOY!……………………………………………………………..

********************************************************************************************************************

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for all these reviews, @jme!

Emi

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been to HHI many times over the years and enjoyed the restaurants there. We are thinking about going in January. Are the restaurants open in January? Does the Serg group still have the winter specials coupon book?
Thanks

gsb

Reaction score
We have been to HHI many times over the years and enjoyed the restaurants there. We are thinking about going in January. Are the restaurants open in January? Does the Serg group still have the winter specials coupon book?
Thanks
Restaurants are open in January, although some will close for a week or two. The SERG coupon books have been gone for a couple of years now. There are still a few restaurants that do BOGO in the winter—Scott’s Fish Market comes to mind.