• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Harbour Club

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what size beds are in the 2nd bedroom? Are they doubles or queens?

And is the pool heated? How warm is it?

Thank you

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I believe they are double beds, although we did not use the second bedroom last year when we stayed there. We also did not use the pool.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The pool is heated but we were there in early April and it was on the cooler side of warm. During the heat of the day it wasn't bad but it was too chilly as soon as the sun began to go down. By 4 it was too chilly for adults and even the kids couldn't take it for more than 20 minutes before the teeth started chattering.

I didn't measure the beds but I would have guessed that they were doubles.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Couldn't remember myself for sure (altho I had my suspicions) so I went to "Marriott Hotel" site to hypothetically book a stay at Harbour Club in order to look at Hotel room info, and it described the villa as having one king in master and 2 "doubles" in second BR. My assumption is that those "doubles" are not queens, but instead have the typical double or "full" bed dimensions.

I'm satisfied it's not queens, but a call to the Harbour Club front desk is really the only other way to know for certain, and that's only 10 numbers away if it's important......

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Would the heated pool be a deal breaker at Easter since it's early next year. Other option is Monarch.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Thanks. Would the heated pool be a deal breaker at Easter since it's early next year. Other option is Monarch.

btw, here's the actual description:
"Master suite king bed, whirlpool tub, shower. Second Bedroom 2 double beds, whirlpool tub, shower"

For heated pool, here it is:
"Outdoor Heated Pool" (listed under "Fitness & Recreation")
so, it's not a deal breaker!

most details are always listed on the individual property website. Marriott is pretty good about doing that.

I know Harbour Club and Monarch are your two options, but FYI, if another resort suddenly becomes available from future random searches, GO, Barony, and Surfwatch all have excellent indoor pools (and heated outdoor pools) which are great despite any kind of inclement weather possibilities. I'll be at GO April 3-10 (past your stay I think) so if you want, you can come over as my guest.

just looked it up, Easter is March 27, so your dates don't coincide, but if any other tuggers are there for Easter, they might do same if you want to experience those nice indoor pools---there ARE a few TUG members and Marriott owners (at GO, B, and SW) who reside full time in Sun City and maybe could arrange something using their day pass privileges ----"there's always a way")

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was at Monarch in August and the second bedroom has 2 twin beds

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
btw, here's the actual description:
"Master suite king bed, whirlpool tub, shower. Second Bedroom 2 double beds, whirlpool tub, shower"

For heated pool, here it is:
"Outdoor Heated Pool" (listed under "Fitness & Recreation")
so, it's not a deal breaker!

most details are always listed on the individual property website. Marriott is pretty good about doing that.

I know Harbour Club and Monarch are your two options, but FYI, if another resort suddenly becomes available from future random searches, GO, Barony, and Surfwatch all have excellent indoor pools (and heated outdoor pools) which are great despite any kind of inclement weather possibilities. I'll be at GO April 3-10 (past your stay I think) so if you want, you can come over as my guest.

just looked it up, Easter is March 27, so your dates don't coincide, but if any other tuggers are there for Easter, they might do same if you want to experience those nice indoor pools---there ARE a few TUG members and Marriott owners (at GO, B, and SW) who reside full time in Sun City and maybe could arrange something using their day pass privileges ----"there's always a way")

Thanks Marty. I looked at my-vacationclub but the info wasn't as complete as what you found. There was a floor diagram but all it showed was beds with 2 pillows.

Actually we may overlap with you. I have Monarch reservations 3/26 - 4/8 and Harbour Club 3/25 - 4/1. Not sure yet what we'll use and what others will use.

We've stayed at GO in all seasons except summer. I don't think I've been in the indoor pool more than twice. We like the heated pool on the back side of the property. Most of the time it's pushing 100. Then the hot tubs at night. I've never stayed at HC but thought it would be nice to try since it has such a small footprint, is right next to Harbor Town and had a heated pool. I was wondering if HC kept it as warm as GO does.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Thanks Marty. I looked at my-vacationclub but the info wasn't as complete as what you found. There was a floor diagram but all it showed was beds with 2 pillows.

Actually we may overlap with you. I have Monarch reservations 3/26 - 4/8 and Harbour Club 3/25 - 4/1. Not sure yet what we'll use and what others will use.

We've stayed at GO in all seasons except summer. I don't think I've been in the indoor pool more than twice. We like the heated pool on the back side of the property. Most of the time it's pushing 100. Then the hot tubs at night. I've never stayed at HC but thought it would be nice to try since it has such a small footprint, is right next to Harbor Town and had a heated pool. I was wondering if HC kept it as warm as GO does.

Quilter/ Marty
We will also be at harbour club from 3/26 to 4/2. maybe we can all get together? Marty, If you want to come down early, you know you have a place to stay. :D

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Are you more a beach person even in the off season) or more a town person? My husband loves Harbour Club. He loves the easy walk to the harbor area and all the restaurant/bar choices. The pool was a little on the chilly side but there are hot tubs and the kids didn't mind the pool and liked that most of the time we had the pool to ourselves and could be as spirited as we wanted to be.

We will be in HHI this Easter too. :banana: March 27-April 3
We had Surfwatch but etraded for Grande Ocean. We also have a 3 br at Bluewater which we may have to keep because the Marriott accessible units may not work for us but this way I can decide later how it will work best for us.

Fingers crossed for good weather.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you more a beach person even in the off season) or more a town person? My husband loves Harbour Club. He loves the easy walk to the harbor area and all the restaurant/bar choices. The pool was a little on the chilly side but there are hot tubs and the kids didn't mind the pool and liked that most of the time we had the pool to ourselves and could be as spirited as we wanted to be.

We will be in HHI this Easter too. :banana: March 27-April 3
We had Surfwatch but etraded for Grande Ocean. We also have a 3 br at Bluewater which we may have to keep because the Marriott accessible units may not work for us but this way I can decide later how it will work best for us.

Fingers crossed for good weather.

We generally go in the off season (Spring). Our "beaching" consists mainly of bikes and walking which can be done from any location. When we stay at GO we are forever riding towards Harbor Town and South Beach. What will be greatly hoped for is a water view from the windows and balcony.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quilter/ Marty
We will also be at harbour club from 3/26 to 4/2. maybe we can all get together? Marty, If you want to come down early, you know you have a place to stay. :D

If we end up using the week a meeting sounds lovely.

Also going to be at GO 12/19-1/9.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Both Marriott's location are win, win. You will not be disappointed with any Marriott's resort on the island, in my opinion.