• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott - View from the Balcony

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Ocean Pointe

Cobia, 5th Floor, 3BR OF, South Facing
Rooms 5512 (Master) & 5511 (studio).

E4DC41C4-C75F-49BE-AC2A-72BEE2309633.jpeg

E7F3F80E-784D-40C3-859A-B1C7366ADC4F.jpeg

CE441099-53FB-4CCA-87AE-961E0047A267.jpeg

6C7C913D-31A7-4F0C-95AD-D60A2D489211.jpeg
BEE837AE-7612-4CD0-8FB8-FA15EC99D773.jpeg

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Crystal Shores - Marco Island - 2BR Villa #1126 (Egret (new) tower, Westward facing room, Pool View High Floor 6-15th floors.) Our 11th floor villa is actually the top floor on the Westward facing wing. I have stayed in the original tower, Gulf Front before, and don't get me wrong, those views are beautiful during the day, but this view is not bad, has more to see in the evenings, and is a lot less points. Would likely book this view again for our next stay.

51114367074_a2d38bcb56_z.jpg

51116395839_5bb5d63948_z.jpg

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree that the view from Egret facing West is really nice, but miss the large balconies in the Gulf front villas. The view from the 5th floor is also nice and requires fewer points, but we were lucky to get it.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Ocean Pointe, Ocean Side, South facing 4th floor in Cobia building.

51134038171_3400236b88_z.jpg

And for comparison....check out this pic below, from post #1 in this thread, of basically the same view, but 5th floor, from back in 2015. The 2021 view is certainly improved because of the removal of trees along the edge of the parking lot.

20551190216_20a2509472_z.jpg

Last edited:

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you continue to get the best Oceanside Villas at Ocean Pointe, although I actually like a similar location overlooking the pink (now white) building?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
How do you continue to get the best Oceanside Villas at Ocean Pointe, although I actually like a similar location overlooking the pink (now white) building?
Totally lucky I guess. This one was only booked about a month out with 120 day holding account points (grabbed a late cancellation that popped up), so it certainly was not due to an early time stamp.

Last edited:

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
821c7fc7a0853a6d4c28297512bacd17.jpg

Not to be too repetitive, but our view from the 7th floor of the Cobia building, here at Ocean Pointe this week. This resort was designed so well with almost every unit 2nd floor and above with an ocean view.
We own here and when we checked in we had to “wait” a little longer for this unit as they wanted to give us this higher floor villa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
We were only there for one night, to celebrate our daughter's graduation from University of Florida with a day at Epcot, but this was our view from a fourth floor studio unit in Building 84 at Marriott's Grande Vista. We also booked a 2BR for our daughter, our son, and two friends for the same single night. They had a fifth floor golf view in Building 86. Thanks to our 30% Presidential discount, both units only cost us 455 points total for that night. So two units for six adults for a direct usage cost (based on our own average per point MF cost) of only $250 or so. We used some Plus Points we had in our account, so the value was great.

After Friday's graduation, we drove down from Gainesville on Saturday morning, arriving at the property between 9:00 and 9:30am, and much to our surprise, both units were available for check-in. That allowed us to drop our luggage, leave our cars at Grande Vista, and grab a couple Ubers over to Disney's Contemporary for our 10:30 breakfast reservations before heading over to Epcot. We didn't get back on property until after 11 pm. We had breakfast on Sunday morning at The Grill.

This was our first time at MGV and we were impressed with the resort. We aren't frequent Orlando visitors anymore since both of our kids are in their 20s now, but if and when we do go back, MGV will likely be our top choice.

IMG_1872.JPG

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Ko Olina, Moana building, Floor 16 (two bedroom penthouse lockoff)

87EE6B25-B4B1-4387-9D98-0E4EEB53ED09.jpeg

523464BB-DA7A-40A2-BED9-CA63F534328C.jpeg

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
e161e665bd87a79b490dd9d1bbd14f4c.jpg

Marriott Ocean Pointe Kingfish building 1st floor inlet view or what they consider oceanfront. We like it cause you get to watch the boats go by all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rule has been broken before, I'll break it again. :) It is a Marriott, just not a timeshare.

Many (most) of you like beaches and their views. For me, it's ok. But this is my Hawaii.

4E0EA279-8F66-406D-AF55-D2AB14D9B530.jpeg

And this is my most favorite view ever, though not a balcony:

1212355F-916C-4E04-ADE7-071E930F7D68.jpeg

Angels Landing, "they" say arguably the toughest hike in the US, no idea if it's reasonable or not. Many people have died getting there.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Rule has been broken before, I'll break it again. :) It is a Marriott, just not a timeshare.

Many (most) of you like beaches and their views. For me, it's ok. But this is my Hawaii.

View attachment 36492

View attachment 36493

Angels Landing, "they" say arguably the toughest hike in the US, no idea if it's reasonable or not. Many people have died getting there.

You ole rule-breaker, you :eek:.............. (Keep it up, I like it!!!!! :clap: Gorgeous views!)

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is the Marriott? It looks like some of the scenery we see from the Zephyr or Southwest Chief.

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points

View attachment 36492

View attachment 36493

Did you do that yourself?
I watched a YouTube of it, I could no more do that than fly to the moon.
Heights like that make me dizzy and even nauseous.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points

View attachment 36492

View attachment 36493

Marriot courtyard..Sedona??

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
You ole rule-breaker, you :eek:.............. (Keep it up, I like it!!!!! :clap: Gorgeous views!)

They really were. No water in sight! It's not always the ocean, doesn't do as much for me. You know me from previous trips! It was points from MVCI so sort of counts.

Here's what really made in special.... I've lost so much muscle the last few years due to various shoulder surgeries and replacement. I was getting medical massage for dystonia, and, the PT does classes to also strengthen joints. After she worked on me and saw me walk, she said something to the effect of I was in such terrible shape, and had such low balance, that I couldn't possibly be in her class for safety reasons. Hmmm.......

Where is the Marriott? It looks like some of the scenery we see from the Zephyr or Southwest Chief.

Springhill Suites, Zion National Park UTAH, still here. Used a cat6 7 night certificate. Going rate is over $700/night here due to summer demand, unreal for a Springhill. So, good use of cert! Got 1.35 cents value per Bonvoy point.

Did you do that yourself?
I watched a YouTube of it, I could no more do that than fly to the moon.
Heights like that make me dizzy and even nauseous.

Yes, 2 days ago. Am still sore and dehydrated! Not bad for 61 year old though, coming off a year of inactivity due to shoulder replacement. Hot tub helps a little at least. But yes, the youtube videos scared me too. I have lots of pictures from the climb but videos are better than pictures. Too many spots where some sort of camera attached to body would have been needed to take photo without perishing. One has to hold the chains else fall to death. But this photo below is typical, and it's a few hours of that. Bad step = 500 or 1000 ft sheer cliff.

Marriot courtyard..Sedona??

See above. Second time here.

This slope is steeper than it looks. Chains most of the way, spots where you must pull your body weight up. I'm sure a real pro rock climber wouldn't be bothered at all. But for normal folks...

25D19928-C8A8-4580-BDCE-C5189F44EAAA.jpeg

Last edited: