• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Vacation Club Owners will now receive a 50% discount on the fee to upgrade to an Interval International Gold or Platinum level Membership.”

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have just been reading the latest MVC Insider Newsletter, Announcing Expanded Internal Exchanges
I hadn’t heard before though about
“Additionally, Marriott Vacation Club Owners will now receive a 50% discount on the fee to upgrade to an Interval International Gold or Platinum level Membership.”

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
I have just been reading the latest MVC Insider Newsletter, Announcing Expanded Internal Exchanges
“Additionally, Marriott Vacation Club Owners will now receive a 50% discount on the fee to upgrade to an Interval International Gold or Platinum level Membership.”
Wow...thanks for the info

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has any Marriott owner found a Vistana week that was in 2nd tier preference, meaning Marriott can see it, but non-Marriott cannot?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Before the end of the year or just after the new year they gave 50% off for 2 years I think? Idk I bit and signed up for platinum to see how it works. I think it will work for the guest certificate and the getaway discount.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Before the end of the year or just after the new year they gave 50% off for 2 years I think? Idk I bit and signed up for platinum to see how it works. I think it will work for the guest certificate and the getaway discount.

I just did that, too. I had originally signed up for Gold for five years at some other promotion and then wanted to add a week to my membership from SVV and I asked could they do it for free if I upgraded to Platinum and what would it cost. With the 50% off platinum I brought a week over, got two years of plat membership and $118 refunded. LOL

I'm planning on grabbing a couple of getaway weeks in December so that will more than pay for the membership.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Wait. Is there an asterisk?

* Effective 2/1/2020, the upgrade fee Interval International Gold and Platinum will increase by 100%

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I just did that, too. I had originally signed up for Gold for five years at some other promotion and then wanted to add a week to my membership from SVV and I asked could they do it for free if I upgraded to Platinum and what would it cost. With the 50% off platinum I brought a week over, got two years of plat membership and $118 refunded. LOL

I'm planning on grabbing a couple of getaway weeks in December so that will more than pay for the membership.
Bring friends and use guest certificates and it will really pay off lol

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wait. Is there an asterisk?

* Effective 2/1/2020, the upgrade fee Interval International Gold and Platinum will increase by 100%

Where did you find this? Is this referring to the size upgrade fee?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know how long this has been going on, but I don't recall.... the last 4 mvci properties I stayed at, including Shadow Ridge where I just checked in, gave me noon checkout due to titanium bonvoy. I don't recall ever getting that before?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know how long this has been going on, but I don't recall.... the last 4 mvci properties I stayed at, including Shadow Ridge where I just checked in, gave me noon checkout due to titanium bonvoy. I don't recall ever getting that before?
Some MVC resorts seem to have always had a very well managed and effective housekeeping setup to allow limited late check out requests without compromising the 4pm check in time.
Many have not though and most I have experienced rigidly apply the 10am check out time.
if they can offer some flexibility that’s great, If they do but as a result delay new arrival room availability beyond 4pm I would say that is unacceptable.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score

Last time I stayed at shadow ridge we couldnt get in until well after 4. Iirc it was more like 5-6PM, although that was awhile ago.