• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott to Marriott Exchange, Hawaii

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
You're very lucky to have gotten the towers. I'm hoping we'll be able to exchange into it some time as well. For those who might not know, MOC and mm1 exchange under the same code and are not differentiated by interval.
That is to say... a match to MOC is considered a successful exchange to MM1 or MOC. (and vice versa)

sent from my cell phone...

Last edited:

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
Everyone, including II, seem to use MOC (Maui Ocean Club) to refer to the whole complex, including all 4 buildings. And actually MOC is the complex.

If you get an II confirmation for MOC/MM1, you have to pay attention to the towers noted on the confirmation, that's would Marriott will use. Our confirmation specified Napili/Lahaina :banana:

Last edited:

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Kahuna. Now that you've renewed your II membership, for the following years, check the TDI for Maui/Hawaii in II. Try to select a week with the highest demand. Call Marriott 12 month to the week that you will deposit, on Thursday, even if you are selecting a Friday or Saturday arrival date, which is best. You should be able to not only get a Napili/Lahaina week, you should also be able to get a 2-BDRM for your 1-BDRM. You may have a little trouble over Spring Break or some of the Summer months, but otherwise it is doable, using OGS, deposit first, and ReTrade.

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Update...
For our week in question I have selected an arrival date of July 29, 2016 and booked it at MVCI. I received my email confirmation from MVCI notifying me that in order to exchange it I need to contact II. So I signed up with II and also listed the week for rent on Redweek, which I also joined. I have not gone any further with II. I hope to rent it. I also am trying to select somewhere in the world we would like to go and start an OGS with II.
I understand that the sooner I decide on an exchange the stronger my week is so plan to decide in the next few weeks. I would like to give the Redweek ad some time to work.
How does my plan sound? Thanks for your help as always.
BigKahuna

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looks like you picked a good week. You know that you can use that week for your 2017 vacation, as well as 2016. That should get you into Waiohai on Kauai, even even a 2-BDRM back at MOC using EPlus.

Not sure why you want to give-up your week in RedWeek?

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Regarding giving up my week to Redweek, my thinking is why not rent my week out and then I can go rent another week wherever I want without paying II for an exchange and hoping they come thru. Renting insures that I know I can go rent the exact week with the exact view at the resort of my choice.
Plus Waiohai on Kauai only shows instant exchanges thru the end of March 2016, what if I want to go in July or August? nothing.
Am I missing something?
Bigkahuna

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Regarding giving up my week to Redweek, my thinking is why not rent my week out and then I can go rent another week wherever I want without paying II for an exchange and hoping they come thru. Renting insures that I know I can go rent the exact week with the exact view at the resort of my choice.
Plus Waiohai on Kauai only shows instant exchanges thru the end of March 2016, what if I want to go in July or August? nothing.
Am I missing something?
Bigkahuna

I don't think you are missing anything. I think renting out your week and then using the cash to go and rent where and what you want works well if you are renting out a prime season and wanting to rent prime season. Prime season weeks in II are rare. You may still not be able to get exactly what you want while renting, but at least you can go and find something that works. II is always a gamble.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think it would be that hard to trade a Marriott to Marriott in Hawaii. I own a EOY 1 Bedroom Oceanfront at KBC and we usually will trade the 1 bedroom part of our Silver Season Marriott Summit Watch for a 1 Bedroom in Hawaii. This past year had requested dates end of June till end of August and was offered July 4th at MOC which we could not use and settle on a mid August week. 2 years ago got a week at KoOlina and have had other trades to MOC in the past. Wanted to visit the Big Island one year and since no Marriott traded to a non Marriott in Kona.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think it would be that hard to trade a Marriott to Marriott in Hawaii. I own a EOY 1 Bedroom Oceanfront at KBC and we usually will trade the 1 bedroom part of our Silver Season Marriott Summit Watch for a 1 Bedroom in Hawaii. This past year had requested dates end of June till end of August and was offered July 4th at MOC which we could not use and settle on a mid August week. 2 years ago got a week at KoOlina and have had other trades to MOC in the past. Wanted to visit the Big Island one year and since no Marriott traded to a non Marriott in Kona.
Totally agree. People log into II and do an online search and state they never see popular resorts like MOC: and they probably never will. Marriott owners with an OGS will get it before anybody online will ever see it, let alone be able to exchange for it. So don't go by what you see online, start an OGS.

A 2-BDRM OF or OV MOC can cost $500/nite. I see a Waiohai GV can cost just as much. So paying an II exchange fee is peanuts. We just spent 2 weeks at MOC in an OF 2-BDRM unit ($7,000), and it only cost me 2 exchange fees and $98 for two EPlus fees. Last year I exchanged into Waiohai. This year, I exchanged into Waiohai, but re-exchanged it when the back-to-back MOC's became available in EPlus.

My problem with using Redweek, or renting out any of my TS's in general, is that ultimately you are responsible for that unit you are renting out.

But these are my observations, experiences, and reservations and as Dioxide mentioned, in the end it's your decision and you may like the Redweek exchange experience. Let us know how it works out.

BTW, if your going to rent, check out VRBO, we've had good experience with them.

Last edited: