• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Rewards Visa Anniversary Free Night Certificate

sox21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Can someone let me know how you redeem the free night certificates now? I used to get a certificate in the mail and now I am told that it is an e-certificate. Will this certificate display in my Marriott Rewards account? Sorry if this information was posted before. I tried to use the search function but it is not working at this time.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
just call the reservation line and bok your stay...ask them to attach the certificate to the stay.

Last edited:

Kazakie

TUG Member
Reaction score
See this thread
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68992
Marriott no longer sends these by mail. They apparently don't even send an e-mail notification. However, what you should find - in your Marriott Rewards account - is a "Requested Reward" for the e-certificate.

Mine showed up in my account on March 3, 2008, within a few days of my second anniversary date. To find it, log in to your Marriott Rewards account and click on "Marriott Rewards Activity". For the "Select a month" drop-down box, select (at the bottom) "Last 6 months", or some similar lengthy period and "Show" "All transactions".

What you are looking for is something that looks like the following:
03/03/08 PREMIER VISA ANNIV 1-5 HOTELS 0 pts

The electronic certificate is known to Marriott reps as a "43J" certificate.

Once the cert shows up in my account i've been able to book with it online without calling anyone.

Last edited:

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

wegottago

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you

Boy am I glad someone asked this question. I was just talking to my husband wondering where his was. Since he doesn't travel that much anymore he doesn't look at his account so often. I found it but we only 2-1/2 months before it expires!!

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
How do you book it online? Is there a special code to use? I checked the thead you referenced but it mentioned having to book these via phone and not online. Thanks.

I have done this plenty of times. Just search using the "Use Marriott Rewards points" and make sure the hotel is within the proper category for the certificate. When you go to finalize your reservation, it will say "you have an e-certificate in your account, do you want to use it?" and just say yes and you're set.

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have done this plenty of times. Just search using the "Use Marriott Rewards points" and make sure the hotel is within the proper category for the certificate. When you go to finalize your reservation, it will say "you have an e-certificate in your account, do you want to use it?" and just say yes and you're set.

Not exactly but it did say "Attach the e-certificate(s) below to my reservation" or I could use points. Thanks for the info!!!

rosepointe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a heated conversation with a Marriott the other day when I asked for some type of confirmation of my certificate when the reservation I got back said to make certain you have your certificate upon check in. My account said I had 7 night Cat 7 for the hotel with the reservation but the confirmation from Marriott said I needed to present the certificate upon check in. I hope they change their typed confirmation to reflect the change. Hate to get stuck in London and be told my room is not covered.

I will reconfirm before we leave on both ends with someone to contact if I have a problem.

Reservation made on phone with Marriott rep.

Sue

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
DaveM: Do you think you can put the procedures for using Cert 43J for Black credit card anniversary free night in the FAQ part of Marriott?

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, Cathy, but I try to limit the info in the FAQ to timeshare issues. There is much useful info I could add on other Marriott topics, such as the one you suggest, but I'm concerned about overload. As I have been told a number of times, the FAQs are already somewhat overwhelming for some.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand, thanks anyway :)