• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Reservation System Change??

rosepointe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I might have missed something but I was told by an agent to call the 800 number at 7AM to book for next year. I had done this in the past and it all worked. Today when I called to reserve for next year I got a message saying no one to talk with until 9AM. When I called the number they referred one to I got another message saying no person until 9AM. I went to reserve online and the calendar did not appear updated. A rep told me we could book today for Nov 21 2009. Getting confused.

Thanks
Sue:bawl:

joyzilli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Usually the calendar will update at 9 am also. Check again at that time.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
I'll be booking today also for next November 21. Today you can book for November 20-22, 2009 (assuming your resort only has Fri-Sat-Sun check-ins). It's always been 9:00 a.m. Eastern time.

I did check the calendar earlier and that weekend is still showing not available to book.

If there had been a change, I'm sure MVCI would have communicated that important fact to us (I hope).

Maybe the agent was confused, especially if you are not in the Eastern time zone.

Last edited:

rosepointe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got it. Thank You. It did change over at 9AM; however, 2 years ago we called at 7AM and there was an agent on the phone. I was told several weeks ago to do the same and the system responded that there was no one until 9AM. Oh well I got what we wanted.

Check in the Sat before 2009 Thanksgiving.

Sue

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
MVCI really needs to do something about their capability to take reservations at both their call center and the website.

I was online before 9:00 a.m. this morning and got to the section to book my day at the 12-month mark. Selected the date and hit continue to book. Screen popped up "encountered unexpected error" and kicked me out. It did this 3 times meanwhile I was also calling both the 800 number and 801 number. Consistently got "we're experiencing heavy call volume and cannot take my call" and then it disconnects!:wall:

I realize people are booking for next year's Thanksgiving week, but hey Marriott, you know when you are going to be experiencing heavy call volume based on the calendar.

I finally did get to make my reservation online, but it's very frustrating.

I can't imagine how difficult it is for you folks trying to book really high demand holiday weeks (4th of July, etc.) and empathize with you.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
But she says it in such a cheery voice!

You're right, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to reach into the phone and strangle her :ignore:

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Sorry about that. I recevied my last choice of check-in day!

David and Ingrid,

I see you both own at ShadowRidge. Were you trying to get ShadowRidge for Thanksgiving week?

I just bought a Platinum at ShadowRidge earlier this year but see that Thanksgiving week is gold season there. Am staying there next March. Hope I don't have trouble getting my desired week there in the future.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
David and Ingrid,

I see you both own at ShadowRidge. Were you trying to get ShadowRidge for Thanksgiving week?

I just bought a Platinum at ShadowRidge earlier this year but see that Thanksgiving week is gold season there. Am staying there next March. Hope I don't have trouble getting my desired week there in the future.

Yes, I was trying to get SR to occupy. Unfortunately, I had a computer glitch (my fault) and by the time I got a live person at 6:11, they were all gone; she said Sat check-in was gone by 6:05. The sad thing is that this week has no greater trading power than other fall weeks! Before I discovered Tug and the subleties of reserving a week prior to depositing, I used to deposit to II anywhere from Oct through Dec and always received fantastic trades (Hawaii, Aruba numerous times). After Tug, I always reserved and deposited Thanksgiving week and received those same fantastic trades...from my experience, there is no greater trading power for this week than other fall weeks. Maybe I'll change my mind on the points issue as it might be easier to reserve this week if you intend to occupy!

Ingrid

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
David and Ingrid,

Yes, I was trying to get SR to occupy. Unfortunately, I had a computer glitch (my fault) and by the time I got a live person at 6:11, they were all gone; she said Sat check-in was gone by 6:05. Ingrid
I got in at exactly 6, not a second earlier. I think they answered my call at about 6:06 (according to my DVR clock!) All they had was sunday (I wanted Friday or Sat.), but I did book it and plan to go (for now).

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Wow, to add insult to injury, it will take 2 weeks until I have access again to this week on the web site...unbelievable!

Ingrid