• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Resales

hipsjrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surfwatch
Marriott Legends Edge at Bay Point
Has anyone used MVCI resale operations at Marriott to sell a timeshare? I have two timeshares with Marriott I want to sell.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call them up and tell them what you have. They will tell you whether they are listing your specific units or not. For most units they are not because they have a long list of people in line.

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
I know this is not the right forum for sales to take place, but out of curiosity where are you Marriott TS or are they points?

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Bio says Surfwatch and Legends Edge

classiclincoln

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used them to sell our Kauai Beach Club and have our Grand Vista unit listed with them. Very easy, although a bit pricey. They take 40% but we were OK with it because we wanted to get rid of it.

hipsjrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surfwatch
Marriott Legends Edge at Bay Point
Thanks for the updates so far. I own a Platinum week at Legends Edge at Bay Point, and a Gold week at Surfwatch, both Marriott properties.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
OP, once you determine IF Marriott will list them, I would just do a comparison of net to you between Marriott as the broker vs open-market sale, e.g.,

Maui 3BR Lahaina(extreme example I suppose)
- Marriott lists at $76K, at 40% commission, you would net $45,600
- Timeshare Broker lists at $70K, sells at $60K, at 20% commission, you would net $48K (While some brokers are at 25%, at this price point, I would assume there is some negotiation room, $5K sale price units, not so much.)...but sells faster at lower price, presumably.
- Redweek Full Service listing with their broker at $70K, sells at $60K, at 3-20% commission, depending on if another broker represents the seller, you would net $58K to $48K, also selling faster than Marriott.

I see Redweek listings for Legend's Edge for $1500 on Redweek, so guessing that's your best bet, or eBay, just to get rid of it. Not sure any broker would handle without a minimum commission charge on top of the sale price.
Surfwatch is more likely to fit the model above.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like Marriott Resales. My preferred way to sell.

Sold 7 weeks with them. No dealing with buyers or negotiating prices. It make take some time (one took 2 years) but you can keep using your week til then.

Tried few re-sellers but do feel most are flaky and sometimes even unprofessional.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just FYI this is not a good time of year to sell through the resale department. It is not a good time of year to sell at all if you expect 2018 fee reimbursement unless you already have a desirable week reserved.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I contacted Marriott resales 1.5 years ago about selling my 2 DSV I weeks, and was put into a waitlist. However the weeks got enrolled in Sept of this year. A month ago, resales department finally sent me the listing agreement to sell the 2 weeks with a first use year of 2019. I believe at this time of the year Marriott resales department brokers for first use year of 2019.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I contacted Marriott resales 1.5 years ago about selling my 2 DSV I weeks, and was put into a waitlist. However the weeks got enrolled in Sept of this year. A month ago, resales department finally sent me the listing agreement to sell the 2 weeks with a first use year of 2019. I believe at this time of the year Marriott resales department brokers for first use year of 2019.

Are these DSV I Red or White weeks. They just did my DSV I. Took about that long.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are these DSV I Red or White weeks. They just did my DSV I. Took about that long.
Red weeks. I turned the offer down since they became enrolled. We were in the situation as to either we totally got out of the Marriott weeks since they were not enrolled, or if enrolled then become more vested. The timing was off by a month and a half.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
So you must have bought before June 2010. I would have done the same too.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So you must have bought before June 2010. I would have done the same too.
No... I bought them after June 2010 but through Marriott resales. Long story which I had discussed in a separate thread.

It is sort of strange to say it... we have had great II trades and we love DSV I. But II fees kept going up and so are the MF. II trading game can get stressful. The climate and environment of our present home is so similar to Palm Desert area and we have less of a desire to go back to DSV I regularly. Having said that, we will be spending 2 weeks at Westin Mission Hills starting next week, and in January, a week at Westin Mission Hills and a week at DSV.

When the weeks became enrolled, we put down more money to get us to Presidential level. We maybe penny wise pound foolish here. So far we have not gone into the "OMG what have we done".

Last edited:

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I believe at this time of the year Marriott resales department brokers for first use year of 2019.
This is a great time of year to sell a unit with usage starting in 2019. A few years ago we sold one through MVCI Resales in January for usage starting the following year. It was a high priced week and was listed only a week before it was sold. Our net price (after Marriott's 40% commission) was considerably higher than what a highly recommended broker told us we should LIST it for.