• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Park City

S

Steamboat Bill

Does anyone have any recent resale info on Marriott MS or SW in Park City for a 2 bedroom floating ski week or the fixed weeks 51, 52 or 7?

It was hard to get a floating week for under $30k last year or holiday for under $40k, but I think the prices are WAY down now.

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
Holiday had a Summit Watch Platinum for $11k a few weeks ago. It didn't last long. I had just finished buying an MSE or I might have grabbed it. I heard through the grapevine that it passed ROFR.

Davdi

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
$11,000 is an unbelievable price. I'd love to find one for that price. How did you see it for sale with Holiday?

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
$11,000 is an unbelievable price. I'd love to find one for that price. How did you see it for sale with Holiday?

My sales agent there called me as soon as it came in, thinking I (or someone else I might know) might be interested. The really high-demand/well-priced weeks never last long/don't make it to their website. Whichever agent gets ahold of their potential buyers first gets the sale (usually within a matter of minutes).

David

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll contact the agent I use at Holiday and let them know. Thanks.

Cobra1950

Reaction score
What is the contact information for Holiday? I have a week 51 and a Bronze week there, might go for one more PPlus week if I can find a deal on one, Marriott wants $85K, lowest resale I have seen is $55K (feel still too expensive given the market and original pricing.

V

Vacation Dude

Ads for Ski weeks are very unclear.

Many claim to be 2 bedroom yearly ski weks, but often they are not floating ski weeks (approximately Nov 24-April 14) and are summer or mud seasons.

Prices are all over the map, but baragains usually indicate a misleading ad.

2 bedroom ski weeks for Mariott are still $25-30k and even higher for fixed weeks 7, 51, 52

sml2181

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been watching for some time but when I was searching (until this past July or so) - I found floating winter weeks for between 20K-25K and fixed for between 25K and 30K. These were not hard to find at all at the time.
I was only looking for Mountainside weeks.

Did purchase Colorado though because flights to Denver are cheaper and easier for us.

hipslo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been watching for some time but when I was searching (until this past July or so) - I found floating winter weeks for between 20K-25K and fixed for between 25K and 30K. These were not hard to find at all at the time.
I was only looking for Mountainside weeks.

I am always looking to purchase additional platinum MS weeks (I currently own four). As a result, I have feelers out with multiple brokers at all times, all of whom are aware of the fact that I am a serious potential buyer. None of them have info that is consistent with the information you are posting. I am not disputing your information, just pointing out that none of the brokers seem to be aware of it.

If fixed ski weeks are truly available between 25 and 30k I would buy multiple weeks at those prices.

sml2181

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well - unfortunately I don't have the emails anymore, otherwise I would have been happy to forward them to you.

I found a week 7 for 35K on Buyandselltimeshares.com (I think that's the name of the website.) I asked if it was indeed a fixed week and if it was still there. Received confirmation and when I didn't bite, it was offered for 30K.
I had to leave for a few weeks, during which I didn't have the time to deal with this, but after a week or 2, it was offered for 28K.
Almost bought it, but at the same time I was offered a week in Breckenridge which I bought instead.

A week 51 was listed as a floating week. After doing some research it appeared to be a fixed week. Asking price was 30K but dropped to 27.5K.
Bought another week in Colorado instead. This one was found on Timeshares Only.

There were some others too - point is that I found them myself - some by accident and some were listed as floating weeks instead of fixed weeks. When I first started looking, I approached multiple brokers who all told me there were fixed weeks starting at 40K and floating weeks starting at 35K or so.
Of course I don't have any idea if any of these prices would have made it through Marriott's rofr.

Some weeks I DID buy (in Colorado) - just to let you know that brokers don't see everything:

Fixed week 52 for 20K - Sheraton Mountain Vista
Some brokers told me there was only 1 on the market for 60K - the one I bought was listed on vacationtimesharerentals.com as a "winter week". Another broker offered me 1 for 35K but dropped to 25K. The one I bought was listed as a floating week - not as a fixed week.

Fixed week 7 Lakeside Terrace in Avon - 4K.
Was listed as floating winter week for 8K on vacationtimesharerentals by TimesharesOnly. The 4K even included title search and closing costs.

Floating week SMV winter - bought it for 8K and was listed for 18K on buyandselltimeshares. First it was offered to me for 12K but when it took a little longer before we could start the whole process (long story - closing was to be done by John Faeth but then he passed away) the seller was afraid she was going to be stuck with it so I could have it for 9K.

I bought some others too but these were not the "great buys" as the above mentioned ones. For the Colorado weeks, I had some brokers looking for me, but I found the weeks myself.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that it is worth it to really search for yourself and just approach owners. I know the difference between SMV/Lakeside and Marriott Mountainside. And I paid more for my fixed Hyatt week but still much less than it was listed for. Funny thing is that I have yet to stay at any of these - except the Hyatt - because I have somehow always managed to stay at the Valdoro, which I really like. I wanted the fixed weeks to make sure I could actually use them.

Again, so sorry I can't forward you all the emails as "proof"!

hipslo

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of floating winter weeks at Mountainside were just listed for 25.5 each and both sold within a couple of days. (Dont know how much they sold for though). Other weeks have been listed at 30.5 for months without selling.