• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott - Paris?

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How easy is it to trade into summer at Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France?

We have already deposited myrtle beach and have a request for Paris. Interval tells me they haven't had many deposits yet.

I'm trying to lock in FF seats... but don't have a specific week yet. My fall-back plan is to use MR points for a hotel certificate.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you traded a good MB week you should be fine. Summer weeks show up on line once in a while.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Paris or Disney?

The MVCI resort Village d'Ile-de-France is not close to Paris. If you want to see Paris stay at a Paris hotel. Just returned and all of the Paris Marriott's are convenient to the city. Village d'Ile-de-France is a good 40 minute commute when you leave your villa door.

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not consider the Marriott resort as located in Paris. There are a few hotels in really the best locations in Paris. If you want to be in Paris, I would choose a Marriott hotel.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Village d'Ile-France is NOT Paris

My wife and I stayed there a few years ago and "commuted" to Paris every day; it was a very frustrating and time consuming experience (1 hour each way and no trains past 6pm). You will never see the "City of Lights" at night -- unless you want a VERY expense cab ride home.

If you want to see Paris skip the Marriott timeshare, if you only want to go to Euro-Disney then it MIGHT be for you however Orlando is closer, cheaper, and nicer.

-TJ

derb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tahoe Joe are you sure about the 6PM last run. We were there 4 years or so ago and the last train was around 9 PM. Also, as I recall the train to the stop just before eurodisney, which has a bus that has a stop at Marriott, runs to 11 pm or 12am.

davewasbaloo

Reaction score
If you want to see Paris skip the Marriott timeshare, if you only want to go to Euro-Disney then it MIGHT be for you however Orlando is ... nicer.

-TJ

Don't agree with this as I think the MK in Florida is one of Disney's worst parks and DLP is one their best.

But Ile De France is great if you want to explore France - wineries, medieval villages, Rheims, DLP and Paris. Also the golf is excellent if you are agolfer.

If you are only interested in Paris, then stay in a hotel.

This resort is really aimed at European MVCI owners where we have little interest in the city of Paris than a day here or there. It is best enjoyed (like most MVCI resorts) if you have a car.

We love it and it is easy to trade into outside of school vacation time for Europe (American schools break up for summer about a month before Europe).

davewasbaloo

Reaction score
Tahoe Joe are you sure about the 6PM last run. We were there 4 years or so ago and the last train was around 9 PM. Also, as I recall the train to the stop just before eurodisney, which has a bus that has a stop at Marriott, runs to 11 pm or 12am.

Agreed, public transport does run quite late. Also, for shopping, the Val De Europe is one of Europe's largest malls (5 min away) with a discount shopping village of European designers.

Personally I think going to France just to see PAris is a waste. With Provins, Pierrefonds, Chantilly, Rheims, Noyon, Barbizon, Vaux et Vicomte offering fantastic experiences. Paris is worth a day or 2 IMHO, but the other smaller towns are amazing, especially if you are coming from the new world.

sml2181

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed, public transport does run quite late. Also, for shopping, the Val De Europe is one of Europe's largest malls (5 min away) with a discount shopping village of European designers.

Personally I think going to France just to see PAris is a waste. With Provins, Pierrefonds, Chantilly, Rheims, Noyon, Barbizon, Vaux et Vicomte offering fantastic experiences. Paris is worth a day or 2 IMHO, but the other smaller towns are amazing, especially if you are coming from the new world.

I agree!!!

Except for the 2 days in Paris.

However, France is not Paris and I think the resort is a wonderful place to explore other cities and villages in France. In fact, I wouldn't mind staying there for a few weeks - not at all. I could also imagine it being a great place to visit Paris if you have children and want to have the "assurance" of an American branded accomodation - there are apartments within Paris, but unless you can spend a lot of money, most of them are, well, like we say, French.

Before this resort was built, we also took our kids to many other places within 45 minutes drive to Paris multiple times for long weekend stays and never had a problem with that. But, Paris is only a 4 hours drive from our home so it is not a "once in a lifetime" experience.

We love to stay IN Paris and our kids love to stay "next to the Eiffel Tower" (Hilton Paris is their favorite hotel by far) but I most certainly would not want to say one really should not stay at the Marriott Village!

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is true that going to France to only see Paris is a waste but Ile de France would be one of the last on my list of places to see in France. If it is one of your first times in France and you really want to experience Paris, you may be disappointed with it's out of the way location. If you've been to France many times, I guess you may want to explore out of the way places. I've lived in France for every summer of my life and I have never seen, or wanted to go to, the euro disney area, though i'm sure the resort is very nice.

Last edited:

SallyMagoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Marriott Disneyland Paris 2 years ago, so I will put my 2 cents in. It is true that resort is a train ride to the City of Paris, but the train is not so bad. One day, we figured out how to get to Versailles entirely by train. We were able to stay late in Paris and take the train back. In my opinion, the biggest time waster was renting a car, although the car did allow us to take a day's drive from the resort and visit Rheims and the famous cathedral there and drive through the champagne region of France which is very picturesque. On our last day, we had to return the car, and spent the better part of a day driving to Paris, getting in some horrible traffic and trying to locate the rental car agency's spaces inside the Gare due Nord which was very frustrating and confusing. We mostly used the car to get to and from the nearby train station, which required parking fees in addition to the rental cost. On our last day, I noticed that the resort offered a shuttle service to and from the train station at a nominal cost. How I wish I had known that -- we would have willingly paid for the resort to shuttle us over to the train station.

Hope this helps someone in their planning.

Sally

dionysia

Reaction score
If you traded a good MB week you should be fine. Summer weeks show up on line once in a while.

Ok, I am really new to this board. What is a MB week?

I want to trade into a week there in summer 2010. (June 27- July 4) Is it too early to put in my request? I have a deposit in II. It was for Thanksgiving last year at Newport Coast Villas. II extended the expiration date if I renewed my membership. I know there is a fee.
Any suggestions? or ideas? :shrug:
Thanks