• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Maui encouraging exchangers ro

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Got this today:

MVC_Logo_Stacked_Stone.jpg

– – –​
Dear Exchange Guests,

In response to the unprecedented situation surrounding the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Governor of the State of Hawaii issued emergency proclamations on March 21, 2020 and March 31, 2020 instituting mandatory self-quarantine requirements for all persons entering the State of Hawaii and all persons traveling inter-island within Hawaii, in an attempt to limit the health impacts and mitigate the spread of COVID-19. On May 18, 2020, the Governor of the State of Hawaii issued a further emergency proclamation ("Order"), which, among other things, extended the prior mandatory quarantine requirements through at least June 30, 2020.

As a result of the Order, the State of Hawaii is continuing to require and enforce a mandatory fourteen-day quarantine for all persons arriving to the State of Hawaii, as well as for anyone traveling inter-island within the State of Hawaii. Under the Order, the period of mandatory self-quarantine begins from the time an individual enters the State of Hawaii and lasts through the earlier of fourteen days, or the duration of the person’s presence in the State of Hawaii. Similarly, for any inter-island travel, the period of mandatory self-quarantine begins from the date of entry onto the island in question, which quarantine period is separate from, and in addition to, the period of mandatory self-quarantine required upon entry into the State of Hawaii. The Order provides for criminal penalties for failure to comply and we wanted to make you aware that the local authorities have been enforcing the Order by arresting and fining visitors that violate the quarantine requirements and, in some cases, requiring these visitors to leave the State.

Under the Order, any Owner subject to the mandatory 14-day self-quarantine period is required to remain in his/her villa during the quarantine period and is only permitted to leave the villa for medical emergencies or to seek medical care. Further, any such Owner is not permitted to have any have visitors in his/her villa, other than a physician or healthcare provider, during the quarantine period. In connection with those requirements under the Order, if you choose to keep your upcoming reservation at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club for an arrival prior to June 30, 2020, please note that, upon your check-in, the resort will be issuing a one-time use only room key for initial access to your villa.

In addition to the mandatory quarantine requirements of the Order, based on the requirements of local government mandates and the impact of COVID-19, we wanted to make you aware that the following amenities and services at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club are anticipated to be closed through at least June 30, 2020: All pools, fitness centers, barbecue grills, restaurants, bars and marketplaces.

Based on the above, and in continued support of federal, state, and local efforts to curtail the spread of COVID-19, we are writing today to strongly encourage you to consider canceling your upcoming reservation if you have a reservation that is arriving prior to June 30, 2020.

If you wish to cancel your upcoming reservation, please contact Interval International® directly to discuss available options.

We appreciate your understanding as we all work together to navigate this unprecedented situation.

Sincerely,

Bill Countryman
General Manager
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Oy. They do not want us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I get that letter every week for the past 2 months or so. The only changes are the dates and adding the inter island quarantine paragraph.

Same letter and I am local. Thought it was funny when I got the first letter because I have been on property for a month at least.

Letter is just a form letter emailed to all those with reservations. I read it as a CMA warning.

On another note MKO was "busy" this Memorial Day weekend with probably 8 or 9 rooms occupied.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
[political - deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
On another note MKO was "busy" this Memorial Day weekend with probably 8 or 9 rooms occupied.

LOL! Frank, while it wouldn’t be great to be quarantined for 14 days there, which you aren’t, it would be very peaceful on the property. I wish we were there.

Best regards.

Mike

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
frank808,

Siggghhhh.....my heart continues to ache for my hubby and I to join you there for an extended vacation. Alas, it is not meant to be. We put our house on the market and while one would think that would be the perfect time to disappear it's not. It's rainy and growing season here in Texas which means the grass, weeds, etc. grow like wildfire and they must all be tended to on an almost daily basis other wise they get totally out of control. We could hire it done but the husband is very particular about it and would worry the whole time. So, I will live vicariously through your adventure there. Please post many pictures. :) :)

I get that letter every week for the past 2 months or so. The only changes are the dates and adding the inter island quarantine paragraph.

Same letter and I am local. Thought it was funny when I got the first letter because I have been on property for a month at least.

Letter is just a form letter emailed to all those with reservations. I read it as a CMA warning.

tshd

Reaction score

[/QUOTE]
LOL!! How was it at the lagoon? I know it's bittersweet but I do hope residents are somehow enjoying a vacation from vacationers

PaulaC

TUG Member
Reaction score

Regarding MKO, is anything open there now? I've read that the lagoons are open, but the parking lots are still closed. A friend that works there said 11 owners are currently staying there.

toddc2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club
I responded to this same email yesterday. The link takes you to a Marriott "leave a message" portal. So I filled it out, and they tell me that I cannot cancel my 2BROF week because I'm inside the 60 day window, but they were "nice" enough to give me a certificate good through 2021 with a 120 day reservation window. Great, rubbing salt into this wound as I banked a 2BROF week last year and received a 1 BRGV in exchange for this same trip...so now two OF weeks down the toilet...

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
LOL! Frank, while it wouldn’t be great to be quarantined for 14 days there, which you aren’t, it would be very peaceful on the property. I wish we were there.

Best regards.

Mike
If you had to quarantine it is a lovely place to be locked up for sure. The problem is looking at the lagoon and not being able to go down until quarantine is over.

For me the best part is I don't have to look for parking when coming back in the afternoon. Parking everywhere is available.

I do feel bad that they furloughed so much of the staff.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

LOL!! How was it at the lagoon? I know it's bittersweet but I do hope residents are somehow enjoying a vacation from vacationers[/QUOTE]The lagoons were very sparsely used. Public parking is off limits so it keeps the amount of people accessing lagoons down. Did see a lot of people parking at the shopping plaza and golf course parking lot and walking to lagoons. I take it lagoon 2 was busier than lagoon 3 in front of Marriott.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Regarding MKO, is anything open there now? I've read that the lagoons are open, but the parking lots are still closed. A friend that works there said 11 owners are currently staying there.
Nothing open at all besides lagoon. Now that the quarantine is moving to open pools and such I wonder if Marriott will open the pools?

Wow did not seem there were 11 rooms occupied. I did see a family arrive with their luggage a few days ago. Then they were out and about returning from beach. I am thinking they were here on island for 14 days already and finished their quarantine so they can be moving out and about,