• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Lakeshore Reserve Renovations

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
As it is a popular resort, I thought I would share my video showing the renovations at Marriott Lakeshore Reserve. Not only did they renovate the villas, but they made changes to the big common area between the lobby and Marketplace as well as some significant changes in the Lobby. The lobby looks much better. When you see them in the before and after shots in my video, the old one reminds me of an old worn out golf clubhouse or supper club. However, I am not a big fan of the changes to the big seating area just outside the Marketplace. What do you think?

Last edited:

Panzerman45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT Residence Club
Club Wyndham Access 300k
Good video. Marriott did a good job.

PhoenixCanuck

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very good news, it was somewhat overdue. Lakeshore Reserve should now regain bragging rights as a true high-end option within the Orlando portfolio.

At only four buildings constructed out of I think twelve originally planned, this resort never quite reached the critical mass needed to realize its full potential. As a result, maintenance fees are high, and operations can seem less than sprightly at times. I believe they have retained all of the land, so I wouldn't be surprised if one day they actually come back to this one for some additional build-out.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Jeremy, thanks for the video. Actually, I much prefer the color and furnishings before the renovation.
I kind of agree. We weren't fans of the circus sofa, but the villas had a uniqueness that is now lost. They certainly needed a refresh, and this is fine but it is now no different than any other Marriott property.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Nice video - love the drone footage! The circus music scared me though :ROFLMAO:.

Overall it looks good and much more modern. Agreed about the furniture outside - just looks pretty standard and not as elegant, IMO. Lobby looks great!

I'm torn on the villa. Love the living room, but they really stripped all the color out. Why are designers so afraid of color now! There is certainly a way to make a more colorful palette look modern, but I suspect that takes more time and budget to do well (and can risk going out of style a bit sooner). The white kitchen backsplash, for example, doesn't look great to me against the darker, older style of granite. Guest bedroom/bathroom look very plain without any splashes of color as well. Also surprised they upgraded to a backlit mirror in the guest bathroom but not the master? Maybe they are just waiting on parts.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
We stayed in a new 2 bedroom Messina unit back in November and were not impressed. The older units seemed better to us. I mentioned in a previous posting that the renovated units at Grand Vista are the best of the Orlando resorts as of now, especially that master bath. We stayed in Vistana Resort, Cypress Harbour, Grand Vista and Lakeshore last year. We still enjoy Lakeshore for the lazy river and smallness of the resort.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent video, before and after the renovations project. I liked the new modern bright feel of the resort villas.

Looks liked I need a two (2) consecutive weeks vacation in Orlando this fall.

Thanks, dioxide45 for sharing this excellent video. IMHO

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
The bathroom fixtures I believe were changed because they had known issues with them, especially in the shower. Couldn't change hot/cold (would just spin) and couldn't turn water on (handle would just spin). Resulted in replacement weeks being offered because they couldn't fix it.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The bathroom fixtures I believe were changed because they had known issues with them, especially in the shower. Couldn't change hot/cold (would just spin) and couldn't turn water on (handle would just spin). Resulted in replacement weeks being offered because they couldn't fix it.
You mean the new fixtures they just put in didn't work. Or the ones they removed during renovation?

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
We stayed in a new unit in November and thought the units were much better than before with the exception of the dining table chairs were uncomfortable. But overall like the new decor as the old decor was dated and the soft goods were showing a lot of wear.

I agree that the outdoor lounge area set up is not a good as the old set up.

Jandk2011

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista Orlando
Beachplace Towers Ft. Lauderdale
I wasn't impressed with renovation. It seemed pretty boring to me and I've always thought of Lakeshore Reserve as the most upscale Orlando property. That villa renovation didn't seem to do it justice. And the outside sitting area with all the fans, looks terrible now. Sorry.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Wow for all the high MFs the owners have to pay and Marriott could not maintain the upscale feel of the resort. I almost bought a week on resale but barked at MF.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Thanks for this. We're staying there later this month/early March to attend the Arnold Palmer golf tournament. To be honest, my last stay there was so long ago that I don't remember the furnishings, though usually they are less important to me than the grounds.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have the townhouses been updated as well? Staying there the last week of March in a 3BR townhouse (unless I can re-trade to the beach) and just curious. We stayed there last year in 2BR villa pre-renovation.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Have the townhouses been updated as well? Staying there the last week of March in a 3BR townhouse (unless I can re-trade to the beach) and just curious. We stayed there last year in 2BR villa pre-renovation.
As far as I know, all villas have been refurbished. When we were there, they were still switching out furniture as some items hadn't come in yet as they were sitting in a shipping container somewhere.

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
You mean the new fixtures they just put in didn't work. Or the ones they removed during renovation?
They ones they removed during renovation.. They were removed because many didn't work as described and they couldnt fix them.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Does anyone else feel like Marriott (and Vistana) invests a lot in the design/decor when the timeshares first open (and they're trying to get people to buy), and then cheap out on the interior design when refurbishing?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Does anyone else feel like Marriott (and Vistana) invests a lot in the design/decor when the timeshares first open (and they're trying to get people to buy), and then cheap out on the interior design when refurbishing?
Not sure about that. MVC makes 10% off of all the renovation costs through their management fee. The more they spend the more they make. Of course it is up to the HOAs to decide how much and how to spend on renovations.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It could be done cheaply to keep the cost down for owners.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice videos (i also watched the tour). We are heading there for the first time here soon. I would also say based on the comp pics you posted I prefer the old colors - but I enjoy a warm Tuscan color palate. I think the redo at HGVC Tuscany years ago similarly replaced a warm palate for a colder more modern one.

But the grounds look spectacular, and that is the most important thing to me. We love a nice pool and spend most of our time at the resort - and it seems like the nicest Marriott pool in Orlando with plenty of room. Grande Vista can be a fight for a chair ....

Last edited: