• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Ko Olina trade

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am very pleased we received a trade into Ko Olina 2 bedroom for our Grande Ocean unit for Feb. 2013. Thank you II!

I now have to read all the reviews from this resort. I know my kids are very excited about visiting Pearl Harbor. I will have to figure out how difficult this will be to get tickets.

It sounds like a beautiful resort. We are confirmed into an Island View. I hope we will not get directly in front of the parking structure.

We have a couple of visits to HHI this year and now Ko Olina!

jd2601

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am very pleased we received a trade into Ko Olina 2 bedroom for our Grande Ocean unit for Feb. 2013. Thank you II!

I now have to read all the reviews from this resort. I know my kids are very excited about visiting Pearl Harbor. I will have to figure out how difficult this will be to get tickets.

It sounds like a beautiful resort. We are confirmed into an Island View. I hope we will not get directly in front of the parking structure.

We have a couple of visits to HHI this year and now Ko Olina!

jd2601

While we had a low floor in 2011, we weren't in front of the parking garage. Though we went in October and not a much busier owner occupancy time like February.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
Last year we traded into Ko Olina using a 2BR Maui Ocean Club garden view. It was during Spring Break (a fairly busy time of year). We were using a pretty strong unit for trade, but I'm not sure if they take that into account when making room assignments. We were assigned a 2BR Mountain View Penthouse unit overlooking the golf course. We were of course very pleased with that room assignment.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I know my kids are very excited about visiting Pearl Harbor. I will have to figure out how difficult this will be to get tickets.
You do not get tickets ahead of the day you will be visiting. My advice is to show up at the USS Arizona Visitors Center at Pearl Harbor early on the day of your visit to get your tickets.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year we traded into Ko Olina using a 2BR Maui Ocean Club garden view. It was during Spring Break (a fairly busy time of year). We were using a pretty strong unit for trade, but I'm not sure if they take that into account when making room assignments. We were assigned a 2BR Mountain View Penthouse unit overlooking the golf course. We were of course very pleased with that room assignment.

I do not think the resort (Ko'Olina) takes your trade into account when making room assignments. First and foremost, you get the view that was deposited - IV, OV, OF, etc..

Then room preference goes something like this for weeks owners.

Ko'Olina multiweek owners
Ko'Olina single week owners
MVCI multiweek owners
MVCI single week owners

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
I know my kids are very excited about visiting Pearl Harbor.
Do not miss a tour of the Missouri battleship as well (also docked at Pearl Harbor). It is a separate ticket, but well-worth the price.

sbeck22

Reaction score
You do not get tickets ahead of the day you will be visiting. My advice is to show up at the USS Arizona Visitors Center at Pearl Harbor early on the day of your visit to get your tickets.

The park service how has a website to get your Pearl harbor, well USS Arizona, tickets online months in advance. I think they are 1.50 to reserve ahead of time or else just show up and hope there are some left over.

This just started a few weeks ago.

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
Note that that some Island View rooms are in fact partial ocean view. The new tower Naia has a view of the harbor behind. In the Kona Tower request any room on any floor with unit numbers ending in 01, 03, 05 or 07. Obviously the higher the floor the better.

Here is a pic from the Lanai of my "Island View" room a couple years ago.

IMG_1360.jpg

How old are you kids? I have not taken my kids to Pearl yet. I want to wait until they can understand it. Of course I go to Ko Olina every other year so I can wait.

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information. My kids are older but have wanted to see it for some time.

I hope we can get an island view like jpc763. Looks phenominal!

Now I have a long time to plan.

Pleased that we got this trade.

jd2601

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not think the resort (Ko'Olina) takes your trade into account when making room assignments. First and foremost, you get the view that was deposited - IV, OV, OF, etc..

Then room preference goes something like this for weeks owners.

Ko'Olina multiweek owners
Ko'Olina single week owners
MVCI multiweek owners
MVCI single week owners

Interesting. I traded a 2 bedroom oceanfront at Ocean Pointe for a 1 bedroom garden view. Do you think I could get it changed to ocean front?