• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Kauai Beach Club - 1/4/4 Room Question

cindyc

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Kohala Suites, HGVC - Boulevard, HGV - Sedona Summit (deeded weeks), Sheraton Desert Oasis
Hello Tuggers!

I just exchanged into a 1/4/4 at Marriott Kauai Beach club for March 2021. On my II confirmation it says it is a 1 BR, 2 BA unit with 4 private, 4 maximum, hence 1/4/4. But when I look at room layouts it appears that there is only one bed in the bedroom and a sleeper/sofa in the living room.

Can those of you who have visited please post and let me know what the sleeping arrangement is for a 1/4/4? Do some units have two beds in the bedroom and others do not?

Thank you, oh knowledgeable ones!

Cindy

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It's a one bedroom, sleeps 4 with a sofa sleeper in the living room, which is actually more of a murphy type bed. Your unit has 2 bathrooms, King bed in master. Tiny kitchenette but still a dishwasher, sink, microwave and under-counter refrigerator. Wish they would had a full-size refrigerator.

Last edited:

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Tuggers!

I just exchanged into a 1/4/4 at Marriott Kauai Beach club for March 2021. On my II confirmation it says it is a 1 BR, 2 BA unit with 4 private, 4 maximum, hence 1/4/4. But when I look at room layouts it appears that there is only one bed in the bedroom and a sleeper/sofa in the living room.

Can those of you who have visited please post and let me know what the sleeping arrangement is for a 1/4/4? Do some units have two beds in the bedroom and others do not?

Cindy

Have a look on Marriott.com. You can see the photos of the one bedroom unit that the wood behind the couch folds down as a bed. We stayed several years ago and my young teens said it was comfortable. Great to have the second bathroom.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Tuggers!

Cindy
From reading our post I'm assuming you were wondering if the fact it was 4/4 meant 2 regular beds. This is not the case, they do include the sleeping capacity of any pullout or murphy beds. It's a 4 private because of the second bath which those in the LR would have private access to. If it had 2 full beds in the BR plus the pullout it would be 6 max/4 private. Now there certainly are resorts that give II (or RCI) slightly different sleeping capacity numbers than is actually correct and there are resorts with different room variations so it is smart to at least consider that option as part of the planning process.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The units now have a full size refrigerator in the part that has the kitchenette
I knew the change had been discussed, I wasn't sure if they'd done so there or just for Maui. They really should change the microwave to a convection microwave.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The units now have a full size refrigerator in the part that has the kitchenette
That is great information. I never understood why no full-sized refrigerator. Seemed there would be room for one. That's a deal changer. I need to enter an ongoing search for June of next year. We can do 1 bedrooms just fine. That was the only thing that I found lacking at the resort. I absolutely love the location and the pool. Our grandkids would really enjoy the amenities, and I love the exercise room.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I knew the change had been discussed, I wasn't sure if they'd done so there or just for Maui. They really should change the microwave to a convection microwave.
The Marriott website still says mini refrigerator in those units with 2 bathrooms. Are you sure?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Marriott website still says mini refrigerator in those units with 2 bathrooms. Are you sure?
I am not at all, last time we were there it was mini fridge only. Last Maui trip it was smaller full sized. Sounds like Cowboy is certain but can respond to confirm or not.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW, the murphy bed is quite comfortable. It is WAY better than any sofabed!!!

cindyc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Kohala Suites, HGVC - Boulevard, HGV - Sedona Summit (deeded weeks), Sheraton Desert Oasis
Thanks everybody for providing these helpful details and updates. I am feeling far more confident in our choice! Now I will keep my fingers crossed and hope traveling is possible to Hawaii, next year Mid-march.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks everybody for providing these helpful details and updates. I am feeling far more confident in our choice! Now I will keep my fingers crossed and hope traveling is possible to Hawaii, next year Mid-march.
Glad you are happy with it. I absolutely loved the location, and you cannot beat walking distance to Duke's and Kalipaki Beach Hut (great burgers and fish and chips). We loved going to both restaurants onsite and not having to drive those two afternoons.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We had full refrigerators in all three of our units in KBC last summer.
Wow, that is so wonderful. That is a great upgrade. So another question: is there a two-burner cooktop? I may be confusing this with Westin Princeville.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No two burner cooktop as of last September
Thank you. That does sound right. I guess we will take our electric griddle, if I can get an exchange again.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. That does sound right. I guess we will take our electric griddle, if I can get an exchange again.
I'm pretty sure that electric skillet's, portable burner's, etc are not allowed, they aren't at most timeshares, so better check with the resort to be sure.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
It's my understanding that in order to have ovens and cooktops in a villa, there needs to be firewalls between the villas. Due to the fact that KBC is a hotel conversion which didn't/doesn't have the firewalls between each unit, there are no ovens and cooktops.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a different country and different legislation, but St Kitts Beach Club is a hotel conversion and has full kitchens.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton Hawaiian Village's Lagoon tower was a hotel that was converted to timeshares. Full kitchens but no washer/dryer in the units.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a different country and different legislation, but St Kitts Beach Club is a hotel conversion and has full kitchens.
My understand is that Crystal shores for the original section was a hotel conversion but likely a different situation as much as they gutted it. Regardless they could put microconvection units which would add considerably to the functionality of the kitchens there.
Hilton Hawaiian Village's Lagoon tower was a hotel that was converted to timeshares. Full kitchens but no washer/dryer in the units.
W/D are difficult because of the need for an exhaust vent. What I've seen several places do that added W/D later is to use the all in one that require hot and cold water but no vent. That's what the Wyndham in Waikiki has and I've been in several other resorts that had them over the years. They take some getting used to and they take forever to do a complete Wash/Dry cycle (like 4.5 hrs) but once I got used to them I actually like them and considered putting one (or 2) into my house when we built a few years ago. You just get used to planning a little and putting things on at night or when you go out.

Lv2Trvl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another good feature of KBC is the complimentary shuttle from the airport! If you don't need a car the entire time you are there you can just shuttle back and forth. We typically stay out at Waiohai or up north and need an extra night or two and tag KBC on at the end, check in and leave our luggage then return the rental car at the airport and take the shuttle back (a 5 minute trip). Then just relax for a day or two before heading home. Wish we were there now!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another good feature of KBC is the complimentary shuttle from the airport! If you don't need a car the entire time you are there you can just shuttle back and forth. We typically stay out at Waiohai or up north and need an extra night or two and tag KBC on at the end, check in and leave our luggage then return the rental car at the airport and take the shuttle back (a 5 minute trip). Then just relax for a day or two before heading home. Wish we were there now!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I forgot about that shuttle. That would mean we could avoid having two cars with all of our stuff. One car for trips to Costco is all we would need for the bunch of us. I really am wanting Kauai Beach Club now.

cvu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, HGVC x2
Bumping this thread.

Like the OP, I also exchanged into a 1/4/4 at Kauai Beach Club. View type on my confirmation is ZZBP, which from dioxide45’s excellent Marriott II Unit Codes post, I learned that ZZBP is Ocean View.........1BR dedicated unit.

I tried to figure out which of the room layouts on Marriott.com represented this unit. “1 King, bathrooms: 2, ocean view, balcony” doesn’t have a layout posted. “1 King, ocean view, balcony” has a layout with two balconies and what appears to be a lock-off door in the living room. Is the 1/4/4 ocean view unit’s layout similar to any of the layouts on Marriott's site? If so, which one?

Any experience regarding what kind of view can we expect as exchangers into an ocean view unit? Sliver of ocean off in the distance, possibly? Are there any bad ocean views at MKW?

Thanks, everyone!

cowboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean view is tower behind the swimming pool. Looks like full view of Na Wili Wili harbor from a distance.

Reactions: cvu